The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I'm glad of all this news and I'm excited for this official announcement. I don't really buy new releases like this though. For most of the mentioned films I'm content with the OSTs although I am probably missing out on a lot.

I'll really make a move when we get a 20 disc Star Wars Saga CR.

Enjoy! :)

Could the release of the two later Airport movie scores be a precursor to a magnificent George Kennedy / Jennings Lang disaster tetralogy?  Airport '75 could be next (another John Cacavas beauty) then - leaving the best till last - John Williams's Earthquake deluxe corinthian edition.  You heard it here first!

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.

Speaking of hope, any hope of getting my account restored?

Or should I contact Andreas directly?

2 hours ago, Omen II said:

Airport '77 and Airport '79 on a 2CD thing.  A Cacavas and Schifrin twofer!

Take my money now you shits!

✈️

I might snatch myself a copy of this. It sounds good from the clips I watched on Youtube.

2 hours ago, publicist said:

Buy Hard!

OK-Man! ;)

No, seriously, I am big fan of all three. And the first score never sounded good on any album.

Karol

On 11/1/2018 at 7:51 PM, Brundlefly said:

Didn't they release Die Hard like a year ago?

Yeah, they did re-release the 2011 album with new artwork. It was sufficient but never sounded good. This is a brand new remaster with additional material. Since the previous two editions sold out easily I don't blame them for re-doing it again. It makes sense to this now.

Neil posted this on FSM:

Virtually everything on this was provided to us by Fox. One reel was provided late to us which was discovered by the Kamen estate and shared with us. It had two cues which were on the previous release and one short alternate. Everything else came from Fox.

Karol

4 minutes ago, Norma's Corpse said:

I haven't even bothered with those expanded Mummy releases, and they were high on my want list, particularly the second one.

My friend keeps assuring me that Goldsmith's Mummy sounds perfect (as well as tries to get me interested in that score in the first place). Silvestri's Mummy sounded fine to me until the end, where the sound quality took a nosedive with the previously-unreleased finale cues. I suspect they were just poorly recorded. 

Shame, but there's not really anything in Goldsmith's Mummy that he didn't do better in King Solomon's Mines and The Wind and the Lion anyway. 

So, it seems like LLL keeps all the exciting stuff for BF. There are so many titles that were already mentioned, implied or announced to happen soon:

The Swarm

Innerspace

Harry Potter

Schindler's List

Superman

If that'd be the actual BF batch my wallet would start crying.

10 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Silvestri's Mummy sounded fine to me until the end, where the sound quality took a nosedive with the previously-unreleased finale cues. I suspect they were just poorly recorded. 

Yeah I'm afraid there's nothing they can do to fix that.

Karol

37 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Yeah I'm afraid there's nothing they can do to fix that.

#fakenews

There are London cues that sound bad as well and those are better on the available Decca ('Scorpion Shoes', whatever cue was 'Canyon Deluge'). A funny thing happened on the way to the mastering lab....

55 minutes ago, Norma's Corpse said:

They already did Innerspace a few years ago. Why would they do it again?

You know, they just released Die Hard for the third time... and people want Innerspace.

1 hour ago, Norma's Corpse said:

I haven't even bothered with those expanded Mummy releases, and they were high on my want list, particularly the second one.

I don't know the reason, but both releases are way below Intrada's usual quality standard. The thing is, the material was all there in good sound quality for the first one and they still made several artistic and technical blunders.

12 minutes ago, publicist said:

There are London cues that sound bad as well and those are better on the available Decca ('Scorpion Shoes', whatever cue was 'Canyon Deluge'). A funny thing happened on the way to the mastering lab....

Not only that. You can't tell me that there is no way to fix the static in Camel Race while the OST track sounds perfectly fine, being as detailed and crisp as the C&C track.

17 minutes ago, publicist said:

#fakenews

I was referring to the LA stuff.

Karol

Yes but in these discussions here and elsewhere the narrative always comes down to 'those LA cues, but what can you do?' and this is clearly wrong, as i pointed out. The LA cues feature the same anomalies as several London cues. Seems to be a transfer problem.

13 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

My exact question as well. I mean, I love Kamen, but...

If anything, I'm curious to see the track list. Most likely, they found better sources for the material that was only available in mono the first time around. Or maybe they included previously unreleased source music from the sequels on this release 😜

Probably just a complete recording of Beethoven's 9th symphony.

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

So, it seems like LLL keeps all the exciting stuff for BF. There are so many titles that were already mentioned, implied or announced to happen soon:

The Swarm

Innerspace

Harry Potter

Schindler's List

Superman

If that'd be the actual BF batch my wallet would start crying.

I'm surprised that, after their year for the books comment, they only released one title in August. You'd think they'd want to spread them to atract more buyers.

Speaking of sound quality, anyone knows what's wrong with The Shawshank Redemption?

The track "Rock Hammer" has a weird crackling sound buried deep into the left channel.

It's like a badly tuned radio is broadcasting a glitchy drum beat in the background.

It's quite annoying: I found it both in the OST and in LLL's limited edition.

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm surprised that, after their year for the books comment, they only released one title in August. You'd think they'd want to spread them to atract more buyers.

Innerspace? There's going to be a re-release of Goldsmith's Innerspace? How on Earth did I miss THIS? 

2 hours ago, jwalk713 said:

Innerspace? There's going to be a re-release of Goldsmith's Innerspace? How on Earth did I miss THIS? 

Let's say MV heavily implied that, when I asked him about the possibility of a re-release. Some interpreted that as a confirmation, but it is not official.

18 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I mean, MV quoted your inquiry and replied with a smiley face, so yeah I'd say it's definitely happening.

Yavar

"Something is happening".

"Ooh, they're gonna die".

"Shut up, Greg".

"Something is definitely happening".

So no more teasing before the reveal:

5 Black Friday Titles in all. Unlike previous years I will not be giving out specific information on them like number of units or retail prices. We'll be making the big announcement in a few weeks, Nov 23 starting at 12:01 am pst via our social media accounts and here on the fsm board.

MV

Karol