The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

MV has a new avatar which I presume is for one of the titles he'll be pre-announcing on Tuesday (shipping NEXT Tuesday):

1801u.gif

Theozman has put a larger version on his Facebook page:

53345539812872022209711.jpg

Source: http://www.facebook....112035492164756

Thoughts? I like Mark Olivarez's reply:

Well I can get 4 movies out of that, Mommy Dearest - Henry Mancini, So I married An Axe Murderer - Bruce Broughton, The Omen - Goldsmith and Rosemary's Baby.

Rosemary's Baby is clearly one of the titles being hinted at:

Rosemarys+Baby+poster.jpg

Well I can get 4 movies out of that, Mommy Dearest - Henry Mancini, So I married An Axe Murderer - Bruce Broughton, The Omen - Goldsmith and Rosemary's Baby.

I wish.

With the wire hanger THAT prominent, it has to be Mommie Dearest.

Unless you know some other movie that made a line like "NO WIRE HANGERRRRRRRRRRRS!" infamous.

Aha! And MV did promise some Mancini was coming, right?

You know what else is coming up soon? Mother's day :)

OMG! I hope it is Mommie Dearest! And yeah, that wire hanger IS pretty damn prominent. And she yields an axe just like that when she cuts down the rose bushes! And it looks like her hair! LOL. And yet... the demon baby doesn't make sense for Mommie Dearest. Perhaps it is a clue for more than one of the upcoming releases? Have they ever done that with just one avatar before?

And... if it IS Mommie Dearest (which has never had a release, I don't think), I really hope they were able to unearth the unused "Rose Bush Cutting" music. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I had heard that that memorable scene was originally scored with a tense almost horror-like cue, but it got dropped due to them thinking the scene played too "over the top" with it. However... lol... that scene was over the top no matter what they did... LOL

Yes, MVs avatars have been for multiple titles combined before, which this one clearly is.

We'll find out for sure on Tuesday!

What better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than with a psychotic wire hanger hating Mommie and Satan’s Baby Momma?

Coming next Tuesday May 8, 2012 at 1 pm pst:

MOMMIE DEAREST

Music by Henry Mancini

LLLCD 1209

Limited Edition of 2000 units

Retail Price: $19.98

Executive Album Producer: Dan Goldwasser

Mastering by Mike Matessino

Liner Notes by Jeff Bond

Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures present the world premiere release of Henry Mancini’s score to the cult classic MOMMIE DEAREST. This 51 minute presentation features the score as heard in the film, cues cut from the film, source cues and alternate tracks. With it’s grand sweeping themes and lush melodies that only Mancini can dish up this is a must buy Mother’s Day gift for all you Mother’s and “mutha’s” out there. ;) Jeff Bond’s notes capture all the behind scenes antics of this Razzie Award winning classic! The movie might be one of those “it’s so bad it’s GOOD!” flicks but the one thing that is undeniably great is Mr. Mancini’s incredible score!

Continuing with our Mother’s Day theme. . .

ROSEMARY’S BABY

Music by Christopher Komeda

LLLCD 1210

Limited Edition of 3000 units

Executive Album Producers: Lukas Kendall, MV Gerhard, and Matt Verboys

Associate Album Reissue Producer: Neil S. Bulk

Mastering by Doug Schwartz, Mulholland Music

Liner Notes by Scott Bettencourt and John Takis

Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

This definitive presentation of the Rosemary’s Baby score comes to you courtesy of La-La Land Records, Paramount Pictures and Universal Music Enterprises. Jam-packed with over 70 minutes of music this fantastic cd features the original soundtrack album, the film score, source music and a few bonus tracks. Neil Bulk and Chris Malone have performed miracles with their brilliant audio restoration of the film’s original mono tracks. In depth liners by Scott Bettencourt and John Takis take the listener behind the scenes of the film and the chilling score by one of cinema’s most underrated composers.

Source:

d58ca9ce36a5e305b8c7592f9926a4df

Yay, more Takis notes!

A nice associate producer credit for Neil as well

Glad to see Lukas Kendall making releases happen for other labels

...cues cut from the film, source cues and alternate tracks...

YES! That was what I wanted to hear! Seems like a pretty good chance they found that unused "rose bush cutting" horror-esque cue then! LOL. I can't wait! It'll be fun to try and sync it up to the film!

