The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

On 6/14/2019 at 2:09 PM, Jay said:

Stargate is still set for a fall release.  No new details

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/06/stargate-remastered-movie-soundtrack-fall/

On 8/25/2019 at 2:31 PM, NL197 said:

Neil S. Bulk has revealed that the previously mentioned "Stargate" expanded album is being assembled at this very moment. 

https://twitter.com/nsbulk/status/1163941768787742720?s=20

Follow him for updates, but so far he's said it's going to be a 2-disc set released in a few months (possible Black Friday release?)

and David Arnold said it sounds terrific. Neil also said that August 20, 1994 was the first day of recording the score. 

East Coasters & #Halloween vacationers - we'll be at Sleepy Hollow International Film Festival with our recently released #PlanetOfTheApes soundtrack box set, all set for the East Coast Premiere of the acclaimed POTA doc MAKING APES on 10/12 ! Tickets available starting 9/20 at www.TarryTownMusicHall.com

It's rare MV, Matt & Mike Matessino are all together on the East Coast, so come say "Hi" and check out MAKING APES, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (with John Waxman, Alexia Baum & Mike Matessino Q&A), F13TH THE FINAL CHAPTER with Harry Manfredini in the house, and all the other awesomeness the fest has in store!

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10157968235848755

http://visitsleepyhollow.com/sleepy-hollow-international-film-festival/

https://tickets.tarrytownmusichall.org/eventperformances.asp?evt=2316

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Everyone who's going should ask MM about Hook, Hook, and, if they have time, Hook.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. LLL apparently only had 2 titles survive Sony's ban, so it would be a miracle if Hook was one of them.

32 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. LLL apparently only had 2 titles survive Sony's ban, so it would be a miracle if Hook was one of them.

I thought the feeling around here was that Hook could well have been one of the two that made it through.

MV himself said the unreleased material they discovered in 2012 for the last expansion would probably never see the light of day. Whatever they found was clearly a licensing/rights nightmare.

Then to add the whole Sony third-party ban into the equation... it seems like an almost impossible task. :(

32 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It sounds like a crossover of Home Alone and Far and Away!

Kevin finds a time machine and goes to late 1890s to help Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman emigrate to America?

I would actually watch that, but Williams have to score it. Just imagine an Irish version of Somewhere in Your Memory...

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I don't even need the songs, I just want a proper film score expansion.

Hey, stop with that attitude! No compromises, either do it right or fuck off! Else we're back to the Concord or Deutsch days.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Hey, stop with that attitude! No compromises, either do it right or fuck off! Else we're back to the Concord or Deutsch days.

But we don't know the songs, so we can't miss them. We do know that glorious, glorious food insert!

16 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

He didn't say that at all, he just said 'maybe for another anniversary', right? I don't even need the songs, I just want a proper film score expansion.

Well, I think he finished off with a "never say never" type response, but it didn't fill me with hope. Granted, LLL have pulled some rabbits out of the hat over the years (the formerly lost Alien 3 masters especially), but even if Mike was allowed to fix the previous expansion he'd need to find the lost master tapes. Several tapes were missing back in 2012 and we've had little indication of them being found.

4 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Yes, but then again MM has never talked about that publicly yet. I'd like to believe that those missing tapes just remained missing because of DD's incompetence.

Surely DD wasn't that incompetent, that he didn't bother looking under the tapes labelled 'Hook film stems,' while the actual masters were sitting underneath for the last 7 years....

... oh.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Kevin finds a time machine and goes to late 1890s to help Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman emigrate to America?

I would actually watch that, but Williams have to score it. Just imagine an Irish version of Somewhere in Your Memory...

So can Stephen be played by Joe Pesci? He'd also need to be much more angry. And how will Mom fit in this story?

Elfman has written a ton of scores that deserve a nice specialty label expansion.  We don't seem to get his stuff as frequently as some other composes though, for whatever reason

33 minutes ago, Trent B said:

I wish Elfman's Spider-Man 1 and 2 would get cleared up for a complete release.

Yeah, along with the complete score of the never before (officially) released Chris Young's Spider-Man 3...

Oh, wait, Spidey 3 is from after 2005, which means an official release would be cost prohibitive, right?

The bootlegs will have to suffice for a while.

MV, as we are approaching close to Black Friday (almost 2 months), for me the most important day in the calendar, have you pencilled in the potential releases, subject to approvals of course!

Yes but not talking about them in advance any more. No hype. Nothing. Folks around here and other boards ruined the fun so the titles will just come out. Hope you guys like them.

MV

Seems the BF slate is nearly locked in. Considering we've have no Williams/Spielberg at all throughout the year, I'd guess they've just withheld them for BF. A bit surprised we didn't get something lowkey like Always a few months back. 

What's MV referring to with people 'ruining the fun'? Is that in relation to those people who complained that some obscure moon documentary score wasn't the 500th release? 

Multiple award winning HBO miniseries (with scores by some of Hollywood’s finest feature composers like Michael Kamen, James Newton Howard, Mark Isham, and Marc Shaiman) which was just reissued on Blu-ray and hi def From the Earth to the Moon is obscure??

Yavar