The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Just seen that on the FSM board indeed! There would be a lot to choose from for a Williams release. I'd love to see The Towering Inferno or Jaws 2 get a reissue, to name just but a few that are sadly missing on my shelves.

Also Christmas Eve they'll be posting their January 3rd title. Also here's the list of composers they'll be releasing for for 2012.

WILLIAMS

MANFREDINI

ELFMAN

GOLDENTHAL

NEWMAN

TIOMKIN

HOWARD

GOLDSMITH

KAMEN

MANCINI

Yes, it is some of the names. I know two missing. Can't reveal, though.

Some guesses:

WILLIAMS: Jurassic Park 1

MANFREDINI: Obviously, the super mega monkey death boxset.

ELFMAN: Spider-Man 1 / possibly also Planet of the Apes

GOLDENTHAL: DUH

NEWMAN: David? Thomas? Randy? They're obscure newbie, Joey?

TIOMKIN

HOWARD: Unbreakable

GOLDSMITH: Any of these: Congo, The Shadow, The Ghost and the Darkness

KAMEN: Robin Hood / some rejected score

MANCINI

The complete Facebook posts:

2012 in a nutshell:

40+ releases planned (some of them will blow you away!)

Plan on releasing at least 1 Cool Box Set every Quarter

January -- Friday the 13th Release Party/Signing event Jan 13 and 14th. The first of several score releases/film showings we are planning for the year.

March -- we release our 200th CD (including cool checklist poster)

July -- COMIC CON, BABY! Planning some awesomeness here

October -- we celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary (maybe some kinda party/concert is in order?)

November -- damn, gotta come up with some uber cool Black Friday releases -- Oh wait, got some in mind. Oh yeah, baby!

And, most importantly:

More FB Posting about upcoming projects, specials, deals and all around coolness

starting X-Mas eve when we reveal our first release of 2012 coming out Jan 3

Join us then

as in year's prior I will drop some names of composers whose projects we will be releasing in 2012:

WILLIAMS

MANFREDINI

ELFMAN

GOLDENTHAL

NEWMAN

TIOMKIN

HOWARD

GOLDSMITH

KAMEN

MANCINI

That is all. :)

My ultimate Kamen grail remains Die Hard 3 but would be very happy with Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as well

For the Goldsmith, its funny how years ago we could through out seemingly a hundred titles that it could be, but now with all 4 labels combining to release what, probably 10 Goldsmiths a year for past 4 years or so, there's less and less all the time! My remaining Goldsmith grails are Air Force One, Star Trek First Contact and Star Trek The Motion Picture, and I don't think the chances of LLL getting any of those is that high.

Still hoping the Howard is Waterworld

WILLIAMS - Hook

ELFMAN . Planet of the Apes

GOLDENTHAL - Batman Forever

TIOMKIN - Fall of the Roman Empire

KAMEN - Robin Hood - Prince of Thives

I think these are pretty much certain/likely

My ultimate Kamen grail remains Die Hard 3 but would be very happy with Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as well

For the Goldsmith, its funny how years ago we could through out seemingly a hundred titles that it could be, but now with all 4 labels combining to release what, probably 10 Goldsmiths a year for past 4 years or so, there's less and less all the time! My remaining Goldsmith grails are Air Force One, Star Trek First Contact and Star Trek The Motion Picture, and I don't think the chances of LLL getting any of those is that high.

Still hoping the Howard is Waterworld

Those are my remaining Goldsmith grails to. I could see LLL doing the rest of the Star Trek feature films, minus Nemesis. Air Force One and Nemesis remain with Varèse in perpetuity. So chances of LLL (or Intrada) releasing complete scores for those two are slim to non. The others though are very possible.

WILLIAMS - Hook

ELFMAN . Planet of the Apes

GOLDENTHAL - Batman Forever

TIOMKIN - Fall of the Roman Empire

KAMEN - Robin Hood - Prince of Thives

I think these are pretty much certain/likely

Ya I think that might be accurate. We all know that Batman Forever is coming, so that would make sense for the Goldenthal title.

If a complete release for Robin Hood does happen I'd buy it.

I wonder if LLL has any head way of clearing up the rights issues regarding Twister.

Edit: Another remaining Goldsmith grail of mine is The Mummy. I could see Intrada releasing a complete release for The Mummy since it's Universal and they got a great stance with Universal.

I wouldn't mind The Shadow or The Ghost and the Darkness by Goldsmith. I don't know how much score, if any, is missing from the latter, if they decided to pad the album length with African chants. If I wanted African chants, I'd listen to Graceland.

Just remember, once Hook comes out, we won't be able to wish for it to be released again (unless you feel they botch it up, which happens).

Gremlins, Goonies, and BTTF seemed so much more legendary when they were just fantasies. Now that they're on my iPod, I barely notice them.

Gremlins, Goonies, and BTTF seemed so much more legendary when they were just fantasies. Now that they're on my iPod, I barely notice them.

Agreed. All though I still listen to BTTF every now and then but ya it just seems like I barely notice them. I guess for those of us who grew up in the 80's most of our holy grails have been released. When EVENTUALLY all are released I don't know what else I'd buy.