LOL. Day one purchase. Hope it won't sell out too fast, may not be able to order it til later that night (since there are only 2,000 of this one). ;)

Ha! Sorry to double post, but lookie what we got here? I don't know how I missed this video (then again it's only been up for less than a year), but below actually IS the rose bush cutting sequence with the original music! Apparently this is only viewable on the VHS version (and it's how it was shown theatrically). The person who put it up claims it wasn't on the DVD version due to the music being damaged for the release (let's hope he is either wrong or that there was another source for the LLL release!). Anyway, I had never seen this before, and while it isn't quite the "horror" music I was hyped up into believing, it's a fun little bit of music, and I love especially how it leads into the now classic one-liner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7w6vBVqLMc

Lukas Kendall popped in to the FSM thread about these titles to say this:

Rosemary's Baby is the be-all and end-all release: we have the first-ever stereo album release from the actual master tape (as opposed to the old Tsunami) for the re-recording, and the mono OST is now complete, including those cues left off the previous bootlegs (which I suspect originated with a tape from Mrs. Komeda in Poland). We even have the B-side of the 45rpm single, although we had to use a vinyl source for that. So please take it from Dr. Sapirstein: you will be very happy.

Here's some fun trivia: that crazy trumpet performance ("What Have You Done?")...the player was none other than Don Ellis!

Lukas

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=88631

I might not be able to order it instantly, but it definitely is on my radar. This score could use some decent album, finally.

Karol

Mommy Dearest was on TV last night and so I watched for a bit to hear some of Mancini's score, it's got some really beautiful moments. I'll definitely be ordering it!

Love that they chose the cover art that was on the original DVD release of Mommie Dearest (I assume this was the theatrical poster art as well), even though if they chose the art on the newer DVD it would have been equally fun (if a bit more creepy).

150full.jpg

Hahaha. Nightmares ensue.

I really can't wait to read the liner notes on this one, especially on the cues that were removed. I am pretty sure the track titled "Battle Axe" is the cue for when she cuts down the rose bushes that I was talking about. I don't think they put the "unused" asterisk next to it though since it originally WAS used but not located for the DVD remasters. Perhaps now in the next release they can put it back in thanks to LaLaLand?

Next Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 1 PM PST La-La Land Records is releasing 3 new titles – 2 recent video games scores and 1 classic score by John Williams

STARHAWK

MUSIC BY CHRISTOPHER LENNERTZ

LLLCD 1212

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY KEITH LEARY AND MATT LEVINE

MIXED AND EDITED BY JOEL YARGER, MARC SENASAC, ANTHONY CARUSO, JONATHAN MAYER

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Following up our great successes of Socom 4 and Uncharted 3, comes another fantastic video game score produced by SCEA and LLL Records – STARHAWK. This action packed sci fi western score is sure to get your adrenaline pumped and your fingers itching to get your game on. Chris Lennertz channels Jerry Goldsmith in this epic score recorded with the Skywalker Ranch Symphony. 16 page booklet design by Dan Goldwasser highlights some of the games stunning graphics. Notes by composer Chris Lennertz and the score’s producer take you behind the scenes of this thrilling score.

The first 100 cds purchased directly though the La-La Land website will be signed by Christopher Lennertz at no extra charge. Quantities are limited.

SORCERY

MUSIC BY MARK MANCINA

LLLCD 1213

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY KEITH LEARY AND PETE SCATURRO

MIXED AND EDITED BY BY DAN MONTI

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Composer Mark Mancina’s latest opus for the video game SORCERY can best be described as if MOLL FLANDERS married TWISTER – a beautiful Celtic tinged score at times with an underlying pulse pounding adventure score at its heart. Its 60 minutes of some of the best music we have ever released. 12 page booklet by Dan Goldwasser shows off the games behind the scenes artwork while composer Mancina and score producer Scaturro shed some insight on the game and the music that was created for it.

Last but not least. . .

JANE EYRE

MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS

LLLCD 1214

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

REISSUE PRODUCED BY LUKAS KENDALL

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULLHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY JEFF ELDRIDGE

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La La Land Records and Capitol Records are proud to reissue one of John Williams greatest scores, JANE EYRE, from the 1971 film starring George C Scott and Susannah York. For this CD reissue engineer Doug Schwartz worked from the ¼” 2 track stereo album masters from the Capitol EMI vault. The stunning 24 page booklet by Jim Titus features in depth liner notes by Williams historian Jeff Eldridge as well as reprints the notes from the original LP package. Sadly the complete recorded score has been lost to the ages and all that has survived is the LP masters. The tracks are identical to previous releases, but the sound has been greatly improved and Jim’s packaging is worth the price alone! While not the “definitive edition” we had hoped for, this release sure packs a wallop! If you never owned this score now is the time to pick it up!

All three titles go on sale next Tuesday at 1 pm at www.lalalandrecords.com and other fine online stores.

Too bad about jane Eyre. I don't know what's missing but an expanded version would have be very welcome at my home.

