robthehand

The Official La-La Land Records Thread

7 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

It's missing the warped Fox fanfare.

Doesn't matter, all those scores back then like Predator 2, Alien 3, The Fly, Aliens, The Abyss, etc, all had that big, distinctive 20th Century Foxy sound to them. Can't put my finger on why, other than they were 20th Century Fox films!

There needs to be a John Williams cd with:

-All the film/TV logos he has recorded

-All the unreleased title themes for the TV series he has scored (Alcoa, Kraft Suspense, Kraft Mystery, Tammy Grimes etc.)

-Dear Basketball

-A Timeless Call

5 hours ago, Amer said:

I' do love to have the ALIENIZED Fox Logo preceding the Opening Titles cue. It is so cool. But it was strangely issued on Silvestri's PREDATOR expanded cd. 

I love the way that the entire orchestra on the ALIEN 3 fanfare, moves from mono to stereo, and from the front, to the rear, of the soundstage.

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

MV teases Ghostbusters release for later this year. 

Ooooh that's great!

~

Another update:

In regards to these two prior posts:

April, on the other hand, might be a pretty crowded and expensive month!

Just to clarify, we do have some things coming in April we just don't know what and I don't want to state anything specifically until we do.

As of right now we do have Day The Earth Stood Still coming April 10 for sure. That's at the printers

We have 4 other projects inching toward the finish line...all of which could be signed off on today or weeks from now. It's all part of the wonderful and exciting life of a soundtrack label owner! We are lucky like that.

MV

The latest update is:

The expensive month crack no longer applies. We had planned 3 to 4 other releases this month (one was for record store day) but it didn't happen, so just ignore that comment I made.

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=126479&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=2&r=251#bottom

The suspense is killing me! If it isn't Harry Potter I don't know what I'll do.

I'll probably throw my music collection in a dumpster fire.

28x96z.jpg