robthehand

The Official La-La Land Records Thread

7666 posts in this topic

I still have a backlog of LLL releases I want, and it took me a few months to even scrounge up the cash for Jurassic Park, so I'm happy to get a break from release "needs" for a while.  Daycare and mortgage bills have not been kind.

LLL's output has been a little slow this year, probably by design.  They know what they'll get burned on.  It seems like they're pulling more focus onto guaranteed sellers.  At the expense of some of our oddball holy grails, yes, but it's their business I guess.

bollemanneke likes this

I don't mind a few "pass" releases once in while. Keeps my bank account in the black.

LLL will have plenty of great stuff this year, the fact that Q1 wasn't super exciting means nothing

bollemanneke likes this

I feel so guilty about not buying any of their stuff after reading those previous posts... If only having everything on one harddrive didn't make CDs so superfluous.

On Thursday, March 02, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Jay said:

LLL will have plenty of great stuff this year, the fact that Q1 wasn't super exciting means nothing

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sales have been great. Better than most 1st quarters

Twister - nearly 2000 units so far

Cliffhanger - 1000 units so far

Star Trek Voyager - nearly 1000 units...over 500 on our website alone!

Star trek LP - an amazing response. Looking like it might go fast

Die Hard - our most requested reissue 

The only stinker was Justice League Dark but that was a given. 

Numbers and facts matter. You may think they aren't super exciting but a lot of our customers do.

Pieter_Boelen and bollemanneke like this

So if something isn't super exciting, then it's bad? What if it's just normal exciting? Is that even worse? Because you see, when I was young, I was taught it's very special to be exciting. I would be proud to miss out on super exciting as long as I was still exciting. We don't all have to be super exciting to be worth something.

3 hours ago, La La Land Records said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Sales have been great. Better than most 1st quarters

Twister - nearly 2000 units so far

Cliffhanger - 1000 units so far

Star Trek Voyager - nearly 1000 units...over 500 on our website alone!

Star trek LP - an amazing response. Looking like it might go fast

Die Hard - our most requested reissue 

The only stinker was Justice League Dark but that was a given. 

Numbers and facts matter. You may think they aren't super exciting but a lot of our customers do.

Michael Kamen's X-Men. Please 😢

If an LLL release is 'temporarily out of stock', does that automatically imply it's out of print (soon)? If not, how long before it's back in stock, generally speaking?

No, it means it is NOT out of print and will be up for sale again when they get more copies in from the pressing plant. There isn't really a way to know how long it will be; Sometimes they are unable to order more right away and titles can be unavailable for months. 

bollemanneke likes this

Here's an update from MV I missed until now

Howdy, y'all!

I thought I would post a little update for you ladies and gents concerning the next month of events going on at the triple L:

First off, Dinos, Bats and Mutants are all back in stock at La La Land!

The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection, Batman The Animated Series Vol 1 and Vol 4 and X2 X-men United are all back in stock and ready to ship! For X2, this is the last 500 or so units so if you want one, now is the time to snatch it up

Next Tuesday, April 11 we will be releasing The Sons of Katie Elder, the original soundtrack as heard in the film. While it is in mono, we think it sounds great. Classic Western fans will not be disappointed. Speaking of classic Westerns, we will be putting on sale a number of our classic Western titles this Tuesday to celebrate the release of this magnificent Elmer score!

April 25 is up in the air. We may have X Files Season 10 up and ready for sale. We just handed in the artwork to Fox for final approval. It's a fantastic 2 cd set featuring music from all 6 episodes of last year's event!

If that is not ready we might have another title to slip on out on April 25 -- WONDER WOMAN, our long in the works 3 disc set of truly "wonderful" music from the 1970's television series. We are just waiting on 2 images to approved and then POW, finally done! 

If WW doesn't make late April, then it should be our first release in May. 

Later in May will finally bring back in stock a few titles that have been OUT OF STOCK for a little while now:

Rosemary's Baby 
The Addams Family
Lethal Weapon Box Set

I know a lot of you have been wondering when these titles would be back and now I can officially say THIS MAY.

We shall keep you all posted.

Have a great weekend!

MV

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=119569&forumID=1&archive=0

I haven't listened to that release as much as I should.

It's good, but not a huge improvement of the OST release.

It came out the same day as Dances With Wolves, IIRC, and I ended up listening to that one a lot more, likely because I never had the DWW OST since the 90s like I did with Braveheart, and also I had recently seen the movie

The unreleased music is great of course, but doesnt dramatically alter my perception or opinion of the score. Especially since I'd augmented the OST with some of the non-dialogue cues from the More Music From Braveheart CD some 15 years ago.

It reveals how much of the score is synth-based. I've never really given it the full listen it deserves (which can be said for most of my collection).

bollemanneke likes this

The only score I've ever listened to with a scrutinising yet awe-inspired ear over and over was ID4.