The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Well, how is it? ;)

For what I've heard (I only listened to some samples) the sound quality on the complete score music is great. The quality on the original soundtrack album music is a little less (it's the same as the Silva Screen/Edel release). Also some cues were edited differently for the original soundtrack album and the Silva Screen/Edel release.

Mine has already shipped too, but it'll take a little longer, since I live in Europe ... :sigh:

I also live in Europe so that doesn't neccecarily make any difference.

Mine has already shipped too, but it'll take a little longer, since I live in Europe ... ;)

I also live in Europe so that doesn't neccecarily make any difference.

Usually, it takes 2-3 weeks for the US orders to reach me. :P But I'll live, I got used to it since I don't have any other choice anyway. :)

Hey I ordered it via Screenarchives yesterday.. together with another CD.. do you know the exact release date via screen archives? it only says early august.

well they wont ship it until the order is complete

Hey I ordered it via Screenarchives yesterday.. together with another CD..

Why didn't you order from LaLaLand directly and they would've shipped it immediately? :blink: Oh, probably because of another CD.

Why didn't you order from LaLaLand directly and they would've shipped it immediately? :blink: Oh, probably because of another CD.

yes you got it.. and I dont want to be registered or be shopping by so many internet shops.. I tend to lose my overview

and I dont want to be registered or be shopping by so many internet shops.. I tend to lose my overview

I know exactly what you mean. :P Though I'm registered at quite a few internet shops already, I somehow still manage not to lose my overview ... :blink: Hopefully it stays that way. :)

Mine arrived this morning.....sound quality is better than I'd hoped, and the presentation is great....only quibble is the packaging wasn't that good, and as a result it arrived with the CD case shattered to pieces. :D

Mine arrived this morning.....sound quality is better than I'd hoped, and the presentation is great....only quibble is the packaging wasn't that good, and as a result it arrived with the CD case shattered to pieces. :D

Oh dear, Godzilla all over again.

Mine arrived this morning.....sound quality is better than I'd hoped, and the presentation is great....

Mine arrived this morning too. I haven't stopped playing it! It's a quality release all round. :D

:P MASTERS of ;) the UNIVERSE ;)

yes you got it.. and I dont want to be registered or be shopping by so many internet shops.. I tend to lose my overview

Screen Archives rocks. I love those guys. I ordered mine through them as well. I've never had any problems with them...at all.

Jamesyboy - patiently waiting for his copy as well...

Mine arrived this morning.....sound quality is better than I'd hoped, and the presentation is great....

Mine arrived this morning too. I haven't stopped playing it! It's a quality release all round. :blink:

Great, can't wait to receive my copy!

Greg1138, as long as the discs weren't damaged ... :P You can always buy a new CD box. :D

I received mine 2 days ago :) And indeed I got an autographed copy! :) Sound quality is very good and the product is very classy all around.

Greg1138, as long as the discs weren't damaged ... :ola: You can always buy a new CD box. :sleepy:

Yeah - not quite the point, but I know I can get another case ;)

I have never had damaged CD cases from other companies - packaging much better from companies such as Screen Archives or Varese....not a huge issue, just an unnecessary inconvenience....

Fortunately the discs and inserts weren't damaged - and as I said the product itself is superb ;)

Greg1138, as long as the discs weren't damaged ... :P You can always buy a new CD box. :)

Yeah - not quite the point, but I know I can get another case :)

I have never had damaged CD cases from other companies - packaging much better from companies such as Screen Archives or Varese....not a huge issue, just an unnecessary inconvenience....

Fortunately the discs and inserts weren't damaged - and as I said the product itself is superb ;)

My Outer Limits case arrived damaged from LLL and they sent me a whole new set! Totally unnecessary and I offered to send it back in the broken case, but they said I could keep it. :D

Yesterday, I FINALLY received my copy and it's PERFECT! :cool: Haven't yet had the time to read the liners though, will do it today.

And, like Greg1138, I will also have to get the new case, since the original one was smashed at the bottom and also the glue from the adhesive strip on top of the box didn't come off nicely, so now the whole box is sticky and will have to be replaced in any case. ;)

Other that that, it's really a perfect release, so :D to LaLaLand Records and the (re)release team.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 - 12:35 PM

By: La La Land Records (Member)

EXCUSE ME WHILE I WHIP THIS OUT. . .

La La Land Records is trying something a little new. We are making a pre-announcement of our product coming out next week so you will know whether or not you want to be in front of your computer when it is time to order your autographed copy(ies).

Next Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 12 pm PST La La Land Records will begin taking orders on the following cds:

EUREKA - MUSIC BY BEAR MCCREARY (autographed by composer) - Retail Price: $15.98

THE MESSENGERS - MUSIC BY JOSEPH LODUCA (autographed by composer) -- LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNITS -- Retail Price: $19.98

BLAZING SADDLES - MUSIC BY JOHN MORRIS (autographed by composer) -- LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS -- Retail Price: $19.98

We ARE NOT TAKING ANY PRE-ORDERS AT THIS TIME. Orders will begin next Tuesday, Aug 19 at 12 pm PST. Anyone that jumps the gun will not receive a free autograph copy.

As always, these autographs are limited to around 100 units and are available on a first come first serve basis. You are not guaranteed a copy. Once they are gone they are gone. We will post up online the second they are sold out.

More information to follow on these exciting releases next Tuesday, Aug 19 at 12 pm PST.

See y'all then!

MV Gerhard

La-La Land Records

I have to say, this is probably the most exciting announcement for me since the Blue Box!

Beat me to it. :lurk:

What the...special Lepetomane edition? What'll that gurn durn asshole think of next?...Anybody got an extra five? Somebody's got to go back and get a pooload of fives!

It's Mel Brooks, that's why!!!!!

"I didn't get a harumpf outta that guy!"

"Gentleman, affairs of state must take precedence over the affairs of state"

"It's HEDLEY! HEDLEY LaMarr"

Let the Blazing Saddles qoutes begin!

Olsen Johnson is right about Samuel Johnson being right about Van Johnson being right about Howard Johnson being right that this release is too cool!

While I'm glad older scores are being released, sometimes labels make me ask one question:

Why?

Why not?

This score has been on my wish list for quite some time.

While I'm glad older scores are being released, sometimes labels make me ask one question:

Why?

Why not?

I'm just not interested in it at all. I think there are many other, much more interesting, scores out there which deserve a release.

There's alot of stuff I don't care for either or have no interest in but I'm not going to object to it. I applaud the labels for releasing a wide range of music.

Judging by the reactions at various message boards, Blazing Saddles should be a good seller for LaLaLand.

Why?

Why not?

I'm just not interested in it at all. I think there are many other, much more interesting, scores out there which deserve a release.

I didn't get a harumpf outta this guy...

From the FSM Board:

AUTOGRAPHED COPIES OF BLAZING SADDLES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

If you ordered by 12:39 pm pst you will get an autographed copy (this includes paypal orders).

Order numbers: 11732 - 11866 get autographed copies of Blazing Saddles

Wow...I got in just in time, less than a dozen before the cut-off point.