I'll see if the sound improvement is worth an update.

I've heard it, but most of it isn't my thing.

I love the main theme and the 'Restoration' theme, but most of the rest of the score leaves me a bit cold.

Shame we can't buy individual tracks - I'd love to have those in better sound.

Based on a comment by MV on FSM, LLL will be releasing Jerry Goldsmith's WARNING SHOT soon.

Coming later this month from Vocalion, the British CD outfit=

Double album of Si Zentner: "From Russia With Love," featuring assorted TV and movie themes of the late 50's, early 60's, with "Warning Shot," a six-movement suite from Jerry Goldsmith's score for that film, along with a sampling of his other TV movie themes, and, for good measure, don't ask me why, the classic movie-pop song, "Mona Lisa."

Available now for pre-order at Amazon.

(The label also offers a number of Geoff Love movie tune anthologies, including "Big War Movie," which was the only way I could hear Rozsa's "Green Berets" theme -- until Lukas Kendall was born.)

You might wanna hold off on buying this Warning Shot.

I'm just sayin' wink.gif

MV

Always include the source link to stuff like this! Here's a better cleaned up version of the quote as well:

Coming later this month from Vocalion, the British CD outfit:

Double album of Si Zentner: "From Russia With Love," featuring assorted TV and movie themes of the late 50's, early 60's, with "Warning Shot," a six-movement suite from Jerry Goldsmith's score for that film, along with a sampling of his other TV movie themes, and, for good measure, don't ask me why, the classic movie-pop song, "Mona Lisa."

Available now for pre-order at Amazon.

(The label also offers a number of Geoff Love movie tune anthologies, including "Big War Movie," which was the only way I could hear Rozsa's "Green Berets" theme -- until Lukas Kendall was born.)

You might wanna hold off on buying this Warning Shot.

I'm just sayin'

MV

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=88994&forumID=1&archive=0

Wow!

More of a heads up - June 5 -- A Jerrytatstic day! :)

Our version includes Si's LP licensed from Capitol as well as tracks from the film licensed from Paramount.

MV

Same source

So I guess LLL is releasing Warning Shot the same day as... their crowning achievement title? :)

Maybe this will help:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SBHKAW/

------

More Warning Shot info:

This is what is on ours:

Tracks 1-16 are from the film. . .

Tracks 17 - 27 are from the album. . .

SI ZENTNER Plays Music From the Original Motion Picture Score

of Warning Shot And Other Themes Composed by Jerry Goldsmith

17. Warning Shot 1:49

18. The Gasser 2:47

19. Messed Up 2:17

20. Back to the Seascape 2:35

21. Miss Alice 1:54

22. Cornering the Suspect 1:54

23. Von Ryan March (From Von Ryan’s Express) 3:15

24. Mona Lisa (From Warning Shot) 2:03

25. Theme From The Prize 2:21

26. A Patch of Blue 2:43

27. Theme From The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 2:23

Total Time: 26:35

Same source

-----

Woah! Looks like MV will be pre-announcing the June 5th, "To Boldy Go", "Crowning Achievement", LLLCD1207, they wanted it to be #200 but it got delayed, they licensed it from Sony in 2008, title tomorrow:

All will be answered tomorrow. . .

And in the comments:

If this is about the meaning of life, the answer is 42 guys.

Actually its 1207. ;)

Source:

213f75f56b768951ee465f103ecca861

There's not mystery, everything is signed up and ready to go, and he's REALLY excited.

He probably can't contain himself, especially considering it's his "crowning achievement", and 3 years in the making.

But will it just be announcing the title, which we all unofficially know, or something more? It goes against LLL's m.o. to pre-release more then just a title but, I'd love to get a little more; like the number of disc or (dreaming here) a tracklist!

If people think hard enough they should be able to realize the reason for the early announcement.

In the FSM thread about Star Trek TMP, MV said this about the upcoming comic con titles:

Hope you have the same response to the Comic Con titles we have coming this summer (2 of the 4 are good to go thus far...fingers crossed on the other 2)

MV

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) MAY 22, 2012

Available for order at

www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), MAY 22, 2012

“JANE EYRE: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 22

“STARHAWK: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Christopher Lennertz

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 22

“SORCERY: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Mark Mancina

NEW RELEASE SPECIAL!

Order “STARHAWK: LIMITED EDITION” AT LALALANDRECORDS.COM

AND GET “SORCERY: LIMITED EDITION” AT A SPECIAL

SALE PRICE OF $14.98 (REG. $19.98)

GOING OUT OF PRINT 6/30/12

GET THESE TITLES BEFORE THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD!

