The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Extension:

The title that will be on sale on Tuesday will also come as a complete surprise because as far as I can tell it's not mentioned yet in this thread yet and as far as I'm concerned it's a title that I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY.

it's a very good thing.

Ford A. Thaxton

NOW I'm starting to get intrigued! Even if I'm not personally interested in it, lost or vetoed scores getting resurrected can only be a good thing.

Just now, Marian Schedenig said:

Peter Jackson.

HA!

Just now, kaseykockroach said:

I shore would!

I'm not sure your views in general can be called representative of... well anything beyond your own unique snowflake self.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

So was I right that it's Psycho original recordings then?

Nobody knows!  I was sure it'd be by noon pacific, but here we are and I don't see anything yet.

Um, yep. We definitely got ourselves overhyped for that one. Giant 'meh' to the entire thing.

I guess MV's remark that the 'implications' would get us salivating weren't going to apply to everyone.

I mean, LLL told folks that many would have a "meh" reaction to the first release, at least. But I'm super excited about what this means for the future, i.e. increased Universal releases. There's so much left in their vaults that needs to come out...

Yavar

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS
NEW RELEASES: 
Tuesday, 12pm (PST) June 26, 2018

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com 
Tuesday, 12pm (PST) JUNE 26, 2018

UNIVERSAL PICTURES AND LA-LA LAND RECORDS LAUNCH 
“UNIVERSAL PICTURES FILM MUSIC HERITAGE COLLECTION”

UniversalHeritage-Banner-WebPage.jpg 

“COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT – LIMITED EDITION”
Debut title in the UNIVERSAL PICTURES FILM MUSIC HERITAGE COLLECTION
Music by Michel Colombier
Limited Edition of 3000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 26

“THE MAN WITH ONE RED SHOE: LIMITED EDITION"
Music by Thomas Newman
Limited Edition of 1500 Units
STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 26

“100 RIFLES / RIO CONCHOS: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”
Music by Jerry Goldsmith
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $24.98
STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 26

“GOLDSMITH WESTERN ROUNDUP” SPECIAL!  
We’re celebrating the release of 100 RIFLES / RIO CONCHOS with an amazing deal on our incredible Jerry Goldsmith western titles!

ALL OF THESE GOLDSMITH WESTERN TITLES ARE ONLY $10 EACH!

BAD GIRLS, BANDOLERO!, RIO LOBO, STAGECOACH
and TAKE A HARD RIDE.

Sale starts 12 noon (pst) on 6/26 at www.lalalandrecords.com and runs thru 7/12. 

EXCLUSIVE “COBA KAI” LONGBOXES!  
We are offering 300 units of the COBRA KAI CD packaged in an 80’s style replica longbox, as an affectionate tribute to the original KARATE KID universe. These are $20.98 each and carry an additional shipping charge. Only 300 are for sale – when they are gone, they are gone! Available exclusively from www.lalalandrecords.com

LESS THAN 60 UNITS 
OF “THE JOHN WILLIAMS JURASSIC PARK COLLECTION” REMAIN!
Get it now before it’s extinct!  

BACK IN STOCK!
A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (3-CD SET), X-FILES FIGHT THE FUTURE: LIMITED EDITION, MATRIX RELOADED: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DANCES WITH WOLVES (2-CD SET), HOME ALONE: 25th ANNIV. (2-CD SET), 
DIE ANOTHER DAY (2-CD SET), BEVERLY HILLS COP II, 
THE PEACEMAKER (2-CD SET), THE GREAT RACE (3-CD SET)

COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT - LIMITED EDITION    LLLCD 1453
Debut title in the UNIVERSAL PICTURES FILM MUSIC HERITAGE COLLECTION
Music by Michael Colombier                                                                                              
Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 26

