The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Buy Home Alone. But are you sure about ordering directly from them? After my BTTF3 debacle with Customs, I'm never ordering directly from the US again.

That's Varese, I heard LLL makes sure you won't have to bother with customs. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that'd be a dealbreaker.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

That's Varese, I heard LLL makes sure you won't have to bother with customs. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that'd be a dealbreaker.

That's true, but to be sure that they remember it, I write a message about it at checkout. My package of seven albums was marked with zero value and as "commercial sample". Music Box writes that each album is worth only 10 Euros.

That's good, because with this discount, LLL would be by far the cheapest option for two albums. If I count EotS and Home Alone:

Musicbox (France): 22000HUF incl. shipping

Soundtrackcorner (Germany): 24000HUF incl. shipping

Facethemusic: (HU): 24000HUF incl. shipping

LLL: 16000(!)HUF Incl. overseas shipping - a tiny bit more expensive than 1 album+shipping from Facethemusic

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Music Box writes that each album is worth only 10 Euros.

I was confused why you'd pay customs from France anyway, I always forget you guys aren't in the EU!

40 minutes ago, Holko said:

I was confused why you'd pay customs from France anyway, I always forget you guys aren't in the EU!

Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with that, as we're a member of the EEA, and each country in the EU and EEA are free to tax imported goods.

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

But first we need those Harry Potter scores! Then we'll choose the path of moderation.

Would they wait with that one until Fantastic Beasts goes into cinemas?

Would make sense to do so, I reckon.

For that reason, if they don't release it this year, I wouldn't expect it next year either.

Why release Potter in a year of no "Potter"...?

4 hours ago, Holko said:

Yes, I believe LLL and Intrada use 'commercial sample' with negligible value, whereas Varese gives the full, actual value, risking customs interest.

Whether that's actually completely legal... no idea.

So I want to order superman IV and saving private Ryan now with the anniversary 16% discount. I get 7'20$ of discount for those ...and it is 14$ shipping plus 2'75 each cd. I know that later in the year I will but supes 1, 2 & 3, and shcindlers list. So when i order those then I will pay another 14$. 

If I'm calculating it correctly...if I order now and later in the year ..even with the discount, I will be paying 7 dollars more in shipping than if I order it all later. Is this correct? Damn I can't use the discount then...

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

So I want to order superman IV and saving private Ryan now with the anniversary 16% discount. I get 7'20$ of discount for those ...and it is 14$ shipping plus 2'75 each cd. I know that later in the year I will but supes 1, 2 & 3, and shcindlers list. So when i order those then I will pay another 14$. 

If I'm calculating it correctly...if I order now and later in the year ..even with the discount, I will be paying 7 dollars more in shipping than if I order it all later. Is this correct? Damn I can't use the discount then...

The 16% comes off the entire order including shipping, just to be sure you're calculating correctly.

There must be something in the Fall air because we too need to delay our planned next batch...this time due to approvals. We are still waiting on final art approvals for 5 of the 7 titles we had planned for Oct 23. We should have those approvals shortly, but instead of taking orders on the 23rd as originally scheduled and shipping the following week we are just gonna shift our release slate by a week until we get to Black Friday.

So, we now have the following schedule lined up:

October 30: Superman 2/3, 5 Blake Neely titles, and Electric Dreams

November 13: 3 CD set, 1 CD and maybe a 3rd title

November 27: Black Friday batch (announced on Nov 23). Thus far, 2 titles are signed off on...2 or 3 more to come.

Since we are changing up the slate we have decided to extend our Sweet 16 sale to Oct 23.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=131786&forumID=1&archive=0

All 3 are too much for one BF, no? Gotta drip one of them early. Have HP3 in its own 3 disc set since it's the different one, and put 1/2 in a 4 disc set for BF!

1 hour ago, Falafel said:

Or have 1-3 in a 6 disc set, with extra cues from 1-3 on 4, 5, 6, and 7.1 7.2. ;)

I will own them all, so I wouldn't mind. The problem is, the sessions for 4 and 7 part 1 each demand 3 disc releases.

Thing is, if they were recorded in LA, we probably won't get anything after 3, for quite a few years, since they were recorded after 2005, and would have higher fees. Unless someone intervenes and pays them.

Well and let's face it, the demand for those will be less. I could definitely see LLL just throwing out a Williams box and calling a day for now.

Where any of those later Potter scores recorded in LA?

Because if they were recorded in London, all this union talk doesn't factor in at all.

I think we can rule out a Potter trilogy based on that release slate. MAYBE the mystery 3CD set is for the first score, but that would be it.

Don't forget there's still Schindler's List and probably Superman among those other titles.

I wonder how the Blue Box version of Superman can be improved? Have they discovered yet better sounding new sources for the score?

Could be wrong but wasn't the Blue Box release of Superman assembled using older tape scans of the first score? And the source of said masters wasn't first generation session masters? Or am I mixing this up with a different score? 

Maybe they discovered superior generation tapes and that triggered the entire series being re-released in the first place... 

EDIT: Must be mixing it up with something different, according to an FSM article:

Williams's music to Superman: The Movie has been released on several occasions, most recently on a 2CD set from Rhino (now out of print). That album, however, was reconstructed using secondary dubbing elements, as the six-track 35mm music masters were unearthed only afterwards. For this definitive presentation, the entire recording has been painstakingly remixed and remastered from that first-generation source, yielding the best sound quality ever. 

Soooo, what's left to improve? Would there be a source better than the multi-track 35mm masters? 

22 hours ago, Muldoon said:

Well and let's face it, the demand for those will be less. I could definitely see LLL just throwing out a Williams box and calling a day for now.

I don't feel I need expansions for 4 onwards. I have a cue ripped from the GoF DVD menu (Owl Post, I believe)  and that's all I have beyond any of the non-Williams OSTs.

And that's really not from a quality perspective - I believe the non-JW OSTs don't have the problems of major missing highlights that 1-3 do.

Do we know the sessions tapes were damaged, or just those from the leak? It doesn't seem right for a studio to mishandle their tapes, at least not as contemporary as 2005...