The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I apologize for being behind the times..... but when exactly is Batman: The Animated Series being announced / coming out now?

If the release is going to be Batman, there are some final details that the "suits" are going over to make sure everything is ok.

So at this moment there isn't a set date.

Heh, it appears I was the first one to order Meteor, according to the info LaLaLand gave for those who got autographed copies. :unsure:

Goes to show the level of interest in it ;)

• 2 months later...

It hasn't been posted here yet. Well this is one I will skip. I've got to be choosy this year for limited CD releases this year, basically got to decide if I want it or not since I want to concentrate on paying some crap off this year.

I know there quite a few people who are going to be happy about this one. It's one that's not highly requested, but it's on people's wish lists.

Artwork and tracklist:

Presenting John Carpenter & Alan Howarth's (HALLOWEEN III, PRINCE OF DARKNESS, THEY LIVE) complete score to the legendary 1986 20th Century Fox cult actioner BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, starring Kurt Russell and directed by John Carpenter. Fully remastered and complete, for the first time anywhere, Carpenter & Howarth's music demonstrates a mastery of synth composition and performance with an iconic score that is inseparable from the action and fun of the film itself. Truly music to "shake the pillars of heaven!" CD includes a 20-Page booklet with exclusive, in-depth liner notes that include comments from the co-composers. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

DISC ONE

1. Prologue (2:15)

2. Pork Chop Express (Main Title) (4:01)

3. Abduction At Airport (4:17)

4. The Alley (Procession) (1:12)

5. The Alley (War) (2:31)

6. The Storms (2:42)

7. Tenement / White Tiger (3:49)

8. Here Come The Storms (4:15)

9. Wing Kong Exchange (4:40)

10. Lo Pan's Domain / Looking For A Girl (3:16)

11. Friends Of Yours? / Escape Iron Basis (7:18)

12. Escape From Wing Kong (5:38)

13. Hide (4:35)

Total Time Disc One: 50:44

DISC TWO

1. Call The Police (7:32)

2. Dragon Eyes (1:12)

3. Into The Spirit Path (7:05)

4. The Great Arcade (7:53)

5. The Final Escape (Lo Pan's Demise / Getaway) (7:02)

6. Goodbye Jack (3:14)

7. Big Trouble In Little China (End Credits - Album Version) (3:22)

Performed By The Coupe De Villes

BONUS TRACKS

8. Stingers Montage (5:24)

9. Big Trouble In Little China (Original Version) (3:01)

Performed By The Coupe De Villes

Total Time Disc Two: 45:45

Total Score Running Time: 96:29

11205.gif

• 3 months later...

Right, so, I'm sure you've seen this poster celebrating La La Land's 100th release on July 21st?

http://johndadlez.com/pix/LaLaLand_100_releases.jpg

That poster only shows 95 releases (#1-#94 and #98). But we already know two more releases - Mars Attacks Expanded by Danny Elfman (link) and 28 Weeks Later by John Murphy (link).

Well the Amazon listing for another release mentioned in that second FSM link lets the cat out of the bag: Battlestar Galactica Season 4 is the July 21st release that is their 100th release

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica...3611&sr=1-5

(2-CD set) La-La Land Records proudly presents its 100th soundtrack release, the 2-CD Set Battlestar Galactica: Season 4. Acclaimed Battlestar composer Bear McCreary pulls out all the musical stops with his sensational music score to the fourth and final season of the critically lauded Sci Fi Channel television series starring Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff. McCreary enriches and expands his glorious, one-of-a-kind mix of orchestra, vocals, rock, world-beats and synth. A sonic powerhouse that lives on beyond this beloved television show.

So, assuming Mars Attacks is #95 and 28 Weeks Later is #96, now we only don't know #97 and #99.... could they be Batman TAS Volume II and X-Files 4CD set?

MV from LLL has said that Mars Attacks is #96 and 28 Weeks Later is #97, and offered these clues as to what #s 95 and 99 are:

#95 is a limited editon of 3,000 units -- a title that has been requested more than once on this board.

#99 is a limited edition of 1,200 units. A title that may not have been oft requested but is certainly a . . . well, let's face it -- it's an intriguing release. LOL

MV

I'm still waiting for Akira Ifukube's Zatoichi scores that MV announced LaLaLand would be releasing back in 2007.

• 2 months later...