Order yours at www.lalalandrecords.com starting 6/26 at 12 noon (pst)

colossus-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Universal Pictures proudly present the debut title in the Universal Pictures Film Music Heritage Collection --  the world premiere release of renowned composer Michel Colombier’s (UNE CHAMBRE EN VILLE, AGAINST ALL ODDS, RUTHLESS PEOPLE, THE GOLDEN CHILD) original motion picture score to the 1970 classic sci-fi feature film COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT, starring Eric Braeden, Susan Clark and Gordon Pinsent, and directed by Joseph Sargent. Never before officially available in any format, Colombier’s wildly inventive score finally gets the deluxe treatment it deserves. It’s a musical marvel, and key to the film’s unending cult status, as it expertly balances cold suspense and unrelenting dread with moving emotion and even romance. Produced, mixed into stereo from 3-channel split elements, and mastered by Mike Matessino, this special release is limited to 3000 units and features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Jeff Bond and sharp art design by Dan Goldwasser.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title 4:05
2. All Systems Go 1:27
3. Set Up Communications 2:15
4. Colossus to Guardian 1:19
5. Guardian to Colossus 0:51
6. A New Language 2:15
7. Missile Launched 3:03
8. Rendezvous in Rome 1:47
9. Goodbye Kupri 3:06
10. Nuclear Blackmail
11. Under Surveillance 3:55
12. Schedule for Today 1:48
13. Mistress Arrives 1:05
14. Forbin’s Hi-Fi 1:19
15. Peeping Tom 2:35
16. Personal Contact 1:37
17. Missile Realignment 2:16
18. Overload 1:42
19. Dr. Frankenstein 1:10
20. World Control 1:48
21. The Final Word 3:11
22. End Title 0:36
23. Kupri Source 3:08
TOTAL TIME: 47:15

THE MAN WITH ONE RED SHOE: LIMITED EDITION  LLLCD 1463
Music by Thomas Newman                                                                                                 
Limited Edition of 1500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 26

TheManWithOneRedShoeWeb.jpgLa-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox and Fox Music proudly present the world premiere release of renowned composer Thomas Newman’s (THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, AMERICAN BEAUTY, SKYFALL, LESS THAN ZERO) original motion picture score to the 1985 feature film mystery comedy THE MAN WITH ONE RED SHOE, starring Tom Hanks, Lori Singer and Charlies Durning, and directed by Stan Dragoti. Mr. Newman’s bright and energetic score makes its premiere debut with this release. Fun and teaming with mischief and mystery, THE MAN WITH ONE RED SHOE is an early and notable entry in a canon of remarkable work that continues to this very day. The album was personally assembled by Thomas Newman and includes the film’s “love theme” by Michael Masser, which was recorded prior to the start of Newman’s work on the project. Produced for 20th Century Fox by Nick Redman, produced for La-La Land Records by the composer, Mike Matessino and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered by Dave Collins, this special limited release of 1500 units includes exclusive, in depth liner notes by writer Jeff Bond, (including a message from the composer to acclaimed percussionist Michael Fisher), and snappy art direction by Jim Titus.

TRACK LISTING:

1 Strange Beginning (Main Title)  4:20
2 The Man With One Red Shoe  1:27
3 Sweep Team  2:39
4 Umbrellas  1:30
5 Morocco  3:09
6 Maddy  1:56
7 Toy Hammers  :57
8 Dream?  2:10
9 Hapless Hopeful  2:20
10 Don’t Let Carson Go  2:15
11 Pulling Teeth  2:32
12 The Chase  2:23
13 The Coffee Shop  1:41
14 Head for Hearing  1:12
15 Slow Motion  :29
16 Hover Away  1:40
17 Second Red Shoe (End Title)  2:02
18 Love Theme (by Michael Masser)  1:45

Total Time: 36:28

100 RIFLES / RIO CONCHOS: LIMITED EDITION  (2CD-SET)         LLLCD 1458
Music by Jerry Goldsmith                                                                                                   
Limited Edition of 2000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

STARTS SHIPPING JUNE 26

100_Rifles_LLL1458-Web.gifLa-La Land Records, Fox Music and 20th Century Fox proudly present a double CD re-issue of two of legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith’s (RIO LOBO, CHINATOWN, THE OMEN, BASIC INSTINCT) original motion picture Western scores from the 1960’s – 1969’s 100 RIFLES, starring Jim Brown, Raquel Welch and Burt Reynolds, and 1964’s RIO CONCHOS, starring Stuart Whitman and Richard Boone. Maestro Goldsmith demonstrates his unparalleled might in the Western genre with this knockout duo – two powerful orchestral gems that stand the test of time. While the program content is the same as its previous release, 100 RIFLES has been given a sonic upgrade here with a new re-master, and the track listing now reflects Goldsmith’s original titles. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, with 100 RIFLES restored and re-mastered by Matessino (RIO CONCHOS features Matessino’s stellar master for the previous Kritzerland release), this rousing 2-CD SET features exclusive liner notes from writer Julie Kirgo and blazing art design by Mark Banning. This special release is limited to 2000 units. 

