The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I love Dracula, but I don't remember there being a lot of unreleased music when I saw the film? There was a cool cue when the horse went crazy in the graveyard, but other than that nothing much, if I recall correctly.

I hope one day Bachelor Flat and Gidget Goes To Rome will be considered Holy Grails.

Bachelor Flat has already been released by Intrada.

I think he was being sarcastic. Besides, the Intrada album consists of its "surviving stereo cues." For some, that will never be enough and they will want every last microsecond of music....

What?

I dont see to much interest in the prequels, as we are almost 100% complete with them due to gamerips.

Oh, there is a LOT of interest still. Understand that maybe five or ten people on this forum have every game file ever, and even if everyone else had them, editing them all together is far too time consuming a task for most. Granted, there are torrents of edits floating around, but they're woefully outdated and their quality is iffy as it is. Additionally, a lot of that game rip material is hardly CD quality. They're like adequate YouTube rips.

I have been extremely impressed with La-La Land. They've become like the Apple of film score labels, in all the best ways. The stuff they've gotten out there. Well, it's nice to have them around.

I don't think LaLaLand is overpriced or pretentious at all.

How dare you compare them to each other! :lick:

I would say the Prequels, the Potters, the 2 JP scores and Dracula are my top priority.

Dracula could use most expansion and improvement in sound quality and is very likely candidate for expansion, being one of the last few scores from that period that has not received an expanded treatment.

Although personally, I find it to be WAY too quick to already be talking about MORE grails out there, my next williams one would have to be the jurassics; followed by the prequels, then potter.

Although personally, I find it to be WAY too quick to already be talking about MORE grails out there, my next williams one would have to be the jurassics; followed by the prequels, then potter.

Isn't it human nature to be restless and never satisfied? And people do have dreams after some dreams coming true. It is good to have new goals after achieving one you know. ;)

I agree with you though and I would like to savour this number 1 grail a long time. I have been waiting Hook since 1999.

Isn't it human nature to be restless and never satisfied? And people do have dreams after some dreams coming true. It is good to have new goals after achieving one you know. ;)

There is a big difference between having new goals/ambitions and being never satisfied/always compaining!

There is a big difference between having new goals/ambitions and being never satisfied/always complaining!

REALLY??!!! :o

REALLY??!!! :o

That's what you said! ;)

Is it "Write The Bleedin' Obvious" day?

Oh it is Stefan! It is!

You just wrote an answer to Steef's question.

I did, didn't I?

You just stated the obvious.

He just did, didn't he?

But in the spirit of carrying the topic forward I have to say it has been a fine weather today.

You just stated the obvious.

He just did, didn't he?

But in the spirit of carrying the topic forward I have to say it has been a fine weather today.

He did.

Earthquake, Missouri Breaks and Eiger Sanction are also good candidates for expansion. Jaws 2 as well although I remember that KM or somesuch mentioned that it had very little extra music beyond what is on the OST.

In terms of what's realistic (i.e. Lucasfilm holding the prequels and WB telling labels to bugger off about Potter), the two Jurassics are easily my most wanted Williams releases now. We're nearly 20 years on, and not a single note of unreleased music has ever surfaced, and I'm way too nostalgic about the first score particularly to let that pass...

Here's something interesting that MV recently posted on FSM.

If I am not mistaken:

Godzilla - 30 days roughly

Masters of the Universe - 3 weeks roughly

Batman The Animated Series - 40 days roughly

Meteor - less than 24 hours

Innerspace - 2-3 weeks

1941 - 3 weeks

Airplane - 1 week

Commando - 24 hours

Krull - a month I think

Island of Dr Moreau - 2 weeks roughly

Wuthering Heights - 3 weeks roughly

Die Hard - 2 days

Star Trek V - 4 months

Friday the 13th - 13 hours -- then a breather - then another 10 hours lol

Batman 1989, ID4, The Edge, First Knight, A Certain Smile, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman 1966, Jade, Home Alone, Alien Resurrection, Money Train, The Flash, Batman Mask of the Phantasm, The Fugitive, Speed 2, Panic in the Year Zero, Breakdown, The Sender, Fat Man and Little Boy, Eraser, Trading Places, Nate and Hayes, Wonder Woman, Greeen Lantern, Hell's Belles, Beach Blanket Bingo. . . and about 50+ more titles are still available, not too mention the few dozens that went OOP that never reached their final number.

In other words -- there is no rhyme nor reason as to why some titles sell out and others linger on.

I mean, really - a 3rd time release of Masters of the Universe limited to 3000 units sells out in less than a month but a 4 disc set of The X Files still lingers after nearly a year? WTF people? lol

It is puzzling that popular scores like Home Alone, Independence Day, Batman and such are still around but other stuff ones a bit more I guess obscure sell out faster than you can say, "Who's your daddy?"

Source: http://filmscoremont...87154&archive=0

Hey, Masters of the Universe is much cooler than the X-Files.

