robthehand

The Official La-La Land Records Thread

Re: Thin Red Line.

After finally going after the rec sessions (which I really hadn't been aware of were out there!), one question to the gallery: is the 1999 OST basically a selection that combines individual pieces and/or parts of these individual pieces from the sessions? Or is unique pieces / mixes that were exclusively done for the OST?

I get from looking at the rec sessions and their cue "titles", that there were many remixes of certain compositions. Plus wild takes and what-not.

I still am undecided, despite my earlier enthusiasm over it, whether or not to go after the new LLL release. As much as I'm glad to see this release (considering the Sony Music situation!) and want to support the Monkeys, I currently can't justify the purchase of something that 50% material I already own (in form of the 1999 OST, remastered or not) or have absolutely no interest in (the Melanesian chants). And on top of it all, it appears as if the one single track I've been wanting to hear in full and proper quality (Klaus Badelt's string arrangement of one of the chants) is not on the new LLL set.

Decisions, decisions...

5 hours ago, Kühni said:

And on top of it all, it appears as if the one single track I've been wanting to hear in full and proper quality (Klaus Badelt's string arrangement of one of the chants) is not on the new LLL set.

That's exactly the track I want. However, the track With With Melanesians is twice the length, meaning that of the 5 versions on the sessions, two of them are on here.

I'm also not remotely interested in the CD of chants.