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1: 100 RIFLES (1969)
1. 100 Rifles Main Title 1:31
2. The Hanging 3:12
3. Break Out 3:54
4. The Church 1:15
5. Verdugo’s Revenge 3:57
6. The Victors 1:42
7. A Cliffhanger 1:26
8. The Children and The Raid 5:06
9. The Ruins 3:59
10. His Woman 2:32
11. Across the Plains 1:08
12. Inspection 1:35
13. 100 Rifles End Title 1:39
14. Mariachi No. 1 2:05
15. Mariachi No. 2 1:34
16. 100 Rifles Main Title (mono) 1:27
17. The Hanging (mono) 3:12
18. Break Out (mono) 3:54
19. The Church (mono) 1:15
20. Verdugo’s Revenge (mono) 3:58
21. March to the Wall (mono) 2:14
22. The Victors (mono) 1:40
23. A Cliffhanger (mono) 1:25
24. No Choice (mono) 5:15
25. The Children and The Raid (mono) 5:03
26. The Ruins (mono) 3:57
27. His Woman (mono) 2:33
28. Across the Plains (mono) 1:06
29. Inspection (mono) 1:33
30. The Spoils (mono) 1:33
31. 100 Rifles End Title (mono) 1:37

Total Time: 78:19

DISC 2: RIO CONCHOS (1964)
1. Main Title 2:41
2. The Prisoner 0:20
3. Get Me Out 0:38
4. The Exterminator 0:35
5. Where’s the Water? 1:55
6. The Fuse 1:05
7. Bandits Ho 6:06
8. Smoke Signals 0:58
9. The River 1:55
10. Unlucky Lover 0:58
11. River Crossing 4:25
12. The Aftermath 2:09
13. Lassiter Remembers / The Lance 1:41
14. Wall of Fire 2:16
15. Lonely Indian 3:16
16. Cantina 3:15
17. A Change of Luck 1:18
18. The Captive 0:58
19. The Big Deal 1:23
20. Chief Bloodshirt 2:36
21. Drag Race / The Corral 4:02
22. Free Men / The Intruder 5:05
23. Special Delivery 5:42
24. Cast Credits 0:24
25. Rio Conchos 
(Performed by Johnny Desmond) 2:35

Total Time: 58:17

In case anyone cares, here's how I would rank LLL's Goldsmith western sale titles, in order of priority. At a generous 50% off, there's really not a single one that folks should skip picking up though!

1. Rio Lobo -- a more subtle and melancholy score that gets under your skin and grows on you:

2. Bandolero! -- I love the whistled main theme though I understand if some don't; great themes and action music in this but it also has a more contemplative side I like:

3. Take A Hard Ride -- This has one of Jerry's best western themes and the highlights are incredible, but fair warning to those who might be turned off by the occasionally abrasive/unsettling synths for the villain:

4. Bad Girls -- Aside from the synth keyboard performances of the main theme which are very dated 90s sounding (and probably responsible for the poor reception this score had in the past), this is incredible music every bit on the level of Jerry's 60s and 70s western efforts. Listen particularly to the dark latter cue in this:

5. Stagecoach / The Loner -- This is a very nice score, very pleasant and folksy with catchy themes. It just lacks the badass moments of the other four albums listed above. In fact the most badass part of the CD is the TV music for The Loner. :)

Finally, I'd like to give a shoutout to Mark Banning for his excellent design work for the covers on 100 Rifles and especially Rio Conchos (probably the best he's ever done). When I first saw that Rio Conchos my initial guess was that Jim Titus had done it!

