The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

This HP extravaganza made me giggle like an idiot for the past six hours.

Love this boxset, and it's so great that it has multiple booklets.

This is just me nitpicking, but… anyone felt slightly disappointed by the HP artwork?
Can't quite put my finger on it, but I expected something less similar to the OST releases.

10 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I expected more struzan. But since he did not make a poster for the third...is more consistent this way 

Yeah, I see your point. Still find it weird that HP2 and HP3 both have Harry Ron and Hermione in the cover,

and HP1 has a different (and way more interesting) one.

Plus, the Hogwarts image in the promo picture with all the cds looks different than the single HPSS cover art.

48 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

Well there are a few Barry Bond scores and Arnold Bond scores left to expand or finish.

Believe me they can top it. 😉

That wouldn't faze someone who happily avoids everything James Bond. 

57 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

And to think Varese came close to becoming Label of the Year!

50 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

Well we haven’t seen what Intrada has in store for their finale. 😉

Right, that might put Varese in the lead again... ;)

Well this is an insanely exciting Black Friday batch! 

I can't believe the HP set! I wonder if the Children's Suite HWW actually had that bombastic ending recorded during the 2001 recording sessions or if it's the same end as the End Credits. Wait, it's shorter, so maybe it is a different ending!

Wow, and I wasn't expecting any 60s Williams either! AND more Arnold Bond? It's like my wish came true!

26 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

The other labels are somewhat running out of time to top this. I certainly wouldn't expect another Varese batch.

There were some late pre-Christmas batches in the past.

Karol

For anyone wondering about order direct from LLL vs ordering from a 3rd party retailer, MV posted this:

Been wanting to ask this for a while... on the DAY of the announcement, will the online retailers - moviemusic, SAE, etc. - already have them in stock and ready to accept orders, or will it be a week or two before they get them? 
Thanks! :)

No, I doubt we will have any in stock ready to ship. Also, I will not be offering them to anyone outside our website until we know how many we need for our direct customers. 

So if you want any of these titles before the holidays your best and only bet is to order them directly through us. We will only have so many in stock and will not be able to get more in stock until the new year.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=20&threadID=118900&archive=0

Just asking once more here to be sure:

Would any trustworthy regulars with an EU address where mail packages aren't sat on for weeks if not stolen be OK with getting two HP sets and sending one to me? We'd talk the material side over.

7 hours ago, scallenger said:

Still the second-best for me. Nothing can top me lazily checking at around midnight in 2016 to see what the Black Friday releases were, refreshing the page as they were revealed, and then suddenly Jurassic Park appeared. COMPLETE surprise is why I think it can never top that experience, unlike this one that we had suspected for a while. Plus, I was so excited about Jurassic Park that I freaked out for a good 10 minutes before realizing it ALSO had Lost World... then REALLY lost it, haha.

This!

I only read about the Jurassic Park Collection two days later, when I casually checked the news on JWFan. I just saw the cover, spotted the two movie titles and "complete scores" and then I lost it.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:54 AM, scallenger said:

Still the second-best for me. Nothing can top me lazily checking at around midnight in 2016 to see what the Black Friday releases were, refreshing the page as they were revealed, and then suddenly Jurassic Park appeared. COMPLETE surprise is why I think it can never top that experience, unlike this one that we had suspected for a while. Plus, I was so excited about Jurassic Park that I freaked out for a good 10 minutes before realizing it ALSO had Lost World... then REALLY lost it, haha.

Yeah that was a HUGE and wonderful surprise. One of my most prized score releases ever!

Nothing tops when I first laid eyes on the Star Wars Trilogy Anthology box in the early 90s. You guys get excited for these computerized announcements. My fondest memories were actually seeing these CDs in stores, not knowing what music was or wasn't on there. Finding Raiders, E.T., Jaws, Jurassic Park and the like.

5 hours ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Nothing tops when I first laid eyes on the Star Wars Trilogy Anthology box in the early 90s. You guys get excited for these computerized announcements. My fondest memories were actually seeing these CDs in stores, not knowing what music was or wasn't on there. Finding Raiders, E.T., Jaws, Jurassic Park and the like.

I saw it for the first time at a music store called Specs. Didn’t even know the set existed. This was one one of those places that had a sound bar you could try out and listen to the CDs. I went right to Empire and was floored. My parents are SUPER frugal and that was an expensive set back then, but they came up after giving me some time and go “we can’t leave without this can we?”

bliss. 

I don't think it's been predictable - plus, the catch is that the sale has always been on in-stock items only (for instance, if LLL doesn't have any Harry Potter in stock and the next batch is supposed to come in October, and the sale runs only in September, you wouldn't be able to use the sale).

The best deal was the gift card thing - then you pretty much can use a sale at your leisure on whatever release you want.  Hopefully they do that again.  I'd take them up on it.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

The best deal was the gift card thing - then you pretty much can use a sale at your leisure on whatever release you want.  Hopefully they do that again.  I'd take them up on it.

The best thing is to buy the gift card at a sale and then to use is at a sale. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We hope all of you had the happiest of Holidays! With the New Year approaching we thought it was the perfect time to reflect on La-La Land Record's CLASS OF 2018 with our annual poster!

2019 is starting off with some amazing projects -- a cd release of Nathan Barr's great score to A HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS (EXPANDED), A 2 cd set of the ORVILLE, Michel Legrand's THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WIND and of course, our previously announced 3 disc set of SUPERMAN THE MOVIE, expanded and completely remastered. You WILL believe a Soundtrack can improve!

2019 is already shaping up to be another exciting year at the triple L!

Our offices open back up on Wednesday Jan 2, 2019. We will be addressing any and all emails, lost orders, damages and other comments starting then.

Have a safe and healthy New Year!

Image may contain: 8 people, indoor

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/photos/a.181243738754/10157235921988755/

Question and response from MV over at the FSM board regarding the monthly flyers... 

Tomorrow is the 1st January, Happy New Year to all!

Will there be a flyer for the month of January?

No flyer. After so many release date debacles in 2018 and shipping delays we have decided not to announce order dates until we know things are in stock/almost in stock and will be ready to ship within a respectable time frame. 

MV

I'm reading this as no flyers at all going forward?  If so that kind of stinks but I can see the reasoning why.  

He also had this to say regarding upcoming titles...

We were going with House with a Clock on its Walls for Jan 8, but since it wont be in stock then, we decided to push it to Jan 22 along with the Orville launch (which we hope to make)

Superman will be late feb... early March. 

Other Side of the Wind in Feb along with a 4 CD set of an awesome project. 

Paramount wants the Bumblebee soundtrack out with home video release. Most likely March

MV