No arguments there. The point is though that it's weird that more obscure scores sell out fast but bigger popular ones that have had more demand IE: Batman, Independence Day and such are still around.

Well they say all those titles are still available, but they don't mention quantities.

Having, say 2000 copies left from 5000 is much different to having 200 left. The first is a problem moving inventory, and the second is just getting rid of the last few.

I generally take their 'permanent price reductions' section as an indication of which titles they are trying harder to shift. I can imagine that upon release, a certain 'pool' of customers orders a certain title, and once that wave is over, they're targeting at people either discovering the release some time later, or waiting until they can afford it - and that's the stage where I can see inventory hanging around.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) FEB 28, 2012

Available for order at

www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), FEB 28, 2012

“THE MECHANIC: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Jerry Fielding

Limited Edition of 1200 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 28

“JENNIFER 8: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”

Music by Christopher Young and Maurice Jarre

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 28

AND OUR 200TH SOUNDTRACK RELEASE..!

“SPEED: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Mark Mancina

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 28

www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 28

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Mechanic-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records presents composer Jerry Fielding’s (STRAW DOGS, THE ENFORCER, THE GAUNTLET, SEMI-TOUGH) classic original action score to the legendary 1972 MGM action-thriller THE MECHANIC, starring Charles Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent and directed by Michael Winner. An atmospheric marvel of sonic textures and experimental approaches, Fielding’s chilling score truly is the stone-cold-heart of this classic hitman/apprentice tale. Aside from perfectly capturing action and suspense, Fielding’s score gives the film a depth and resonance beyond its celluloid. Aside from some audio enhancements, a slightly different track order and new packaging and liner notes, the audio content is the same as the Intrada release, so this re-issue is geared for fans who do not currently own that previous release. Produced by Ford A. Thaxton and mastered by James Nelson, this release features in-depth, exclusive liner notes by film music writer Randall D. Larson. This is a limited edition of 1200 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title 3:20

2. The Mark Comes Home /

The Big Wait 4:33

3. The Meeting 0:55

4. Special Delivery / How’s My Pulse /

Strange Feelings 1:33

5. Death of McKenna 3:00

6. The Letter 1:56

7. Suicide 4:37

8. Strange Madness / Hello Steve 2:11

9. The Mechanic 1:28

10. The Pick Up / No Way In 1:55

11. Never Ride a Motorbike /

The Man 8:11

12. Revelation / Italian Job 4:31

13. Watching – Waiting 2:53

14. The Set Up 1:53

15. Speed Boats 1:04

16. The Big Chase / The Big Drop 4:20

17. Steve Takes Over /

End Titles – Version 2

(Bang, You’re Dead) 1:48

ALTERNATE?END?TITLES

18. End Titles – Version 1 1:04

19. End Titles – Version 3 0:43

BIG?BAND

SOURCE MUSIC?

20. Let’s Get

Together Again 6:12

21. Baja Band (Mexico Jazz) 4:03

22. The Party 2:27

23. Beach House Jump 1:38

24. Smoked Salmon 2:10

25. Romping 3:09

CLASSICAL SOURCE MUSIC

26. Beethoven:

String Quartet Op. 18, No. 6 2:12

27. Beethoven: Grosse Fuge, Op. 133 1:00

28. O Sole Mio 1:08

(Music by Eduardo di Capua / Lyric by Giovanni Capurro)

Total Time: 77:00

www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 28

RETAIL PRICE $24.98

Jennifer8-cover-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures presents a special 2-CD SET of two original scores to the 1992 Paramount Pictures motion picture thriller JENNIFER 8, starring Andy Garcia, Uma Thurman, and Lance Henriksen and written and directed by Bruce Robinson. Disc One features acclaimed composer Christopher Young’s (HELLRAISER, RUNAWAY JURY, THE CORE, DRAG ME TO HELL) original score – considered to be the composer’s breakthrough work in terms of scoring films for major studios. For this release, Young has re-visited his career-making score and has provided a new, magnificent 48 minute assembly – creating the ultimate presentation of his haunting and beautiful work, a melodic and atmospheric score that injects the film with suspense and human emotion. Disc Two presents renowned composer Maurice Jarre’s (LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, THE PROFESSIONALS, GHOST, A WALK IN THE CLOUDS) unused original score to the same film. Jarre scored about 75% of the film before his music was replaced with Young’s score. About 40 minutes of Jarre’s score is presented here and fans will be delighted to finally have this previously unreleased work, which is in the vein of his music for WITNESS and GHOST. In total, this release is a fascinating look at two different scoring approaches by two immensely talented composers. Produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Mike Matessino, this limited edition release of 2000 Units includes in-depth, exclusive liner notes by film music writer Jeff Bond.

