The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

27 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Saving Private Ryan? Boring! The least needed John Williams expansion.

22 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

What he said (Brundlefly).

14 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Personally I'd be more likely to buy an expansion of Always than this....even if there were unreleased music I've never really liked this score (or film for that matter).

I'd much more jump at a new version of JFK, if we're talking patriotic trumpet-led JW scores...

Yavar

9 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I don't think SPR is the best example of such style anyway. Way too dry 

Karol

MAKE IT STOP!

savingpvtryan_sad_screaming.gif

Just now, crocodile said:

I'm hoping to see Minority Report and War of the Worlds somewhere down the line. Or even Catch Me If You Can.

Karol

I would love all of those! 

7 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Dont worry, LaLaLand will remove them from their release.

If they don't extend them instead.

5 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I'm hoping to see Minority Report and War of the Worlds somewhere down the line. Or even Catch Me If You Can.

Karol

Even? That's a good score!

La-La Land has complete an expanded edition of Mission: Impossible 1, is working on 2, and will do 5 in 2025!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering

LLLCD 1411 - Mission Impossible 20th Anniversary 2 cd set (yes, it was supposed to be released in 2016, but we are still waiting on a rewrite/interview for the notes). Maybe next year? :(

MI2 - may happen some day. a bit more complicated. We have it all, just waiting on a legal thumbs up

MI3 - with Varese

MI Ghost Protocol - see above

MI Rogue Nation - out now, may do an expanded version for the 10 year anniversary...if we are still in business. lol

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=40&r=860#bottom

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

JWFan: Let the Negativity Flow!

All the annoying, stupid "Williams Americana is so boring" opinions have to be trotted out again.  Whatever.

I personally LOVE Williams Americana most of the time (oh MAN was The Cowboys DE a godsend)...this just happens to be one of my least-liked Williams scores despite that. When LLL announces JFK complete I'll be there.

Yavar

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

An expanded M:I Fallout as well? Koray's sermons that the score is only meant to work in the film really aren't holding up well right now.

You think expanded/complete releases are meant to be listening experiences? 

People just like to have that as an option. I've returned to the Jurassic Park OST (once you remove the end credits showing up twice) as my preferred listening, but I'm still endlessly grateful for the LLL release. 

10 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Nope, never said that.

You can keep trying, but you're not going to convince us that this score is somehow amazing.

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Nope, never said that.

You can keep trying, but you're not going to convince us that this score is somehow amazing.

So what were you saying? You seemed to imply that an expanded release negates my argument that a score is meant to work within the context of the film. If I inferred incorrectly, please elaborate. 

I’ve also never commented on the quality of the score and never tried to convince anyone it was amazing. But just look at all the posts by people who have actually seen the film, people like it. 

2 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Koray sure has been a bit snappy lately...

I noticed that too.  Must be something in his personal life affecting his board personality.

2 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

A flaw more and more common among JWFanners.

Especially the older, more experienced ones. 

33 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

While they are nice to look at on a shelf, and they feel nice to hold, I can tell you from experience that they taste terrible. Very crunchy with a metallic aftertaste. 

9 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

So what were you saying? You seemed to imply that an expanded release negates my argument that a score is meant to work within the context of the film. If I inferred incorrectly, please elaborate. 

I’ve also never commented on the quality of the score and never tried to convince anyone it was amazing. But just look at all the posts by people who have actually seen the film, people like it. 

Well, no, you said that we should be judging the music in the film, not on album (an unusual stance). Then an expanded release comes out, suggesting that Balfe would like us to enjoy the score on album, which we've already demonstrated that we don't.

7 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Well, no, you said that we should be judging the music in the film, not on album (an unusual stance). Then an expanded release comes out, suggesting that Balfe would like us to enjoy the score on album, which we've already demonstrated that we don't.

Again, you’re saying that an expanded release somehow equates to a meditated listening experience. It’s just the music as written for the film presented on a disc. As if Balfe controls what’s released anyway. 

I enjoy your personality eccentricities, it's just the sometime barrage of negative contrarian opinions that gets old.  I dislike plenty of things that a lot of people love, but I don't constantly let everyone know.

Alternative perspectives are valuable!  But, like I said, restraint is nice too!

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

sometime barrage of negative contrarian opinions that gets old.  I dislike plenty of things that a lot of people love, but I don't constantly let everyone know.

Alternative perspectives are valuable!  But, like I said, restraint is nice too!

Exactly!

That's what I've been trying to say around here for a while!

I have no qualms with the likes of Private Ryan's antics, I'm just very amused at TWO MINUTES NOW FINALLY INCLUDED. It's like that weird Pagemaster release no one asked for. 

I'm sure I can make the score more suitable for my needs once I change the cover art anyway.

IMG_4957.JPG

There's nothing wrong with reissues either, though, if that's what this essentially amounts to.  It's a very attractive package for people like me who only own the OST digitally.  No one is being forced to buy this new release.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Exactly!

That's what I've been trying to say around here for a while!

Everyone: New Jurassic movies are so awful and horrid and disgraceful, Giacchino is as evil as Satan if not worse, Last Jedi made me sadder than the day my parents got eaten by a rhino!

Me: This Saving Private Ryan release is silly.

Gawrsh, Severin sure is a negative nancy! 

2 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Everyone: New Jurassic movies are so awful and horrid and disgraceful, Giacchino is as evil as Satan if not worse, Last Jedi made me sadder than the day my parents got eaten by a rhino!

Me: This Saving Private Ryan release is silly.

Gawrsh, Severin sure is a negative nancy! 

Have you actually been reading the threads?  Most people are quite down on this SPR release IMO.  Resounding choruses of "MEH!"

Also, have you seen me constantly attacking Giacchino?  No!  I don't like that either!

6 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Awwwe... I wanna fly!

(in my, I don't mean to brag, decent Billy Bletcher impersonation) Alright, fly into dese! When yer through pealin' dat pile, you can fly!

And I don't got time to read threads, I got a hungry kitty to attend to!

A lot of the bitching going on here regarding releases these days is just pathetic and sad. 

As Stu said no one is forcing you to buy these releases.  To always bitch about them is like Thor's annoying broken record "The OST is just fine".

23 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Are you serious? You just posted a 5 star review on your site. How is that not saying the score is amazing?

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Are you serious? You just posted a 5 star review on your site. How is that not saying the score is amazing?

That review is not written by Koray.