Yavar

13 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

In case anyone cares, here's how I would rank LLL's Goldsmith western sale titles, in order of priority. At a generous 50% off, there's really not a single one that folks should skip picking up though!

hey this is very helpful, thank you!

You're welcome! I hope you nab some/all of those and enjoy! (Were any of the clips I shared particularly appealing to you? For many of those scores you can find even more on YT to sample...)

Yavar

4 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

You're welcome! I hope you nab some/all of those and enjoy! (Were any of the clips I shared particularly appealing to you? For many of those scores you can find even more on YT to sample...)

Yavar

I instantly liked The Loner, Bad Girls and Take A Hard Ride samples. 

Take a Hard Ride from around 8:00-10:04 is great!

Not to say I disliked the others, these were just the ones that I was instantly drawn to. 

30 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's been on Amazon for a month already

On 6/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, Jay said:

They ARE releasing Balfe's score. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNTBKNG/

The only track I have tagged with Balfe is 'Faith' from The Bible, and that's only because the album is tagged that way.

Therefore I have no idea whether I actually have any of his music. That's not good.

Coming Friday July 13th!

244D17E8-9226-416A-BA55-FB94DA221618.jpeg

I already have the movie box set, but I’m in for the game score!  Cover art for pt 4-5 is terrific though.

Edit:  also from dark del in the comments: a track listing!

DISC 1 

1. Welcome to Your Nightmare 0:27 
2. Camp Blood 3:47 
3. You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide 5:42 
4. Lessons in Fear 2:16 
5. Massacre on the Lake 6:01 
6. Consumed by the Woods 5:28 
7. Terror Comes in Many Forms 9:07 
8. The Kill Zone 4:51 
9. Begging for Your Life 5:17 
10. Make a Run for It 6:02 

DISC TIME: 49:17 

DISC 2 
1. No One Makes It Out Alive 8:29 
2. A Cabin In the Woods 7:17 
3. I Think I’m Alone Now (Single Player) 3:29 
4. No One Can Help Me (Single Player) 3:47 
5. Slow and Painful (Single Player) 4:51 
6. A New Beginning (Single Player) 4:45 
7. Alone and Dying (Single Player) 5:09 
8. Sheer Terror 6:40 
9. The Final Gasp (Single Player) 4:02 
10. Lakeside Rampage 2:43 
11. Friday the 13th: The Game – Release Trailer 2:17 

DISC TIME: 53:47 

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 103:04

And finally, from MV at FSM

Yes, those two are coming out Friday, July 13th. Harry will be in store signing the new releases.

Friday the 13th parts 4 and 5 - 2 CD set. $19.98
Friday the 13th Game soundtrack - 2 CD set. $19.98

We couldn't use any key art or graphics from the game so Dan Goldwasser put together a pretty cool package. Detailed liner notes courtesy of Brian Satterwhite. 

MV

Just now, kaseykockroach said:

I always dug those F13 scores, but I could never figure out which one to get! I assume they're all the same. :P

They each have their highlights. All amazing in the films but can get repetitive on album, so they're fertile ground for your sequencing skills.

3 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Oh that disco version is the shit. I love it.

I haven't really found the 20 bucks for it yet (especially since I'm considering getting The Shadow), but hopefully I'll grab this one before the price goes up to miserable proportions. 

The general thought is that the scores to 1 and 6 are the best, with highlights being enough for all the rest.  I eat em all up though.

They did a digital highlights release from the 1-6 box. If you’re not super familiar, it’s probably enough. 

C89D78EE-AC2A-47BA-A85D-0EBF98AC5105.png

I grabbed four highlights for my Halloween playlist - three from the box, and one from the BSX Pt 7-8 disc.

Friday the 13th - Overlay of Evil/Main Titles

Theme from Friday the 13th Part 3

Here We Go Again (Opening Titles: Jason Lives)
Friday the 13th Part VII - End Credit

Haven’t heard it yet.  He scored the one Friday the 13th documentary a few years back and it was really good - in the same wheelhouse as the F13 scores without resorting to aping music that came before.

Also haven’t heard his scores for Jason X or Jason Goes to Hell, since they’ve been OOP since forever.  Hoping for a rerelease or expansion someday.