This could be fun (or not ;-))

ALLAN QUATERMAIN AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD: LIMITED EDITION

LLLCD 1099

Music by Michael Linn

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

NOW SHIPPING

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Presenting composer Michael Linn's (AMERICAN NINJA, BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO) score to the 1986 Cannon Film's action/adventure feature film ALLAN QUATERMAIN AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD, the sequel to KING SOLOMON'S MINES, starring Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone and James Earl Jones. Remastered from MGM vault elements, Linn's robust orchestral score compliments all the movie's adventure in high-flying fashion, occasionally working in Jerry Goldsmith's main theme from KING SOLOMON'S MINES. CD Booklet features exclusive, in-depth liner notes. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton. This is a limited edition pressing of 1200 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Train Delivery / Don't Fool With Quatermain* (1:48)

2. Quatermain Shows Off (1:53)

3. Quatermain Meets Swarmi / Dumont Dies (3:20)

4. The Ruse (2:53)

5. Jessie Fingered (2:07)

6. Umslopogaas (3:27)

7. Earthquake (2:57)

8. Quatermain Leaves Akawi (1:40)

9. Worms (1:12)

10. Love Scene (3:02)

11. Agon Wants Revenge (5:04)

12. Dumont's Gold City / Coda* (3:11)

* - Contains KING SOLOMON'S MINES Theme by Jerry Goldsmith

Total Time: 33:03

(BTW, do we have a thread for upcoming La La Land scores? Couldn't find one)

I remember the movie being worse than King Solomon's Mines and recycling some of Goldsmith's score from the first film.

But hey, if it can be released then a label might as well take a chance and do it.

Yeah, it is worse than the first one, and it tracks a lot of pieces from the Goldsmith score... But there's also this nostalgic feeling ;-)

According to Wikipedia:

"To cut costs, the movie score was just a reuse of the material composed by Jerry Goldsmith for the first movie, which caused confusion as to which movie of the two was being watched, and just half an hour of original music written by Michael Linn." ;)

According to Wikipedia:

"To cut costs, the movie score was just a reuse of the material composed by Jerry Goldsmith for the first movie, which caused confusion as to which movie of the two was being watched, and just half an hour of original music written by Michael Linn." ;)

That was before people became used to James Horner.

I can see getting this one for "nostalgic" purposes (like a good number of scores I have). Though I can't see it being better than the Goldsmith score for the first one in any way. But fun nonetheless! ;)

We'll listen to it on our next drive together, right Paleo? :D

• 1 month later...

On Sep 15, they are releasing 3 scores:

Next Tuesday, Sept 15 at NOON PST La La Land Records proudly presents 3 new soundtracks:

TAKING WOODSTOCK - music by Danny Elfman. $15.98

TRICK R TREAT - music by Douglas Pipes (Monster House). The first 100or so booklets will be autographed by the composer and the filmswriter/director Michael Dougherty. $15.98

CLIVE BARKER'S BOOKOF BLOOD (LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNITS)- music by Guy Farley. Thefirst 100 or so booklets will be autographed by the composer and thefilm's director, John Harrison. $19.98

As always with theautographed editions, they are on a first come first served basis. Wewill post up any SOLD OUT info on our website and here on this board assoon as the autographs sell out. Once they are sold out, they are gonefor good!

See you next Tuesday!

Best,

MV

http://filmscoremont...mID=1&archive=0

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I know money is tight and you need to pick and choose what to buy cd wise nowadays so I opted to jump the gun here slightly to let you know on Oct 6 we have 2 wonderful Limited Edition scores ready for order:

The first is GREEN LANTERN: FINAL FLIGHT (Limited Edition of 1500 units) - this wonderful score by Robert J. Kral (Superman Doomsday, Angel, Haunting in Connecticut) comes to you courtesy of Warner Bros Animation. As always, the first 100 or so units sold through our website will be signed by the composer at no extra charge. RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

The second title comes to you courtesy of Paramount. It's a two fer - two wonderful scores by the same composer. Both scores have never been released and will fill TWO HUGE HOLES in this composers vast catalog. It's pretty much a must buy for any soundtrack collector. The title will be limited to 3000 units. No autographs will be available. RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

As you all know, normally I don't tease, but today I am feeling rather sadistic so enjoy playing the guessing game. Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

See you back here on Oct 6, 2009 12 pm NOON PST.

MV

I want to know the second one!!!

Probably something from either Jerry Goldsmith, Elmer Bernstein or James Horner.

A must buy for any soundtrack collector though. Are there really big gaps in their filmographies that many score fans would love to have? Doesn't Goldsmith only have a few obscure more unknown scores that haven't been released?