The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

In the end, the label SW or IJ expansions comes out on is irrelevant, what matters is the producer chosen, their dedication to finding everything, the condition of what can be found, and then their process and attention to detail when mixing, editing, assembling, and mastering a final product.

The only thing reminding people about Disney Records and these scores hopefully helps with is tempering expectations when a label head reveals some vague clue. It's good to just know it can't be SW or IJ and think about real candidates.

And he either has to do it all himself, or oversee every aspect closely, else we'll get the SEs again but with take, quality and edit issues like the new OSTs.

11 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

This story came from a rather reliable source, as far as I know. Personally, I don't believe too much of it, though, as it makes absolutely no sense for LLL to fling mud at any composer.

It was a public post on Facebook. There’s nothing “not to believe.”

30 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It was a public post on Facebook. There’s nothing “not to believe.”

Don't be naive.  Zimmer clearly paid off everyone involved.  He is a monstrous hack, remember. 

25 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Is there anything left to release besides Batman & Robin and The Dark Knight trilogy?

You just listed four films right there - quite a bit to release by my estimation. All of the The Dark Knight Trilogy would have to be 2 discs each of score, right?

That's not including Batman vs. Superman, and the yet to be produced Batman film.

Batman ‘66 series, a last volume of Batman the Animated Series, Batman and Mr Freeze - Sub Zero, miscellaneous other animated shows (Batman Beyond, Beware the Batman, further volumes of Brave and the Bold, etc) , a small handful of animated movies (although MV has said he’s out of that game).

We know at least that they plan on wrapping up B:TAS.

maybe they’ll release the score for that picture of batman’s schlong that was released this week in Batman: Damned #1

2019 should see the release of the complete episode scores (four disc set) for The Adventures of Batman & Robin, the shorter follow up season to the original Batman TAS (which they “closed the book” on with Vol. 4 already). Then after that they still have to tackle the orchestral scores for The New Batman adventures (aka Batman TAS Vol. 4 on DVD, with new animation style though the orchestral scores stay consistent). This itself would be another 4 or 5 disc set.

Yavar

43 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I changed my name 

I guess Bilbo wasn't a Jedi after all, and with the changing of your username you have symbolically done so hand-in-hand with the character of Luke in The Last Jedi - denouncing the Jedi way. 

It's like poetry...

The kids at school would try to trick you by asking you really urgently whether you're a "maths debater" or a "science debater". And then they'd get angry and bash you up if you defied them and said something different.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, peeps!

We have no idea whats coming out...i.e. what will be done in time for our October slate and November slate...including our Black Friday batch.

As of right now we have 17 titles possibly coming out before the end of the year. It was 18, but we had to move one super cool Black Friday release to Feb 2019. It was not going to be approved, manufactured and ready to ship in time. 

So, that brings us to the 17 titles vying for spots. 

Oct 9
Oct 23
Nov 6
Nov 27 (final batch of the year)

Most likely all 17 titles will not come out in the next 2 months. We are waiting on sign offs from studios, composers, directors and producers. In other words, I picked the wrong time of year to quit smoking...or sniffing glue...or....

We are fairly certain Oct 23 will bring

ARROW SEASON 6
THE FLASH SEASON 4
SUPERGIRL SEASON 3
DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW SEASON 3
RIVERDALE SEASON 2

4 of those 5 are in the final approval stage awaiting signs offs from the producers. 

As for Oct 9...we will play the waiting game. We will know Oct 2 if anything will be ready in time . I'll keep you posted.

Until then, have a great weekend and don't sweat our release slate. That's my job!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=131597&forumID=1&archive=0

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Clark Kent/Superman = Superman?

That thing to the left could be construed as a cape....

Though that cheesy grin...

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

I forgot, do these flyers go up at 12 PST as well? Or isn't there a fixed time?

If you're talking about the monthly flyers showing what is due to come out that month, if you read the post from MV I quoted a ways up on this page, it's clear they won't be doing one for October because they don't know what's going to approved in time or not yet.