The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

43 minutes ago, Iron_Giant said:

I have it on absolutely no authority, but on plenty of just-close-your-eyes-and-believe power, that HP is coming next month.

More H.P Lovecraft? But Intrada already released From Beyond! 

Speaking of HP, a week ago, this channel on YouTube uploaded some cues from HP3: quality is not the best, but the weird thing is there're almost no SFX whatsoever. I'm no expert at all, mind you, but I tried to extract the surround channels from the HP3 BluRay myself, and SFX are pretty much everywhere, so I really don't know how this guy managed to polish these audio clips so well. Every HP3 expanded version of the soundtrack has SFX in it. This channel uploaded HP3 tracks every day in the past week: these may not be official recording sessions, but I personally would be happy to have the full soundtrack like this, if this guy is so good at audio cleaning.

21 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Is it your channel?

Nope, I found it searching for the Azkaban recording sessions.

If it were my channel, and I were so good at retouching BluRay audio, 

I'd have no excuse for not sharing the full soundtrack :D

24 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Do you think November 13 titles will be announced tomorrow?

They usually announce titles one week prior to the release, and then release full details including track listings on the day of release.

(Sometimes they release monthly flyers on or around the first of the month, or announce titles earlier than that, but it's not predictable and depends a lot on when they get their clearances).

Well I'd say one of the approved titles has to be Schindler's List, considering it was featured on the upcoming re-release poster.

Unlikely that only one or two Potter titles would be approved with another pending, so I'm thinking there's no Potter coming this year (unless they've decided to release them individually, in which case PS might happen).

Superman is surely in that mix somewhere, with the other 3 scores already approved and released.

I'm convinced something left-field might also be coming, to justify their "year for the books" comment, unless that was made pre-Sugarland Express being vetoed.

Either way, it's been quite the busy year for Mr. Matessino! Saving Private Ryan, The Cowboys, Dracula, Superman, Schindler's List, plus all the non-Williams scores like Alien 3. How lucky we are.

57 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The key is to go in expecting crap titles no one could possibly care about.  Like, I dunno, Child's Play 2 to pull a random example.

Then you can only be pleasantly surprised!

I didn’t know there was a Child’s Play 1 let alone 2!!

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The key is to go in expecting crap titles no one could possibly care about.  Like, I dunno, Child's Play 2 to pull a random example.

Then you can only be pleasantly surprised!

Image result for bugs bunny crying gif

19 hours ago, mstrox said:

You were only aware of Child's Plays 3-7?

I was unaware of those too! 

I’ve googled and apparently it’s those awful movies with the weird evil doll. Fuck that noise.

4 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I was unaware of those too! 

I’ve googled and apparently it’s those awful movies with the weird evil doll. Fuck that noise.

You stupid bitch! Ya filthy slut! I'll teach you to fuck with me!

1eee2ab92b4f7a26f6dd7406dce65815ddfa87c7_hq.gif

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Bride of Chucky was the first one I saw.

I own the first Child's Play on blu-ray, and it's the only other one I've seen.

Outside of bits and pieces of Childs Play 3 on TNT when I was a kid (I think it's 3?  I recall it having something to do with a school or academy or something), those are exactly the two I've seen.  I like them both, and own the rest - just have never gotten around to watching them.

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

What do they mean by 'locked'? That they might be waiting for a 6th or that they know nothing more will come?

It can mean either. But it seems they will go with five. Which is about the same number they usually do anyway.

Karol