The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

It is referring to your thread killing mastery, I believe.

Off-topic and thread-killing can be entirely separate affairs. I take offense to the notion that I bring topics to off-topic inanity, save for higher aims.

3 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Off-topic and thread-killing can be entirely separate affairs. I take offense to the notion that I bring topics to off-topic inanity, save for higher aims.

Thread killing is an art. I have disturbed the equilibrium of affairs for all thread killers, of whom Nick Parker is chiefest and greatest. May his comments ever strive for the illustrious rank he possesses, and may his clever and deft ability to thread kill ever prosper on this forum.

When I was a kid, I was always frustrated as to why my dad's home cooked pizzas always tasted like shit, while Domino's, Pizza Hut or even frozen pizzas were so much better. Then I realised he was using tasty cheese instead of mozzarella! I mean, how fucking gross!

9 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

When I was a kid, I was always frustrated as to why my dad's home cooked pizzas always tasted like shit, while Domino's, Pizza Hut or even frozen pizzas were so much better. Then I realised he was using tasty cheese instead of mozzarella! I mean, how fucking gross!

Your father was a wise man. You know, it's called tasty cheese, because it's tasty.

3 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Your father was a wise man. You know, it's called tasty cheese, because it's tasty.

Ugh, it's such a parents-in-the-1990s-who-don't-know-any-better thing. As soon as I discovered mozzarella in the grocery store and started cooking my own pizza, I felt like I'd found God!

Not coming this year

X Files
Star Trek
Buffyverse
Batman TAS
Golden Age titles

Still to come

Williams
TV Scores (new and classic)
Horror
Pure Awesomeness

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=67395&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=41&r=356#bottom

40 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Superman is as good as guaranteed.

But wouldn't they have to do III and II first? Also, I can't help thinking that I'll continue to find Debney's re-recording much, much better, no matter what they manage to do to the sound. MY dream scenario would be Debney re-recording the entire score.

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

But wouldn't they have to do III and II first? Also, I can't help thinking that I'll continue to find Debney's re-recording much, much better, no matter what they manage to do to the sound. MY dream scenario would be Debney re-recording the entire score.

But the cellos in the Debney main title are soooo distant...

Apparently a "multi-disc" 20th anniversary edition of The Thin Red Line by Zimmer has been mastered - could it be a LLL Black Friday title?  Doesn't seem like Varese or intrada territory.

From Nick Redman's Facebook:

So happy to have made the drive to Atwater Village for a CD mastering session with my great friend and engineer, Danny Hersch. Of all the many hundreds of discs Danny and I have worked on over the years, this is one of those that's pure pleasure. A multi-disc set for the 20th anniversary of a superb film and score from the 1990s - a personal favorite from both an influential composer and legendary director.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157785766912729&set=a.10150095006537729&type=3

31 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

If it is The Thin Red Line,

I can't imagine Nick's comments could refer to any other score but that one.

What other films from 1998 by "legendary" directors had scores by "influential" composers that would require more than 2 discs?

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

There's like 4 hours or more of material that's floated around right?  And probably more.  This could be a really great release.

Actually more than 5 hours! Many different and early versions of cues. Also pieces that weren't in the movie or that later on became cues.