The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I've already got one buyer lined up for my left kidney to raise the funds for the TOS box. I do hope they release nothing else good that I want, or I may have to part with the right as well.

Coming next Tuesday, Oct 23 from LA-LA LAND RECORDS

WIZARDS

MUSIC BY ANDREW BELLING

LLLCD 1223

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN AND FORD A. THAXTON

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON AT DIGITAL OUTLAND

LINER NOTES BY RANDALL LARSON

ART DIRECTION BY MARK BANNING

Making its world premiere release in any form, La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox are proud to announce the release of Ralph Bakshi’s WIZARDS. Back in 1977, two similar, but very different films were coming out from Fox – “WIZARD WARS” and a little film known as “STAR WARS”. As a favor to Lucas, Bakshi dropped the “WARS” part from his title and released his animated epic a few months before Lucas’ now classic space opera. This animated cult classic has since gone on to fascinate and entertain all those who have watched this truly unique film. One of the greatest contributions to this film, is the amazing score by Andrew Belling. Lyrical, experimental, jazz and rock n’ roll infused music permeate the politically charged fantasy film about two dueling Wizards and the fascist take over of this magical realm.

This world premiere soundtrack (PRESENTED in MONO) represents the primary components of the Wizards score as it was recorded. Some musical elements were not found – most significantly being the main title music (A delicate, synth-choral melody running 1:22 plays over the brief opening titles and regrettably was not used elsewhere in the score). Aside from that, the other missing tracks are mostly very brief transition cues running only a few seconds or, in a few cases, as much as a minute. However, several unused cues have survived and are included on this cd. All of the extent tracks have been carefully remastered by James Nelson of Digital Output with input from the composer. Liner notes by Randall Larson include exclusive quotes by filmmaker Ralph Bakshi and composer Andrew Belling. Gorgeous artwork by Mark Banning and the inclusion of the never before heard FULL VERSION of TIME WILL TELL performed by Susan Anton highlight this fantastic release!

This cd goes on sale Next TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2012 at 1 pm pst

See y’all next week!

Source:

8e102735af78f0df1c31358f24f8598d

On the latest FSM Online issue (available today) there's a new interview with James Newton Howard. It looks like La-La Land will release an expanded Wyatt Earp next March:

In addition, during Part 2 you’ll hear a preview of exclusive clips from La-La Land Records’ forthcoming expanded release of Wyatt Earp, due next March.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/fsmonline/story.cfm?maID=3847&issueID=94

Forgot to add that the first 100 or so units purchased through our website will receive a signed boooklet by Andrew Belling at no extra charge

MV

I could have sworn there was a dedicated thread for La-La Land's upcoming 4CD box set of Star Trek: Deep Space 9, however I was unable to find it if there was one. Anyway, the release has been delayed until 2013:

Just to clarify -- No "new" "older" Trek stuff until Nov of next year... that's why we are scrambling to get our TOS set out by year's end. Only "ST Into Darkness" merchandise in 2013.

This is very common in Hollywood. We had to delay releases like X2 and Planet of the Apes (Elfman) to make way for the newer films that were released recently.

As for DS9, its looking like we can release it very early January 2013 as long as we can get it all signed off on by the Holidays.

MV

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=92204&forumID=1&archive=0

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) October 23, 2012

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASE: Tues, 1pm (PST) Oct 23, 2012

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), Oct 23, 2012

“WIZARDS: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Andrew Belling

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 23, 2012

LA-LA LAND 10TH ANNIVERSARY SALE!

To celebrate our 10th year, we will be offering a different group of titles at a great sale price of $10 each on every new release day from now until the end of 2012!

Right now -- we are offering great prices on some amazing sci-fi/fantasy scores!

Get DRAGONSLAYER, VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, SOLARIS, “X” THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES and THE SENDER at a special sale price of only $10 each! Sale good thru 11/5

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

WIZARDS: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1223

Music by Andrew Belling

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING OCT 23th

ORDER “WIZARDS: LIMITED EDITION” starting Oct 23th at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composer Andrew Belling at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox present the world premiere release of composer Andrew Belling’s (STARCHASER) original motion picture score to the 1977 Twentieth Century Fox animated cult classic WIZARDS, written and directed by Ralph Bakshi. For this still-timely, post-apocalyptic fantasy regarding a pint-sized wizard who saves the universe from fascist mutants, Belling conjures a dynamic mix of synth and live players, creating a one-of-a-kind musical soundscape that inventively melds dramatic narrative scoring with experimental rock, jazz and electronics. Produced by Nick Redman and Ford A. Thaxton and meticulously mastered by James Nelson with input from Belling, this special limited release of 2000 Units includes the never-before-heard Full Version of the song “Time Will Tell” performed by Susan Anton. Exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer Randall Larson take you behind the scenes of this beloved gem and its remarkable score – and includes new comments from the composer and director.