TRACK LISTING:

Disc 1: Original Score

Composed by Christopher Young

1. Jennifer 8 2:06

2. What You See 1:50

3. Eight to Nine 2:02

4. Still Life 5:15

5. Black Winter 2:27

6. Eyes of a Child 1:36

7. Cello for Helena 2:40

8. See No Evil 6:44

9. Retrograde 1:27

10. Blind Faith 2:42

11. Talking Elevator 2:13

12. Outfoxed 2:17

13. Malice Aforethought 3:15

14. Brain Vanish 5:18

15. See How They Run 1:27

16. I Remember Red 1:55

17. Up On a Star 2:15

Disc 2: Unused Score

Composed and Conducted by Maurice Jarre

1. Main Title 2:14

2. To the Dump/One Hand 1:39

3. Frozen Hand/Dig Jennifer 1:36

4. Braille Reader/Tea Time/Elevator Man/Hello Helena 1:45

5. .22 Bullet 1:29

6. On Your Own/Cello Solo/Breathless/Café Chat 2:59

7. VW Van/Van Search/Picking Lock 3:36

8. No Braille 2:34

9. Xmas Threat/Not Wrong/Up the Ladder/Flashlight (Pt. 1) 2:48

10. Flashlight (Pt. 2) 2:02

11. Flashlight (Pt. 3)/Ross Shot/Deviate Calls 3:37

12. First Degree/Taxi Ride/Needed Friend 1:46

13. No Lies/Ashtray 3:17

Alternate Cues

14. Main Title (alternate) 2:12

15. Hello Helena (pad stem) 0:43

16. Van Search (alternate) 1:20

17. Ross Shot/Deviate Calls (alternate mix) 2:49

18. Taxi Ride (alternate) 0:50

Disc 1 Time: 47:30

Disc 2 Time: 39:17

Total Album Time: 86:47

www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING FEB 28

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

Speed-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records, in association with 20th Century Fox, is proud to present La-La Land’s 200th soundtrack release – a remastered and expanded edition of Mark Mancina’s (BAD BOYS, TWISTER, SPEED 2, MONEY TRAIN) landmark original score to the 1994 Twentieth Century Fox blockbuster action extravaganza SPEED, starring Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Dennis Hopper and Jeff Daniels, and directed by Jan De Bont. An inseparable component of SPEED’s success, Mancina’s full-throttle, iconic score not only punched the film’s action into overdrive, but it has served as a template for action film scoring ever since. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino and edited and mastered by Mike Matessino, this special remastered and expanded version of SPEED presents its tracks in film order, includes the end titles song, “Speed” performed by Billy Idol, and features in-depth, exclusive liner notes by film music writer John Takis. This is a limited edition of 3000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Main Title** 4:03

2. Elevator Stall 0:57

3. Elevator Peril 0:29

4. Move! 2:10

5. Pop Quiz* 3:37

6. Dangling Feet 0:39

7. Freight Elevator 2:32

8. Payne Explodes* 2:41

9. Payne Watches Awards /

Payne Calls Jack* 2:36

10. Jack Driving Jeep / Bus Enters Freeway* 0:23

11. Rush Hour 6:08

12. Jack Jumps Onto Bus* 1:35

13. Choppers 1:04

14. Bomb Reveal / Payne Watching Football* 0:34

15. City Streets** 2:23

16. We Have Trust** 0:53

17. Helen Dies 2:36

18. The Gap 2:52

19. Entering Airport 1:05

20. Payne Excited 1:53

21. Jack Leaves Bus / Jack on Dolly /

Payne’s Picture* 2:03

22. The Dolly 1:31

23. Jack Under Bus / Harry Searches House /

Harry Didn’t Make It* 3:47

24. Wildcat 1:07

25. Payne Twisted 0:42

26. The Rescue 4:07

27. Pershing Square 3:23

28. Annie’s Loaded / Getting on Train* 2:06

29. Fight on Train 1:24

30. Runaway Train* 1:45

31. End Title 1:53

32. Speed (Performed by Billy Idol) 4:27

(Billy Idol, Steve Stevens)

T C?F?Music Publishing Inc. / Boneidol Music,

Chrysalis Music / WB?Music Corp.,

Sitting Pretty Music, Inc.

adm. by WB?Music Corp. ASCAP

Courtesy of Chrysalis/EMI Records

* Previously unreleased.

** Contains previously unreleased material.

Total Time: 69:25

www.lalalandrecords.com

Source: http://secure.campai...L1--CKhh-gkivq4

Congrats to Mr. John Takis for getting the chance to write the liner notes for LLL's 200th release!!!

Straight from their Facebook page:

Now that #200 is in the rearview mirror, we here at the triple L look foward to the next 4 1/2 months, building up to another big celebration -- COMIC CON, BABY! We have a some awesome releases planned for this bash and we hope (fingers crossed) the cds will be done in time.

In the meantime, March, April, May and June will be filled with some pretty cool titles (HOOK being one of them). So keep checking back on our facebook page for upcoming info on new releases, sales and other exciting news!