The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The Mechanic gets a lot of love. Anyone here a fan? I'm not too familiar with Fielding.

Shush Hedji, I was keeping quiet because I missed out on the Intrada CD and am keen to bag a copy this time round. Fielding is definitely an acquired taste but I really enjoy the few scores I have by him. If you are looking for hummable themes, steer clear, but if not...

:ph34r:

...it's superb. Gritty 70s film music at its best.

Hook is coming.

Alright, kiddies -- we here at the triple L need a HUGE FAVOR from you. . .

With all your heart we need you to say, "I do believe in fairies. I do! I do!"

With any luck, tomorrow, Feb 21, 2012 -- day 1,106 -- will finally mark the end of our grand adventure . . .

LLL must've deleted the original post and made a new one, because currently it reads "February 22nd" not "21st."

Yea, it was a typo. And unlike a message board, you can't edit your post, so he had to delete and repost.

MEDIC! We've got a heart attack in progress over here! Man down!!!!

Seriously though I'm excited this is finally coming out. I hope they do get final approval tomorrow. Cross your fingers ladies and gents.

I'm expecting several heart attacks over this. ;) People have been clamoring for this for a long time.

Hook used to be one of my favorites but I don't think nearly as much of it as I used to. Still, i'm very happy to see it getting released and will gladly pick a copy up. I was hoping MV would string this one out a bit more. :lick:

I do, I do believe in fairies!

Hook is my number one Holy Grail and I am looking forward to this like Christmas x 10.

I am so glad I saved my money on LLL's 200th release batch. ;)

Day 1106 is 3 years, 11 days ago. Long project.

That probably explains why they've been hinting at it for so long. LLL, I absolve you of all sins.

indy4 - who hasn't listened to Hook since July 2010, and is ready to end the fast

I'm expecting several heart attacks over this. ;) People have been clamoring for this for a long time.

Hook used to be one of my favorites but I don't think nearly as much of it as I used to. Still, i'm very happy to see it getting released and will gladly pick a copy up. I was hoping MV would string this one out a bit more. :lick:

Thou art most cruel.... :P

Frankly, after the announcement of La La Land's 3 new releases, I just gave up on the Hook release....glad to be proved wrong!

I'd like to see a release for Dracula too, great score! But Hook is a huge holy grail for me...and its been the longest time since I've listened to that score!

I am sure Dracula will come out in the near future since it is about time it got a proper release with good soundquality. And no this is not hinting, this is just good plain optimism at work. I love that score and would love to hear it in complete form as well.

I wonder how many copies Hook will be? I am expecting that this sells out in a heartbeat and I intend to beat that beat.

I can't wait to order the expanded release of James Newton Howard's Peter Pan! ;)

:lol: Oh man that would be a kick in the gut.

I wonder how many copies Hook will be? I am expecting that this sells out in a heartbeat and I intend to beat that beat.

I'm thinking 5000-10000, Mark says 3500-5000. So 5000 is probably a good bet. The only bad thing about LaLa is they've never done an unlimited film score release (think their McCreary Galacticas are unlimited but not sure), so they'll be some cap on it. And it will go quickly.

If anything LLL seems to underestimate demand. I don't think they've ever released a title with more than 5000 units, and as a result a lot of people miss out sometimes (Poseidon Adventure and 1941 are two that come to mind that sold out really quickly).

Ya, I find it highly unlikely that the score will be released tomorrow (or rather today). Its probably just the official announcement. Its not like La La Land to give such little notice before their release, so I think we have some time before we need to panic :D

I'm thinking 5000-10000, Mark says 3500-5000. So 5000 is probably a good bet. The only bad thing about LaLa is they've never done an unlimited film score release (think their McCreary Galacticas are unlimited but not sure), so they'll be some cap on it. And it will go quickly.

I am hoping for at least 5000 since it might last for a few hours more than 3500. Hook seems quite universally popular.

I am hoping for at least 5000 since it might last for a few hours more than 3500. Hook seems quite universally popular.

Then Hook should be 10000. :)

I think it will be My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. It definitely should get a magical fairystory 10 CD release.

It's Zbigniew Preisner's Fairy Tale: A True Story expanded!

j/k

No, I think it's pretty clear now. I guess they mean that they will hope to get the definitive approval on everything today, so I don't expect it will be put on sale soon. But I suspect they will pre-announce it earlier than usual so people will be prepared and stop asking when it will be out.

But I suspect they will pre-announce it earlier than usual so people will be prepared and stop asking when it will be out.

Yup. Enough games. Clear and definite answers are in order.

will finally mark the end of our grand adventure . . .

So it is "Finding Neverland"...

Nope

It ain't Hook. Get over it.

Ever the cynic eh? It is terrible what these dark and stormy days do to the children.

It's Zbigniew Preisner's Fairy Tale: A True Story expanded!

j/k

No, I think it's pretty clear now. I guess they mean that they will hope to get the definitive approval on everything today, so I don't expect it will be put on sale soon. But I suspect they will pre-announce it earlier than usual so people will be prepared and stop asking when it will be out.

I don't think the "with any luck" means they're still looking for approval, I think it's just playing along with the "you guys have to say I believe in fairies" in order for Hook to come true. And I'd say the "end of a grand adventure" means they will be completely done with Hook as of tomorrow, and probably ready to sell within a week.

I can't wait to hear the story of this release. Anything that takes 3 years to produce must have some interesting tales to tell.

What I meant is that they're just waiting for the definitive "Go!" from Sony, Amblin, Williams' reps etc. to announce the title. I guess this is a huge project in terms of agreements, licenses, etc. hence the label must have the final round of approvals from all the parties involved.

I do not expect this being put on sale next week however. I hope I'm wrong of course :)

MV definitely likes teasing us... I wonder if this was a case of all 4 releases being ready, but they purposefully left Hook out of yesterday's announcement to screw with us :P

As 'unenthusiastic' as I've been so far about an expansion (I think the OST rocks), I can't imagine not buying this... his most thematically rich and swashbuckling score of the 90s.

La-La Land has released LOTS of unlimited releases. See the list here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La-La_Land_Records