The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

20 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

If he speaks of "titles" that probably means five movies? Or could HP1-3 possibly count as just one title?

That depends on whether it is one release or several, of course.

Karol

True... I always thought of the JP Collection as reference, but if it's three separate releases, i can't imagine them being released at the same time. At least I can't think of another occasion where LLL released separate sountracks for sequels on the same day. Only Intrada did that with the two Mummy scores (although if I remember correctly that only happened due to a delay on one of them).

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

LLL also called it their "Final Five" of 2018 which confirms that Schindler will be announced with the Black Friday batch.

Unless of course this is the title that has been delayed until February.

Karol

I'd find it really funny if we got something like Stepmom in the batch (a score that routinely tops lists of the least required expansions) because everyone will suddenly pretend that it's an amazing score :P

Just now, Richard Penna said:

I'd find it really funny if we got something like Stepmom in the batch (a score that routinely makes lists of the least required expansions) because everyone will suddenly pretend that it's an amazing score :P

It's bound to be someones holy grail :P

I would celebrate it because it would be an opportunity for tons of people who've probably never listened to it to check out a pretty good John Williams score.  Some nice emotional writing from Johnny there.

40 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

True... I always thought of the JP Collection as reference, but if it's three separate releases, i can't imagine them being released at the same time. At least I can't think of another occasion where LLL released separate sountracks for sequels on the same day. Only Intrada did that with the two Mummy scores (although if I remember correctly that only happened due to a delay on one of them).

I always found the word 'collection' rather stupid for that JP set because it was only about two scores. And it meant I couldn't buy JP because I was refusing to spend money on TLW. If HP1-3 is one set, they would refer to it as one title, I think.

45 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I'd find it really funny if we got something like Stepmom in the batch (a score that routinely tops lists of the least required expansions) because everyone will suddenly pretend that it's an amazing score :P

I quite like the score. I play guitar, so I've long admired the beautiful writing for guitar in the score. I have no idea though if there's anything missing from the OST or if there are alternates. I'm interested in any pretty much any Williams release that has unreleased music.

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

When will the 13th November titles be announced? Evening or afternoon or night or morning or noon or midnight or what?

In a few hours I guess

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

When will the 13th November titles be announced? Evening or afternoon or night or morning or noon or midnight or what?

I don't think they have a set time when they always release the flyer.  But it's only 6am in Los Angeles right now.  So.... probably not for at least a few hours.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

In a few hours I guess

jinx

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

LLL also called it their "Final Five" of 2018 which confirms that Schindler will be announced with the Black Friday batch.

Complete BSG releases confirmed!

31 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's not the OCD of collecting, Mr. Annoying Person.  It's the brilliance of the complete Lost World.

I kinda agree with Disco Stu.

Just now, Incanus said:

Well I hope this pre-Black Friday batch contains something interesting and not just those superhero TV series soundtracks.

This.  Or maybe I hope there's nothing I care about, since Black Friday will probably take a huge bite out of my wallet.

40 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well I hope this pre-Black Friday batch contains something interesting and not just those superhero TV series soundtracks.

Who buys those anyway? And who the hell is Blake Neely?!

I did wonder about that from the last e-mail I got from LLL advertising all those TV scores. Clearly someone is buying them but I have no idea what they are or what justifies so many releases.

The only score I have from Blake Neely is Magnificent Desolation, an imax score co-written with JNH.

Let's say HP 1-3 gets released as a 5,000-unit limited edition. How long before it sells out, do you think? My arbitrary guess is 6 months.

Just now, Marian2 said:

Does that mean there's hope for a re-release of Die Hard 2?

There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Is there really enough score in Die Hard to need 3 discs?  Huh.

My exact question as well. I mean, I love Kamen, but...

If anything, I'm curious to see the track list. Most likely, they found better sources for the material that was only available in mono the first time around. Or maybe they included previously unreleased source music from the sequels on this release 😜