The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

1 minute ago, Faleel J.M. said:

I bet it's Star Wars, what else is huge enough?

LLL is doing blurays like King Cohen now... SW... LLL releases unaltered SW trilogy, isolated scores mixed by Neil Bulk. Confirmed.

It's funny to me that all the hype for this release is entirely made by forum speculation.  MV himself has said very little about it.

Just:

We are currently working on our "500th release" (in our minds). That should be out late June/July. It should be quite something

Then:

P.s without giving anything away, is the 500th LLL release still on the cards for July?

Yes and it's a huge one worthy of our 500th release. So excited about this

That's it!

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many film scores or group of film scores that fit that description

Where's the fun in not speculating?

Just now, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Yes! I can't wait to see the memes once we find out it's Rogue One. 

You're all wrong! It's obviously the scores to the Ewoks films!

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

You're right!  Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, The Force Awakens, Rogue One, The Last Jedi, Solo...why pin ourselves down to just one?

You forgot Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, & The Last Crusade ;) 

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Jerry or Danny?

Jerry Goldsmith and Leonard Rosenman.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Matrix Reloaded is great!

It's Jurassic Shark, shocking statements is his middle name.

Are there any other franchises that are split up under multiple labels with rights?  Too bad they couldn't combine forces on BTTF and release a nice box set similar to HP & POTA.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:22 PM, ATXHusker said:

Are there any other franchises that are split up under multiple labels with rights?  Too bad they couldn't combine forces on BTTF and release a nice box set similar to HP & POTA.

Harry Potter - 1 through 5 shared between Warner Music and Warner pictures, 6-8 Warner Pictures only

Back to the Future - 1 & 2 MCA Records & Universal Pictures, 3 Varese & Universal Pictures

Robocop - 1 UMG, 2 & 3 Varese

Jurassic Park - 1-3 UMG & Universal Pictures, 4-5 Universal Pictures only

James Bond - I am no expert but I am sure lots of entities have their hands in the pie

Die Hard - 1 Fox (Disney) only, 2 Varese & Fox (Disney), 3 UMG & Fox (Disney), 4and5.... dunno, who cares :p

5 minutes ago, Faleel J.M. said:

It's Jurassic Shark, shocking statements is his middle name.

LOL, what's so shocking about that? I like the first one a lot, both score and film, and don't care much for the sequels.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Harry Potter - 1 through 5 shared between Warner Music and Warner pictures, 6-8 Warner Pictures only

Back to the Future - 1 & 2 MCA Records & Universal Pictures, 3 Varese & Universal Pictures

Die Hard.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Jurassic Park - 1-3 UMG & Universal Pictures, 4-5 Universal Pictures only

James Bond - I am no except but I am sure lots of entities have their hands in the pie

Sorry, I meant rights split by the boutique labels (LLL, Varese, Intrada, etc.)?

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

LLL_500_releases-final-01.jpg

Anybody else see what I see on the lowest full row?!?!?!

Oh Elfman's Mission: Impossible is on there as well. The Adventures of Batman & Robin. Anything else?

Karol

I just noticed that, too - third full row up, center left!  I'll buy that!  Notice the cover only says Danny Elfman, which means we won't see the rejected score along with it, most likely.  Long shot, anyway.

Didn't notice anything else.  Did count that I own 140/500, or 28% of all LLL releases.

12 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I just noticed that, too - third full row up, center left!  I'll buy that!  Notice the cover only says Danny Elfman, which means we won't see the rejected score along with it, most likely.  Long shot, anyway.

Didn't notice anything else.  Did count that I own 140/500, or 28% of all LLL releases.

POTA set is my 97th release from their catalogue.

Karol

MV from FSM board...  My toughts exactly on FTETTM!  

We never said we are doing From the Earth to the Moon. Would like to some day. All you guys build yourself up in a fervor over nothing. That's why we didn't say anything about this in advance. I simply said it's a big release for us and it's our 500th title. It's the first time Varese has partnered up with a label like us AND it's the ultimate simian franchise...and if you know me I got mad monkey love! 

To be honest with you, we picked this date not because of Apollo 11. It never even occurred to us. We picked it because we usually have something cool around Comic Con week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The July 16th date was purely coincidental and quite humorous if you ask me.

As for doing more stuff with Varese we shall see. The whole Disney deal may make that very difficult with the Fox titles.

MV

PS FTETTM was a wonderful mini series, but jeez guys -- it ain't worthy of a 500th release!

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

Most boutique labels don't have any perpetuity rights, most of the cases it is Varese that does, like all the ones I mentioned in my post

Varese is certainly the biggie. The only other two I can think of are Silva Screen (off the top of my head, Supergirl and Legend, per other label heads) and GNP Crescendo (they got all their Trek releases aside from the scores on the the multi-show compilations, in perpetuity...plus Mission: Impossible which LLL also had to license some cues from them on).

Yavar

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Sabrina on the bottom row is also not released/announced yet

Once again I got excited, wrong Sabrina. 

18 hours ago, Jay said:

LLL_500_releases-final-01.jpg

Anybody else see what I see on the lowest full row?!?!?!

I'm missing something here. Which release are you referring to?

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Maybe Varese and LLL can team up for a definitive Matrix Trilogy boxset next.

Varese released an expanded Matrix in 2008, and LLL expanded both sequels as 2CD sets. What's left to make a definitive set? Is the first score incomplete?

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'm missing something here. Which release are you referring to?

The Advenures of Batman and Robin

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Varese released an expanded Matrix in 2008, and LLL expanded both sequels as 2CD sets. What's left to make a definitive set? Is the first score incomplete?

The Varese DE of The Matrix is nowhere close to being complete