The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

47 minutes ago, dougie said:

Since the Ghostbusters II OST was an MCA release with no score, what does this mean with the Sony dealy wheely?

Probably nothing. Sony Music and the labels it has absorbed were not involved.

5 hours ago, Kühni said:

And on top of it all, it appears as if the one single track I've been wanting to hear in full and proper quality (Klaus Badelt's string arrangement of one of the chants) is not on the new LLL set.

That's exactly the track I want. However, the track With With Melanesians is twice the length, meaning that of the 5 versions on the sessions, two of them are on here.

I'm also not remotely interested in the CD of chants.

• 3 weeks later...

New Horner title coming from LLL! 

MV just posted on the FSM 

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=13&r=911#bottom

We only have 1 release this month.

Coming May 19 [ I think its a typo from MV  it should be March 19th]

PROJECT X EXPANDED AND REMASTERED
Score by James Horner
LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNITS
RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Cool!  Hope there's a video of it and / or full report from an attendee!  Can't wait to hear what's upcoming!

Hey, we are on a panel! Wonders never cease!

https://wonderconanaheim2019.sched.com/event/MDRZ

Go inside the musical world of your favorite film and television soundtracks! Acclaimed independent soundtrack label La-La Land Records celebrates its 17th year with a behind-the-scenes look at their album production history, which includes the orchestral wonders of the recent sci-fi TV hit The Orville, their newly released 40th anniversary restoration of maestro John Williams' immortal Superman, classic Star Trek music releases, and even reveal some very exciting upcoming surprises in store for film music fans! The panel will include La-La Land's co-founders M.V. Gerhard and Matt Verboys, Mike Matessino (The John Williams Harry Potter Collection, Superman 40th anniversary, E.T. 35th anniversary), and much more! The panel will be moderated by label producer Jeff Bond (Star Trek: The Original Series Soundtrack Collection, Land of the Giants).

Sunday March 31, 2019 1:00pm - 2:00pm
North 200A

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134710&forumID=1&archive=0

On 3/12/2019 at 5:22 PM, ATXHusker said:

Cool!  Hope there's a video of it and / or full report from an attendee!  Can't wait to hear what's upcoming!

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134710&forumID=1&archive=0

Hope their will be a live stream of this panel on Creature Features or on MM Youtube Channel posted later on

MacGyver! Finally. I hope the Ken Harrison material can be included. The rest is good too, but the Harrison motifs are terrific.

thought LLL releases didn't go over 79 minutes due to CD player compatibility issues and what not? Is it going to be 80 minutes going forward or is this a one-time exception?

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS 
NEW RELEASES: Tues, 12 noon (PST) MARCH 19, 2019

New Releases available to order at www.lalalandrecords.com 
Tues, 12 noon (PST) MARCH 19, 2019

“PROJECT X: LIMITED EDITON”
Music by James Horner
Limited Edition of 1500 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
STARTS SHIPPING 3/22

BACK IN STOCK!  
DANNY ELFMAN BATMAN COLLECTION (4-CD SET), TITANIC: LIMITED EDITION (4-CD SET),  ALIEN 3: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BRAVEHEART: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), DIE ANOTHER DAY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND – 40th ANNIV LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET), BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (4-CD SET), WATERWORLD (2-CD SET), DAY OF THE DEAD (2-CD SET), DENNIS THE MENACE, FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF, SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (2-CD SET), KINGSMAN THE SECRET SERVICE, KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

PROJECT X: LIMITED EDITION
LLLCD 1495
Music by James Horner
Limited Edition of 1500 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 22

Order at www.lalandrecords.com starting 3/19 at 12noon (pst)

projectx-cove-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records, 20th Century Fox and Fox Music present a remastered reissue of renowned composer James Horner’s (GLORY, BRAVEHEART, TITANIC) original score from the 1987 feature film PROJECT X, starring Matthew Broderick and directed by Jonathan Kaplan. Mr. Horner crafts another beautiful work, expertly weaving heartwarming drama, sinister mystery and love to support this thoughtful and dramatic tale of a flight training program for primates that is revealed to have a darker purpose. Produced for Fox by Nick Redman, produced by Mike Matessino and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered by Matessino, sourced from the original analog 3-track stereo masters, this special limited edition CD reissue presentation features a never-before-released track. The exclusive, in-depth liner notes are by writer Jeff Bond and the sharp art design is by Dan Goldwasser. This is a special limited edition CD release of 1500 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title 4:59
2. First Lesson 3:21
3. Losing Virgil 2:26
4. Lockridge And Simulator Room** 2:17
5. Learning To Fly 3:04
6. The Plea 1:06
7. New Friends 5:52
8. Student Pilots 5:03
9. Bluebeard’s Flight 6:18
10. Ghost Call 4:12
11. The Phone Call And Top Brass* 3:05
12. The Rescue 6:01
13. The Tower 6:08
14. Chimp Rumble 6:01
15. Chain Reaction 4:39
16. The Escape 4:14
17. Flying 4:29
18. End Credits 6:22
TOTAL TIME: 79:40
*previously unreleased
** contains previously unreleased music

Will there ever be a 2nd volume of the music for Superman: TAS? I was ecstatic about the last release, but I was a bit disappointed they didn't include the relentless and menacing theme of Metallo. You have no idea how much I'd kill to buy it!

FYI for April releases...

No April flyer. I have no clue as to what will be ready for release. Nor do I know the next release date

It might April 9 or the 16. Might be April 12. I don't know. I just know nothing is ready to ship and this time it has nothing to do with the manufacturer(s) just bad timing on approvals.

MV

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?pageID=53&forumID=1&threadID=118900&archive=0

Blake Neely did mention something awhile back regarding The CW CD Arrowverse soundtracks for the current seasons of the shows. From his Twitter

Acoording to comments on the FSM board, the Wondercon panel revealed we're getting the expanded Elfman's this year (Darkman, Mission: Impossible) as well as the 25th anniversary edition of Stargate. They don't seem to know whether there will be more Bond ("it's pretty sporadic with EON").

Anything else, I wonder?

Karol

MV just posted this to FSM:

Just recap

Coming April 

THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER AND THEN BIGFOOT
THE SENTINEL
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN LP

Coming April/May

THE QUINN MARTIN COLLECTION VOL 1

Coming Summer

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (1996)
DARKMAN
X FILES VOL 4
X FILES SEASON 11
FLETCH LIVES
TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA

Coming Fall

STARGATE 25TH ANNIVERSAY

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134710&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=141#bottom

The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot is easily my favorite score of 2019 so far

7 hours ago, Jay said:

The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot is easily my favorite score of 2019 so far

I'm interested in that, and in the film, which I know nothing about.