The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Lala-Land are listing this as Sold Out! Let the e-Baying begin for the slow ones....

not quite. Its still available AT SAE, MovieMusic and Intrada. At least last time I checked...

Get it while you still can, definitely a great set. :thumbup:

Listen to Obi-Vosk you must - it's well worth shelling out for I think, even if you have either of the previous editions.

• 4 weeks later...

It hasn't been loaded on their main page yet but I thought I'd go ahead and post the link for those who do enjoy Jerry's music before all the grumps start giving their thumbs down.

http://store.lalalandrecords.com/notwimyda.html

The score is Not Without My Daughter.

Poppa Jerry just keeps giving and giving like it's Christmas all year round.

It's not a bad dramatic score, with some elements really taking advantage of Middle Eastern stereotypes, and I recall the ending having a very sweet cue.

I can't see this selling out very soon, though I might be wrong. Hopefully, it sticks around like Spaceballs: The 19th Anniversary Edition and Tango & Cash, because I have to wait until I get paid. Gotta pay to fix the air conditioner for Summer.

Never heard it. Any good?

Then, most people were relieved that 'Star Trek V', 'The Burbs' and 'Leviathan' somewhat signalled that Goldsmith had recovered from his darkest days ('Rent-a-Cop', 'Criminal Law', 'Warlock' etc.)...after 'Not without my Daughter', every hope was on the razor's edge again.

Never heard it. Any good?

Unless you are a true Goldsmith fan this is probably one the average person could pass on, unless you are missing some of his scores from that time period.

But as publicist mentioned, it's similar to scores like Warlock.

My girlfriend, always the attentive listener, surprised me with this CD today. I don't care if you were interested in this release or not; gentlemen, THAT is love.

(And so far, this is a really lovely score...)

• 4 weeks later...

Actually MV posted on LaLa Land that a release is coming tomorrow but not the 2-CD set that they've been boasting about. The announcement for that has been delayed because they're still dealing stuff legal wise for that release.

I'm sure ID4 and loads of other holy grails have been debunked by most labels.

And it won't be Spider-Man 3. I read over at Intrada that Sony won't give the rights to anyone else. Bastards.

Edit - Young has apparently made a 2cd complete promo because of that, and people have it...

ID4 has been shot down as well.

It's already been discussed in a thread on this message board.

Mark is correct. MV all ready shot down ID-4. He said because RCA still holds the rights for the score despite it being OOP. So until RCA gives up the rights to another label like LaLa Land, Intrada or Varese I doubt we'll ever see an expanded score for that unless RCA releases it themselves.

Batman: The Animated Series?

It is. Some complete episode scores mostly from season 1, with one or two from season 2. And you can quote me on that.

Great news. I really think Shirly Walker may have composed the best Batman music out of anyone.