NOTE: Some musical elements of WIZARDS were not found – most significantly the main title (a delicate synth-choral melody that runs over the brief opening titles). Additionally, some brief transition cues were also missing. However, the primary components of the score as it was recorded are all here, PRESENTED IN MONO, and featuring several unused cues that were found to have survived.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Time Will Tell (Full Version) 2:11

Vocal: Susan Anton

2. The Story Begins/Scortch 3000 Years Later/

Fairy Hookers/Peace Goes Forth/

Peace in the Valley of Montagar 7:03

3. War Against Peace/Weehawk Disturbs

the Peace/The Bubble Bursts 2:45

4. Jukebox Junky Blues 1:26

5. Blackwolf Finds the Record/War & Frog/

We Can't Lose 1:37

6. Moving Out 1:54

7. Battle & Peewhittle's Death 2:05

8. Now Begins Our Final Battle/

On the Road to Scortch 1:27

9. Fairy Attack 1:43

10. Fairy Drums/Jungle Drums/

Gargoyle Once a Day 1:42

11. Snow Drift/Snow Time/

Assassins in the Snow 2:22

12. Tanks Again & Betrayal/

Peace Isn't, Elinore Doesn't 1:20

13. To All Our Ships/Larry Gets Weehawk 0:52

14. The Elves Are Coming 1:30

15. Gathering of the Heavies/

The Charge of the Heavy Brigade/

The Battle Picks Up Tempo/The Punchup/

The Elves Lose 6:36

16. Weehawk Finds Elinore/Elinore's OK/

Blackwolf Bites It/Final History/Bye 3:29

17. Time Will Tell (Film Version) 2:00

Vocal: Susan Anton

Total Time: 42:42

Music published by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI)

LLLCD 1223

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Source: Email

Howdy, folks!

Next week we just one title coming out. It’s an out of this world project co-composed by one of of our great liner note writers, Brian Satterwhite

MAN ON A MISSION

MUSIC BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE AND JOHN CONSTANT

LLLCD 1235

LIMITED EDITION OF 500 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $15.98

PRODUCED BY BRIAN SATTERWHITE

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON AT DIGITAL OUTLAND

ART DIRECTION BY DAVID C. FEIN

MAN ON A MISSION is a behind-the-scenes journey with video game legend, Richard Garriott, in his quest to become the first second-generation astronaut, from making his fortune to spending it ($30 million!) to reach the International Space Station via Russian rocket. From secret training in Moscow, to a rumbling launch from Kazakhstan, to 12 glorious days onboard the ISS, the adventure is captivating. And for the first time ever, a camera is rolling in the capsule during the fiery return to earth. Owen Garriott, his astronaut father, is there to greet him, welcoming us all to the next generation of human space travel.

Satterwhite’s and Constant’s soaring score is the perfect companion to this fascinating documentary. Notes by the film’s composer and the filmmaker’s take the listener deep into the scoring experience as David Fein’s art direction shed some light on this in depth documentary score.

Sound clips and cover will be posted when the cd goes on sale Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 1 pm pst

Also on that day we will have TEN (10) different cds go on sale for just $10 each! It will be the last sale we do to celebrate our 10 year Anniversary as a label so make sure to take advantage of those insane deals!

See y’all back here on Nov 6 at 1 pm pst

https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151317138988755

Correct! Announced at some point on Friday, November 23rd (probably right at midnight), and go up for sale Tuesday December 4th at 1pm PST. So far we only know that one of them is the Star Trek TOS box, and there will be 2 or 3 others.

Wow, some GREAT TITLES on sale for $10 this week!!!!

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS NEW RELEASE: Tues, 1pm (PST) Nov 6, 2012

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com Tues, 1pm (PST), Nov 6, 2012

“MAN ON A MISSION: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Brian Satterwhite and John Constant

Limited Edition of 500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 9, 2012

LA-LA LAND 10TH ANNIVERSARY SALE!

