The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Wouldn't it be funny if Disney couldn't even license their own music for games due to those pesky resuse fees, so they just have to use the OST music?

Anyway, what about Jurassic Park ///?

We'll see with the new Lego game next year! Wonder if they'll still use the SE for RotJ like in the TFA one, or the shiny new transfers!

On 7/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, Arpy said:

Anyway, what about Jurassic Park ///?

Good idea, but I think this release is gonna be a big boxset.

What if it's finally a proper release of Michael Kamen's Licence to Kill for the 30th anniversary?  Their Bond releases have both been Black Friday and both David Arnold, but Kamen's score would certainly be very exciting for me as a 500th release.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

What if it's finally a proper release of Michael Kamen's Licence to Kill for the 30th anniversary?  Their Bond releases have both been Black Friday and both David Arnold, but Kamen's score would certainly be very exciting for me as a 500th release.

Didn't MV say no Bond scores this year? I might be mixing franchises up.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Didn't MV say no Bond scores this year? I might be mixing franchises up.

They said there's nothing being worked on currently. But that was a couple of months ago?

Karol

Just now, crocodile said:

They said there's nothing being worked on currently. But that was a couple of months ago?

Probably not enough time for a complete release to come to fruition; those Bond scores are notoriously difficult to license due to various rights-holders.

55 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Probably not enough time for a complete release to come to fruition; those Bond scores are notoriously difficult to license due to various rights-holders.

It could have been sitting on the shelf due to slow approval.

19 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

I'm still waiting for the John Barry Bonds to get remastered and properly done up in a series of cozy releases.

No Bond score needs the specialty label treatment more than Kamen's.  Barry can wait.

We haven't heard anything about JFK for several years now... could that expansion have been swallowed up into a box set like the John Williams/Oliver Stone Collection? JFK, Nixon and BOTFJ in a six-disc set?

Only problem is that all 3 films belong to different studios, so it would be a nightmare to licence. Possibly limited commercial appeal as well, depending on the price.

In the same way that I don't understand the business side of LLL's decision to release the Harry Potter scores in one box instead of separately, I also wouldn't understand that.  When you have three surefire sellers (Williams expansions) in a business which has few surefire sellers anymore, why would you package them together in something that deters people from buying them (an expensive package) instead of separately. 

2 hours ago, Holko said:

OK, I just got inside info.

LLL is using this grand release number to rectify one of their greatest and most regrettable mistakes they made in the past. It's a beloved classic Williams score they "expanded" before, but nobody was satisfied with that atrocity.

It's

Hide contents

Empire of the Sun: 32nd Anniversary - now with the 3-second Cadillac of the Skies harp run-up Mide "madman" Matessino maliciously overlooked 5 years ago!

Who's Mide? Mike's less gifted brother?

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Outside of this forum.

Do you know how to ignore messages from certain people on JWFan? I don't find the button.