"X-Mas Eve" - X-Men?

Didn't think of that before...but if LLL does release the complete score for Kamen's X-Men I'd get it.

WILLIAMS - HOOK for sure, or they got stuff like ALWAYS for cheap :sleepy:

ELFMAN - surely one of the Burtons

GOLDENTHAL - BATMAN FOREVER (already known)

NEWMAN - who knows?

TIOMKIN - a stereo LAND OF THE PHAROH's!!!

HOWARD - OUTBREAK or WATERWORLD, the first one may be a Varése license problem

GOLDSMITH - it's gonna be GHOST AND THE DARKNESS, latter-day STAR TREK (both Paramount) or some hugely disposable like BAD GIRL

KAMEN - i'm hoping for DIE HARD 3, the only interesting DH score or ROBIN HOOD, no big other chances they would take with this composer

MANCINI - ahhh, the riches! HATARI, MOLLY MAGUIRES, GREAT RACE, BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S, the list goes ever on

WILLIAMS - HOOK for sure, or they got stuff like ALWAYS for cheap :sleepy:

ELFMAN - surely one of the Burtons

GOLDENTHAL - BATMAN FOREVER (already known)

NEWMAN - who knows?

TIOMKIN - a stereo LAND OF THE PHAROH's!!!

HOWARD - OUTBREAK or WATERWORLD, the first one may be a Varése license problem

GOLDSMITH - it's gonna be GHOST AND THE DARKNESS, latter-day STAR TREK (both Paramount) or some hugely disposable like BAD GIRL

KAMEN - i'm hoping for DIE HARD 3, the only interesting DH score or ROBIN HOOD, no big other chances they would take with this composer

MANCINI - ahhh, the riches! HATARI, MOLLY MAGUIRES, GREAT RACE, BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S, the list goes ever on

They already did BAD GIRLS this year. Pay attention!

Just remember, once Hook comes out, we won't be able to wish for it to be released again (unless you feel they botch it up, which happens).

Gimme a break. I'd rather have them than not.

I listen to all three of those regularly. Good music + Nostalgia = Perfect for me.

I like Robin Hood showing up in with many comments. :D

This thread is getting very amusing. We have no basis for most of the guesses so far...

The 'blow you away' thing could be either scores that have known legal/licensing/elements issues (i.e. maybe they slipped something in Sony's drink) or that they're 'sacred' titles that are horrendously overdue an expansion (i.e. Jurassic).

The 7.1 rip of Jurassic was a tantalising glimpse of what could be (like the clean version of 'The History Lesson' - I never thought I'd hear that in any form without overwhelming jungle sounds). There are so many little cues left off the album that just feel like they should be there now - Storm Approaching, System Ready and the Montana section. I would be amazed if either LLL or Intrada weren't working on this.

In any case, I'm excited :)

Also, we know the first is FRIDAY THE 13TH.

Great, I can't wait for this, I've wanted these scores for a long time! But how can you be so sure? :blink:

Other than that, I would of course absolutely love Hook (on at least 3 CDs! :D), but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Wyatt Earp, Heat and Robin Hood! bowdown

Other than that, I would of course absolutely love Hook (on at least 3 CDs! :D),

At least 3? Would it please you to hear that I have a copy of the Hook soundtrack that covers 17 CDs?

Or you would you question my sanity for burning the OST at one track per CD-R?

Ah, thats too bad. I watched the TNG episode 'Frame of Mind' last night and I was hoping that episode would make it to a set. I forget who did the episode but it was definitely a very creepy score to fit the episode perfectly.

Great, I can't wait for this, I've wanted these scores for a long time! But how can you be so sure? :blink:

Other than that, I would of course absolutely love Hook (on at least 3 CDs! :D), but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Wyatt Earp, Heat and Robin Hood! bowdown

MV had all ready made a posting a while back about the Friday The 13th box set. It's coming.

Regarding Hook, it would NOT need 3 Discs as a lot of us have been saying before. The complete score would fit onto 2-CDs. It would be a tight fit but that is all it would need.

I suggest you bookmark this site:

http://en.wikipedia....Upcoming_titles

For example, you can go there and see that I have Friday The 13th Box Set listed. You can then click the reference link ( [36] ) to be taken to the original FSM post where MV announced it that contains all the information there is to know about it

CD3 can be the never-before-heard music JW wrote for Spielberg's Hook musical.

Is there any proof that music was ever recorded? If it wasn't they wouldn't include it.

How about combining items and having...

A HOOK Box Set!?!?

Magic 8 ball says "Wishful Thinking"

Nah just a little joking around.

I haven't been very verbal about my wishes for upcoming releases, I guess I just like to see what comes out and hope there's something I find interesting. But Hook is definitely one I would love to see on The List one day. If not, I'm sure there's a reason..it's not like they don't know we want it! Ha

MV had all ready made a posting a while back about the Friday The 13th box set. It's coming.

Did he maybe also say which movies will be represented in this box set? All of 'em?!