To cap off our anniversary sale, we are offering ten great scores at only $10 each!

Get GREYSTOKE, JADE, CLUE, IT’S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, SOCOM 4, SPELLBINDER, THE GOLDEN CHILD, SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND, TRADING PLACES and TORA! TORA! TORA! at a special sale price of only $10 each! Sale good thru 12/3

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

MAN ON A MISSION: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1235

Music by Brian Satterwhite and John Constant

Limited Edition of 500 Units

STARTS SHIPPING NOV 9th

MOAM-Web.jpg

ORDER “MAN ON A MISSION: LIMITED EDITION” starting Nov 6th at 1pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com and get your CD autographed by composers Brian Satterwhile and John Constant at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are NOT guaranteed.

La-La Land Records presents the original motion picture score to the acclaimed personal-journey-into-outer-space feature-length documentary MAN ON A MISSION, directed by Mike Woolf. Composers Brian Satterwhite and John Constant musically chronicle the thrilling, real-life saga of Richard Garriot’s space odyssey, creating a dynamic score that captures the wonder and awe of outer space while simultaneously examining the triumph of the human spirit. Produced by Brian Satterwhite and mastered by James Nelson, this special limited edition release of 500 units contains liner notes from the composers and executive producer.

1. Building a Rocket* (2:52)

2. Near Sighted (:43)

3. First Game (2:49)

4. Unique Richard (2:15)

5. Space Adventures (3:54)

6. Centrifuge (2:58)

7. NASA Training (3:42)

8. Star City (1:50)

9. Hover on a Wish* (2:32)

10. Russian Space History (unused) (2:33)

11. Rough Rides Home (3:25)

12. I Am Radio (Space Version)* (3:59)

13. Final Exams (5:02)

14. Raising the Rocket • Stages (2:09)

15. Planting a Tree (:47)

16. Countdown to Launch (6:33)

17. To the Stars (1:27)

18. Blast Off Zero* (2:51)

19. Radio With Dad (:52)

20. Absolutely Finite (:42)

21. Space is Fun (:52)

22. Saying Goodbye • Re-Entry (4:25)

23. Astro Glo* (3:08)

24. MAN ON A MISSION Trailer (Bonus Track)* (2:03)

Total Running Time: 65:12

Music Composed and Produced by Brian Satterwhite Except

* Music Composed by John & Samantha Constant and Produced by Erik Wofford

© 2012 La-La Land Records. All rights reserved.

Ditto, I still need First Knight and will be getting SAAB (and The Golden Child). Wish I hadn't bought Jade and T!T!T! at higher prices, because I haven't even listened to them yet

You don't have FIRST KNIGHT but bought JADE?

:crymore:

First Knight has been $30 since it was released, very pricey. Jade on the other hand I looked up my order history, I got it for $10 on release day. I think they had a special if you bought it with the other black friday titles, and its $15 regularly.

I want LLL titles such as First Knight, Bad Girls, and Planet of the Apes but at this point I have to wait for price drops, especially with Christmas shopping coming up

From the LLL Facebook:

A lot of you have asked for it so here goes the breakdown for our BLACK FRIDAY titles:

Well, you all know about this one:

LLLCD 1701 - 15 CD BOX SET (Limited edition of 6000 units) - $224.98

The other 3 titles all have one thing in common: Crime doesn't pay!

LLLCD 1232 - 2 CD SET (Limited edition of 3000 units) - $24.98

LLLCD 1233 - 2 CD SET (Limited edition of 4000 units) - $29.98

LLLCD 1236 - 2 CD SET (Limited edition of 3500 units) - $24.98

All will be revealed November 23, 2012 at the stroke of midnight PST.

We will start taking orders on our website Dec 4, 2012 at 1 pm pst

Here's the source link: http://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords/posts/10151339424798755

I love that the ST TOS Box is catalog number 1701! :)

Obviously MV meant the midnight of Nov 22nd/23rd, not 23rd/24th.

I'm very, very excited for these to be revealed!

MV recently said somewhere that the Batman and Robin rights are still screwed up and a release will likely never happen :(

I do like these clues, though. So all three are related to crime, and all three are long enough scores to warrant 2-disc sets (I can't imagine they'd charge $25 for a single discer)

I know but Jeff Bond said the same thing about Star Trek TOS series. Like I said, just wishful thinking.

I might have substituted Supergirl if I knew who still had the rights.

Dick Tracy as well.

