The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

But when they accidentally sent me Big Trouble in Little China instead of Link, they were nice enough to let me keep the former in addition to sending out Link! So I know they're alright chaps and I hold no ill will for the mishap. 

Now, if Child's Play 2 ever gets released and THAT has a shipping problem? Then yeah, then I'll be aggressive.

3 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

It's ironic.

Posting exclusively in prequel quotes here is a niche of a niche of a niche of a niche of a niche, wrapped inside an enigma, inside a conundrum 

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Anybody knows when E.T. is expected back in stock at LLL? I want to buy it with their 25% discount. @JTWfan77?

No idea. I had to wait a while for mine. Just drop them a mail, they respond pretty quickly.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, kaseykockroach said:

Eek! I don't want to get confrontational about it! I haven't even checked yet if the bank account charged me for the order, as I don't even know whether or not it was ever shipped out. Though if I did get charged for it and it got lost in the mail, that's alright. Losing 30 bucks would stink, but tain't the end of the world.

Let me get this straight, you may or may not have ordered a CD but you dont know if you did or not? Your posts make no sense. 

Did you order the CD or not?

I could have sworn I ordered it, but I'm now looking at my bank account history and can't find a trace of it! 

I hope I didn't fantasize buying it. I would think my brain has better things to daydream about. Though if it's not on my bank account history, it means I wasn't charged for anything, so what the hey, no problem, my sanity aside.

Yeah, I'm a little worried for myself.

I had no idea Margo Channing changed his name to @Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya recently until I checked old PM's. I thought it was a new member.

I think it's time to turn myself in to the looney bin.

I'll just buy it "again" once it's back in stock.

If it turns out, hey, I wasn't imagining things and I get two copies in the mail, I'll just give the other copy to my cat, I guess.

IMG_4911.PNG

How could you forget buying something? Usually I spend my life doggedly tracking the whereabouts of the thing I bought until it arrives and the cycle begins again...

1-XgB-Sjd4ZuwQgvxLijnnDw.gif

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

@La La Land Records, can you say when E.T. is back in stock at your store?

Maybe he's not out there, Jurassic Shark. Maybe he's right here, @Horner's Dynamic Range.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

@La La Land Records, can you say when E.T. is back in stock at your store?

For what it's worth, LLL said this yesterday on FSM.

Some have been asking if we will receive stock of the out of stock titles before the sale ends. The ONLY ones that may come in before the sale ends might be Dennis the Menace and Bobby Fisher, but we have been waiting nearly 2 months for them to arrive. When the cd manufacturing plants of UMG, Sony and WMG closed this year it made chaos out of doing reorders with all 3 companies as they tried to figure out what they were going to do next. We had hoped to have ET and Waterworld back in stock, but alas they are not here. Alien 3 and Titanic won't be back in stock for at least 30 to 60 days (we blew out of a ton of Titanic's the first day of the sale). We are planning ahead for Fall and Winter (Black Friday in particular) and hope this madness eases up and manufacturing timelines go back to normal. Only time shall tell. MV

7 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

I could have sworn I ordered it, but I'm now looking at my bank account history and can't find a trace of it! 

I hope I didn't fantasize buying it. I would think my brain has better things to daydream about. Though if it's not on my bank account history, it means I wasn't charged for anything, so what the hey, no problem, my sanity aside.

Instead of checking your bank account history, why wouldn't you check your order history at the site, and/or the email account that you use when you order from them?

7 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Yeah, I'm a little worried for myself.

I had no idea Margo Channing changed his name to @Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya recently until I checked old PM's. I thought it was a new member.

I think it's time to turn myself in to the looney bin.

You can click on anyone's username to go to their profile page, and then click the circling arrow icon to see their username history

Vinyl production is facing similar crises.  Labels having to wait months and months for production, delaying and delaying products.  There's been this vinyl resurgence but last I read not one single new vinyl press has been made this century in the USA.  They're still just using old ones.

5 hours ago, Arpy said:

How could you forget buying something? Usually I spend my life doggedly tracking the whereabouts of the thing I bought until it arrives and the cycle begins again...

1-XgB-Sjd4ZuwQgvxLijnnDw.gif

Easy. If it ships media mail, or if it's one of those Facebook vendors that peddle cheap Chinese crap, it'll take so long to arrive, you forgot you ordered it. 

Dear Customers,

If you are a customer who would like to take advantage of our current 25% sale, but may still be deciding because the title(s) you want is not in stock (like ET or Alien 3), please know you can purchase a gift certificate now. The 25% discount will be deducted from your purchase at checkout and you can use the certificate at a later time, when the out-of-stock item(s) have become available again.

Best
MV

Worth dumping a lot of money into LLL gift cards now if you have it handy.  It's like extending the great discount year-round.  I hear this is gonna be one for the books, as far as John Williams releases are concerned.

(I don't have any money)

If you buy say a $200 gift cert, can you spend it in dribs and drabs as different releases come out, or do you have to spend all $200 at once?

Just now, Jay said:

If you buy say a $200 gift cert, can you spend it in dribs and drabs as different releases come out, or do you have to spend all $200 at once?

There's a "Check Gift Certificate Balance" link on their site so I'd assume the former.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

There's a "Check Gift Certificate Balance" link on their site so I'd assume the former.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

There's a "check gift certificate balance" option on their site, so I would assume the former.

Edit: OMG

Woah