PANIC IN YEAR ZERO: (LESS THAN 150 UNITS) SALE PRICE $4.98

THE DARK CRYSTAL: 25th ANNIVERSARY EDITION: $9.98

FARSCAPE: PEACEKEEPER WARS: (LESS THAN 30 UNITS): $4.98

EXTREME PREDJUDICE: (LESS THAN 50 UNITS): $9.98

JANE EYRE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1214

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

ORDER “JANE EYRE: LIMITED EDITION” on May 22nd (1pm PST) atwww.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 22nd

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Jane-Eyre-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Capitol Records presents a remastered re-issue of acclaimed composer John Williams’ (WAR HORSE, SCHINDLER’S LIST, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, STAR WARS, JAWS) original score to the 1971 feature film period drama JANE EYRE, starring George C. Scott and Susannah York, and directed by Delbert Mann. Considered by many to be one of Williams’ finest scores, this re-issue was remastered by Doug Schwartz from the ¼’’ 2 track stereo album masters housed in the Capitol/EMI vaults. Sadly, the complete, recorded score has been lost to the ages, but this re-issue sounds better-than-ever and features stunning art design by Jim Titus and exclusive, in-depth liner notes by Williams historian Jeff Eldridge (the original LP liners are included as well). Produced by Lukas Kendall, this special re-issue is limited to 2000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1 Love Theme from Jane Eyre 3:15

2 Overture (Main Title) 3:55

3 Lowood 2:25

4 To Thornfield 1:51

5 Festivity at Thornfield 2:08

6 Grace Poole and Mason’s Arrival 3:00

7 Meeting 3:07

8 Thwarted Wedding 2:37

9 Across the Moors 2:37

10 Restoration 3:56

11 Reunion (End Title) 4:22

Total Album Time: 33:42

ORDER “STARHAWK: LIMITED EDITION” on May 22nd (1pm PST) atwww.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 22nd

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

starhawk-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and SCEA present the original score to the new hit videogame STARHAWK, from the creators of WARHAWK. Acclaimed film and videogame composer Christopher Lennertz (HORRIBLE BOSSES, HOP, GUN vg, JAMES BOND 007: FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE vg) creates an otherworldly, adrenaline-pumping musical soundscape for this bold new futuristic 3rd person shooter where the player can change the battlefield instantly, in the heat of combat, as factions fight across the frontiers of space over the universe’s most precious resource – Rift Energy. Lennertz’s thrilling STARHAWK music score is an adventure in itself. This special CD release is limited to 3000 Units. STARHAWK, the videogame, is in stores everywhere on May 8, 2012.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Homeworld 2:21

2. Rifter Pride 2:12

3. The Outcast 2:11

4. Prologue 2:09

5. A Tale of Two Brothers 1:19

6. Work Site Raid 2:00

7. Fight the Good Fight 1:54

8. Into the Fray 1:04

9. Defend the Hangar 2:28

10. Hawk Battle 2:48

11. Scrappin’ Time 2:05

12. Come and Get It 1:10

13. The Pipeline 2:12

14. Down to the Wire 1:12

15. Abandoned Settlement 1:36

16. Battle at Ballard’s Crossing 2:10

17. Orbital Defense 2:03

18. Bring ‘em Home 1:39

19. Train Robbery 1:50

20. The Source 2:28

21. Road to White Sands 2:16

22. Homeworld Under Siege 2:15

23. Fleet Battle 2:00

24. Heroism 2:30

25. The Crash Site 2:10

26. The Rift 2:42

27. Outcast Warrior 1:34

28. Emmett’s Theme 2:08

Total Album Time: 57:07

SORCERY: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1213

Music by Mark Mancina

ORDER “SORCERY: LIMITED EDITION” on May 22nd (1pm PST) atwww.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING MAY 22nd

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

sorcery-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and SCEA present the original score to the new videogame SORCERY. Renowned film composer Mark Mancina (SHOOTER, SPEED, TWISTER, BAD BOYS) brings his cinematic musical muscle to this exciting, fantasy-based, dungeon-crawling game in which the player is a powerful sorcerer’s apprentice who must master the Magick of the Faerun in order to drive back the Nightmare Queen, who has broken an age-old contract with mankind. Mancina fashions a powerful, imaginative musical score that whisks the listener into the game’s fantastic world and beyond. This special CD release is limited to 3000 Units. SORCERY, the videogame, is in stores everywhere on May 22, 2012.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Sorcery 2:34