That's not what I mean. A lot of these movies they are fighting people with personal agendas (Iron Man 2) or aliens or something (Thor, The Avengers). Not always criminals.

Guesses off the top of my head.

Spider-man

Judge Dredd

Batman & Robin

Lethal Weapon

The Last Boy Scout

Last Action Hero

The next two movies a character actually says "crime doesn't pay" in 'em.

Action Jackson

Johnny Dangerously

Film Composer Joe Kraemer Reunites with Christopher McQuarrie for Paramount’s Jack Reacher

Score Album Available on La-La Land Records December 18th

Original Score is nominated for Hollywood Music in Media Award

(West Hollywood, CA) November 13, 2012—Composer Joe Kraemer has reteamed with Oscar winning director Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects) for the highly anticipated Paramount Pictures’ action-thriller Jack Reacher, starring Tom Cruise. Kraemer first garnered critical-acclaim with his score for McQuarrie’s The Way of the Gun, which The Washington Post referred to as “one of the best [scores] in recent memory, rich in classic film noir atmospherics.” Jack Reacher opens in theatres December 21, 2012. The score album is available December 18, 2012 on La-La Land Records.

Jack Reacher tells the story of a renegade homicide investigator tasked with unraveling five seemingly random murders. Reacher, played by Tom Cruise, goes about the job in his own unorthodox and violent way. The film is based on the bestselling Lee Child Novel “One Shot,” and costars Rosamund Pike (Surrogates), Oscar winner Robert Duvall (Tender Mercies), and Oscar-nominated director Werner Herzog (Rescue Dawn).

Joe Kraemer has a vast musical palette that yields a score that best services the vision of a director regardless of the style, genre or tone of the film. When Kraemer collaborates with McQuarrie, the result is a score that is somewhat reminiscent of the orchestral scores of the 1970’s. For Joe Kraemer’s original score, which the composer also conducted, he incorporated a 90-piece orchestra heavy with brass and low strings, in a score that is packed with motifs. “The sounds we gravitated towards tended to be a little more ‘70s, that is an era that Chris relates to filmicly; similar to the 80’s feel Spielberg gave his film Super 8,” explained Kraemer. “I was looking for a score that could stand on its own- orchestral, melodic, moving- not typical of the genre,” said McQuarrie. “We made the right choice with Joe Kraemer.”

Kraemer’s relationship with McQuarrie began when Kraemer was only 12 years old and living with his family in upstate New York. While a seventh grader, Kraemer befriended a neighbor- high school senior Scott Storm- an aspiring filmmaker who went on to the School of Visual Arts in New York City. Storm and his new classmates Bryan Singer and Christopher McQuarrie would return to Albany on weekends to shoot movies; they enlisted Kraemer first as an actor. When the film score-loving kid asked Storm what he used for music, he then became the composer.

After graduating from Berklee College of Music, Kraemer moved to Hollywood, and found work as a sound editor (an early credit was editing the dialogue in Dumb and Dumber).

In 1997, his early relationships would begin to pay off. Kraemer reunited with Christopher McQuarrie, who had recently won an Oscar for his The Usual Suspects script. Kraemer scored the NBC pilot The Underworld, which McQuarrie wrote and produced. That in turn led to Kraemer scoring the indie film Burn, produced by Bryan Singer. Two years later, McQuarrie made his directorial debut with The Way of the Gun. Kraemer and orchestra delivered a delightfully mysterious, castanet-salted score- influenced by the classic film scores he loved but with an approach all his own. Since 1997, Joe Kraemer has composed music for more than 50 films and television projects.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/11/15/la-la-land-records-to-release-joe-kraemers-jack-reacher-score/

A lot of you have asked for it so here goes the breakdown for our BLACK FRIDAY titles:

Well, you all know about this one:

LLLCD 1701 - 15 CD BOX SET (Limited edition of 6000 units) - $224.98

The other 3 titles all have one thing in common: Crime doesn't pay!

LLLCD 1232 - 2 CD SET (Limited edition of 3000 units) - $24.98

LLLCD 1233 - 2 CD SET (Limited edition of 4000 units) - $29.98

LLLCD 1236 - 2 CD SET (Limited edition of 3500 units) - $24.98

All will be revealed November 23, 2012 at the stroke of midnight PST.

We will start taking orders on our website Dec 4, 2012 at 1 pm pst

So I guess "Prince of Thieves" is pretty much certain then?