The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

Yes, I just saw that too.

Strange! Maybe they deleted the post because it started being swamped by comments of people who were asking of the old Thundercats score? there were already a couple yesterday..

From LLL's Facebook page:

Coming Next Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 1 pm PST

PLANET OF THE APES – 3 DISC SET

MUSIC BY DANNY ELFMAN

LLLCD 1193

LIMITED EDITION OF 3500 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

REISSUE PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN

SCORE RESTORATION BY MIKE MATESSINO

EDITED AND MASTERED BY DANIEL HERSCH AT d2 MASTERING

LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with 20th Century Fox and Sony Music, are delighted to announce the 3 disc edition of Danny Elfman’s score to Tim Burton’s 2001 blockbuster film PLANET OF THE APES.

For this edition, we aren't monkeying around -- Featuring over 212 minutes of music, this comprehensive set contains the film score, source cues and alternates on discs one and two and the 2001 Soundtrack Album on disc three, featuring RULE THE PLANET REMIX by Paul Oakenfold. Jam packed with detailed liner notes by our favorite human, Jeff Bond, and featuring stunning art direction by Jim Titus, this limited edition release is a must buy for fans of Mr. Elfman.

Next up:

A WALK IN THE CLOUDS

MUSIC BY MAURICE JARRE

LLLCD 1199

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN AND MIKE MATESSINO

MIXED AND MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO

LINER NOTES BY JULIE KIRGO

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

For this Valentine’s Day, La-La Land and 20th Century Fox get their romance on by releasing an expanded version for the Golden Globe award winning score to A WALK IN THE CLOUDS.

Maurice Jarre fashioned one of his most beautiful and powerful scores to the 1995 hit film starring Keanu Reeves and Anthony Quinn. The Alfonso Arau directed romantic tale is set against the vineyard back drop of a post WWII Napa Valley where a soldier falls in love with an unwed, pregnant Mexican-American woman. The lush, almost fairy tale visuals of cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki provide the perfect images for Jarre to compose music that speaks to the heart. Filled with sweeping, colorful themes, this newly expanded edition clocks in at 72 minutes, doubling the running time of previous releases. Julie Kirgo takes the listeners behind the scenes of the film and its music while Dan Goldwasser’s art direction shows off just how beautiful the film looks.

Both cds go on sale next Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 1 pm PST atwww.lalalandrecords.com

Sound clips, track listings and cover art will be posted then.

What better way to say BE MINE than by picking up the music of Apes and Keanu for a loved one?

I'm hooked on this score.

I knew it! It is another clever hint that Hook is coming soon!!! :woop:

$20 for a 3-CD set? That definitely is a nice price. I wonder what the 3rd disc is... perhaps Disc 1 and 2 is the complete score with Disc 3 being the OST and alternates?

$20 for a 3-CD set? That definitely is a nice price. I wonder what the 3rd disc is... perhaps Disc 1 and 2 is the complete score with Disc 3 being the OST and alternates?

MV's blurb already said exactly what is on each disc.

this comprehensive set contains the film score, source cues and alternates on discs one and two and the 2001 Soundtrack Album on disc three

So now LLL has posted (on Facebook) a link to buy the "Hook" Blu-Ray on Amazon.

Maybe just toying with all the people who posted "I can't believe it's not Hook" comments on their Planet of the Apes/Walk in the Clouds announcement.

ok, planet of the apes is 3 cds..

Breakdown was 3 cds..

IF Hook is a 2 cd, well... no comment.... :eh:

LLL is bound by some strange contract stuff with Sony. It's not that they are desperate to release 3 CD's of stuff like POTA.

MV sure is loving playing with everyone on the Hook thing. I approve.

Apes is slightly tempting. Never been a huge Elfman fan but I've been getting more and more into Batman recently.

Both of his Batman scores are really awesome. Check out his recent Cirque De Soleil CD called "Iris" as well

PS: since yesterday, LLL's facebook page innocously advertises HOOK's blu-ray release.

Cruel tease or shape of things to come?

Both I think.

Has MV ever announced something ahead of schedule? (Aside from other people leaking titles and him going "Yeah, we're doing that")

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I know he's joking, it's just a question.

I think there were a few times; because stuff was leaked and he confirmed it, so that's a sort of "announcement", and I think there was a batch of two announced early for various reasons (holidays or some such). I don't really recall now.

I see people are still obsessing way too much over when/if Hook will be released. Patience, we'll get it eventually.

What recent posts qualify as over obsession? It all seems like perfectly reasonable speculation to me.

I am prepared. When the announcing of Hook is coming another journey is going to an end.

I just hope they release that damn thing complete and with alternates. At least 3 CD's.

Wonder too what posts qualify as over obsession?

I hope they release the songs recorded for the musical.

Were there any recorded before Spielberg scrapped the whole idea of the musical? I always thought that only the melodies of some of the songs survived as themes in the score if not counting We Don't Wanna Grow Up and When You're Alone, only songs making it into the film.