The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Previous La-La Land 3CD sets such as Breakdown and Human Target were priced at $24.98, which is cheaper than some of their 2CD sets such as The Fugitive or First Knight which were $30. So I don't see what the problem is.

Would you have preferred they released an incomplete release? Because you were just complaining that Intrada's Toy Story 3 is incomplete... so which is it?

Well you know this is going to be $30 minimum, which is still a decent price for a 3-disc set.

I'm not saying anything about the release, just that I'm not a huge fan of the score. I was expecting something "bigger" for this set. Isn't it #200?

Well you know this is going to be $30 minimum, which is still a decent price for a 3-disc set.

$30 MINIMUM? Where are you getting that? As I said, their 2 previous 3CD sets, Breakdown and Human Target, were $24.98.

I'm not saying anything about the release, just that I'm not a huge fan of the score. I was expecting something "bigger" for this set. Isn't it #200?

MV never said this set would be big. All he ever said about it was that it was a 3CD set. Their 200th title doesn't come out until February 28th. And incidentally, he never claimed that was big either. He just said it was their 200th.

---

BTW, ozman just confirmed confirmed on Facebook that the guy in the helmet is MV Gerhard

Ok... bearded looking guy is a certain producer of a certain soundtrack label... but that's the last hint that I'm going to give. ;)

So that means the avatar is only a clue for POTA, and we have no idea what the 90s romantic score or possible other title is.

MV never officially said anything about Hook. it's all just message board speculation. I'm sure, if they are working on it, it will be done when it's ready, and not a moment sooner or later.

$30 MINIMUM? Where are you getting that? As I said, their 2 previous 3CD sets, Breakdown and Human Target, were $24.98.

It's an educated guess, calm down. It's Elfman. It's Warner Bros. It's a more recent score.

I suppose it could be $29.99 like The Golden Child or Space: Above and Beyond. But I highly doubt it will be more than $30.

I'm more curious was the "lush" and "beautiful" 90's romantic score they are releasing is. Hmmm.

MV gave all the hints in the world concerning Hook. And even after being aware of all the speculation about a posible release, he still keeps teasing about Hook. If Hook is not one of their next releases, then it's just tasteless teasing

MV gave all the hints in the world concerning Hook. And even after being aware of all the speculation about a posible release, he still keeps teasing about Hook. If Hook is not one of their next releases, then it's just tasteless teasing

MV said things that people interpreted to be about Hook when they may never have been.

About title 200, were there any special scores written/released in 2000?

There are special scores released in every year.

Even the last one about a magical place far away or whatever...even if it's not Hook, I'm pretty sure MV is aware it could be interpreted that way. I won't even mention the whole thing about the 20th anniversary of the movie. He's been teasing about Hook for years now

Even the last one about a magical place far away or whatever...even if it's not Hook, I'm pretty sure MV is aware it could be interpreted that way. I won't even mention the whole thing about the 20th anniversary of the movie. He's been teasing about Hook for years now

The comment about Hook's 20th anniversary is the only comment he's made that was directly in response to something about Hook. Anything else was just interpreted to be about Hook by fans without any confirmation he meant it that way.

It seems the Far Off Place he was referring to on Facebook last week was the Planet of the Apes.

EDIT: A little ways back I compiled everything MV has every said that was Hook related and posted it here.

The comment about Hook's 20th anniversary is the only comment he's made that was directly in response to something about Hook. Anything else was just interpreted to be about Hook by fans without any confirmation he meant it that way.

Still, there have been numerous hints that any reasonable person might link to Hook. He clearly knows about the speculation, he knows that giving hints like something about a "far off magical land" is only stirring the pot...I think we have reason to be angry if Hook isn't in the works.

That's not to say it isn't in the works, I still truly believe it will be one of the February releases.

I suppose it could be $29.99 like The Golden Child or Space: Above and Beyond. But I highly doubt it will be more than $30.

I'm more curious was the "lush" and "beautiful" 90's romantic score they are releasing is. Hmmm.

Sabrina? :D

MV's avatar has not changed. It's identical to the one I uploaded to imageshack on the previous page.

The cone hat is from the POTA movie:

10812833804116.jpg

I understand what you are saying. I am telling you his avatar is EXACTLY the same today as it was yesterday. Nothing has changed. It only looks red because its shrunk down. Yesterday it looked the same. The imageshack mirror of his avatar I made yesterday that is on the previous page of this thread is the proof.

I zoomed in on the avatar version and it might actually be colored red, which the large version is clearly not. But either way, the avatar hasn't changed between yesterday and today.

Just wondering, why would they choose to release Elfman's POTA? It already had the expanded treatment barely a year ago, and there are much more deserving elfman scores waiting for an expansion.

You know, MV's avatar, is black and white, and that cone is slightly red... almost like black and white films where they just color certain parts of the image a certain color.......hmmmm....would Schindlers List merit expansion? it was released in 1993....

ozman has basically confirmed it is an avatar for POTA only. Also, MV has repeatedly said he still doesn't know if 1198 will be done by the 14th or not, so there's no way he'd have that be part of the avatar. The only one he could have included in the avatar with POTA was 1199, the 90's "lush and beautiful" romantic score, two words which doesn't describe schindler's. It's already known that 1193 = 3 disc set = POTA so the 93 part of the catalog number means nothing, and most LLL catalog numbers do.

Agreed.

BTW, it should be noted that either 1198, 1191, or 1200 is Tiomkin's The Fall of the Roman Empire. Remember MV's quote from September:

Just to clear the air:

The Fall cd we currently have coming out will be limited to 2500 units and contains the original LP program remastered from the original tapes housed at Sony. Sadly, the complete score is nowhere to be found, but we did manage to put a few "bonus tracks" on this release. Notes are by Jeff Bond and art will be by Jim Titus. Its expected to be out 1st quarter 2012, as part of our countdown to our 200th release. It sounds awesome!

As a Tiomkin fan I cannot wait to get this new recording. I hear its magnificent. . .and complete! A must BUY!

MV

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=83064

LLL facebook page:

"We are going to be working with composer Kevin Kliesch, putting out an album of his awesome music for "Thundercats" this fall. Be sure to 'like' his Facebook page; he'll soon be asking for input from the fans as to what music should be on the album!"

That will make Konstantinos happy!

no. not at all Jason! :(

the thing i was longing for, is the music of the 80s cartoon series! Not the new one.

and i can't understand why noone releases it since the masters exist.

there are already comments in lalaland's facebook of people who would like the music of the old seriers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=348zqysXylA