2. Blue Skies over Ordale 2:19

3. The Mothertree 3:14

4. The Nightmare Queen 2:35

5. Undead Soldiers 1:49

6. The Island of Lochbarrow 2:19

7. Big Key Big Door 1:49

8. Keymaster Battle 3:25

9. Trouble Is Brewing 2:10

10. Dash Is Defeated 2:12

11. Bogey Village 3:26

12. Magic Doors 1:05

13. Between Worlds 0:53

14. Bogeys Attack Ordale 2:29

15. Spell Nexus 0:38

16. The Endless Stair 2:28

17. Elf Assassin 0:42

18. Shadow Stalkers 1:17

19. Forest Guardian 1:34

20. Faerie Forest 2:15

21. Seven Wanderers 1:50

22. Sylphs and Spiders 2:13

23. Slumbering Palace 1:42

24. Finn to the Rescue 2:38

25. The Banshee’s Lair 2:50

26. Ice Shaman Battle 3:16

27. Finn Battles the Nightmare Queen 2:31

28. Setting Things Right 1:12

Total Album Time: 60:05

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Source: http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?SNHX--DalS-gkivq7

It's summer now and things here at the Triple "L" always seem to get a bit nutty.

Our release schedule is all over the place for the next few months so let me try and lay it out to you as clearly as possible:

Today, May 22 at 1 pm we have 3 titles coming out:

Starhawk by Chris Lennertz

Sorcery by Mark Mancina

Jane Eyre by John Williams

June begins our JERRY-TASTIC month!

June 5, 2012

Star Trek The Motion Picture

Warning Shot

June 19, 2012

We will continue our love of Mr. Goldsmith and have at least 1 if not 2 Jerry titles out on this day.

July is gonna be quite something. . .

Our regularly scheduled release date of July 3 will not be happening. We will be too busy getting everything ready for Comic Con the following week.

At Comic Con, July 11 we will debut our next batch of releases. What they all will be is unknown at this time. Two titles are for sure going to make the cut -- still waiting on artwork approval on 2 more titles.

July 19, 2012 - We will put our Comic Con Titles up for sale on our website (yes I know its a Thursday). We are NOT doing it on Tuesday the 17th because we need some time to get things back together after returning from the Con

July 31, 2012 - we resume our regular release schedule with 1,2 or 3 titles (depending on approvals and back logs)

Aug 8 to Aug 12 - VEGAS BABY! Matt and I are getting our "geek on" and will be in Vegas for the Star Trek Convention.

Aug 14, 2012 - more kick ass releases

Aug 28, 2012 - more kick ass releases

And so on and so forth. . .

Source: http://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10150992410578755

Wow, great that there are up to 2 more Goldsmith titles next month in addition to ST TMP! For some reason, I am hoping to have an expanded version of LEGEND. While the OST was a very good representation, it was missing some cues, and some of the boots had a couple pretty interesting alternates, including a very different alternate of the "faerie dance".

LEGEND is more than sufficiently covered. I guess they either churn out DENNIS THE MENACE (FOREVER YOUNG, the other Big Screen Records release came out last year) and maybe another second-tier like CONGO.

Or we aren't lucky and it's another triple dipper like FREUD or COMA.

Dennis The Menace is a Goldsmith score? I never knew that, despite the fact I saw the film YEARS ago.

It seems La-La Land is trying to be the top label of the year again. So far they're doing a bang up job of it. :)

You'll be happy to know we will continue our efforts in getting more Golden Age scores out there. Sales of the 2 Tiomkin titles and The Robe helped in this decision.

MV

To MV/La La Land, I'm very happy to read that you will continue with some more golden age scores. They don't write scores like them anymore. Perhaps the best sellers would be epics, westerns, adventure etc.

Could you issue some cds by Max Steiner and Victor Young?

I was lucky enough in 1972 to find the LP of A Certain Smile. Now 40 years later I have your cds and continue to enjoy the music. A really beautiful score.

Thanks MV!

There is a Young coming, but for the most part, my ear for Golden Age music tends to skew more toward Tiomkin, Waxman and, of course, Herrmann (sadly I don't think I will ever be able to release a Herrmann score).

Newman and Steiner are hit and miss for me and Rozsa has been done to death (unless something like the complete El Cid surfaces inside some lost vault).

If by some miracle the Webb, Skinner and Salter horror music ever surfaced I would MURDER to get my hands on those scores.

MV

Source: http://filmscoremont...81678&forumID=1

Hopefully out of the 2 Goldsmith releases coming on June 19. It'll be either The Burbs ( I missed out on the VC), The Shadow, The River Wild, or Congo. I doubt it though. Dennis the Menace would also be cool.

Hopefully somewhere down the line on that schedule there'll be a Silvestri release. The Bodyguard, Blown Away or Judge Dredd would suffice.