The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I like the samples from the Jennifer 8 release (especially comparing Young and Jarre's main title cues). I may buy that eventually, provided it doesn't become a fast sellout.

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) MAR 13, 2012

Available for order at

www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), MAR 13, 2012

“THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE: LIMITED EDITION”

Music by Dimitri Tiomkin

Limited Edition of 2500 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 13

LOW STOCK ALERT!

Less than 200 units of Tiomkin’s 55 DAYS AT PEKING remain!

Get yours now at before they are gone!

THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1202

Music by Dimitri Tiomkin

Limited Edition of 2500 Units

ORDER “THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE: LIMITED EDITION” on March 13 (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 13

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

TRAFOTRE-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Sony Music present the remastered and expanded release of renowned composer Dimitri Tiomkin’s (55 DAYS AT PEKING, GIANT, RIO BRAVO, THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA) original motion picture score to the 1964 Roman era-set feature film epic THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE, starring Sophia Loren, Stephen Boyd, James Mason, Alec Guinness and Christopher Plummer, and directed by Anthony Mann. Mr. Tiomkin’s Oscar nominated, Golden Globe winning score is among his finest – large in scope, yet uniquely brash and brimming with energy and ornamentation. Remastered from the original ¼ inch LP master tapes in the Sony vaults and expanded with bonus mono cues, this 65 minute presentation is the most definitive, official release of the original THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE score to date. Produced by Didier C. Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder and mastered by Mark G. Wilder, this limited edition release of 2500 units features striking art design by Jim Titus and exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer Jeff Bond.

TRACK LISTING:

1 Fanfares and Flourishes :53

2 Overture 2:45

3 The Fall of Love 2:37

4 Lucilla’s Sorrow 1:49

5 Ballomar’s Barbarian Attack 1:42

6 Morning 1:08

7 Profundo 2:38

8 Notturno 2:03

9 Pax Romana (Bolero) 5:20

10 The Prophecy 1:10

11 Persian Battle 2:06

12 Dawn of Love 2:23

13 The Roman Forum 4:51

14 By Jove (“Triumph and End of Part 1”) :41

15 Intermezzo: Livius and Lucilla (“The Fall of Love Intermission”) 2:21

16 Addio 1:58

17 Tarantella 2:20

18 Resurrection 2:56

19 The Fall of Rome 2:14

BONUS TRACKS (MONO):

20 Dawn on the Northern Frontier (“Aurelius Awaits Dawn”) 2:18

21 Arrival of Livius 1:03

22 Old Acquaintances “Lucilla and Livius” 4:33

23 Decoy Patrol (“The Signal to March”) 1:00

24 Battle in the Forest/Reinforcements (“Barbarian Ambush 1 & 2”) 3:51

25 Conflict in the Caverns (“Ballomar’s Barbarian Attack Part 2”) 1:47

26 Passing the Torch 2:30

27 The Army Enters Rome/ The New God/The Challenge (“Commodus Deified”) 4:04

Total Time: 65:00

“MEN OF ACTION” SPECIAL!!!!!

La-La Land celebrates its 200th release, SPEED, with a kick-ass sale on these action-packed scores…!

$14.98 EACH:HUMAN TARGET (3-CD SET), BROKEN ARROW (2-CD SET), BREAKDOWN (3-CD SET).

$9.98 EACH:THE FUGITIVE (2-CD SET), ERASER, SPEED 2 (less than 200 left), MONEY TRAIN.

$4.98 EACH:THE PUNISHER, EXTREME PREJUDICE, HITMAN (THE MOVIE), NATE AND HAYES.

$2.98 EACH:CELLULAR, KISS KISS BANG BANG, MAX PAYNE, ALLAN QUATERMAIN, ZATOICHI, ARMORED

SALE PRICES GOOD THRU 3/26/12

Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

Source:http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?R5rF--CXyW-gkivq2

I think it's beautiful. You don't see too many paintings used for album covers, just movie posters. How droll. If I want to see the movie poster, I'll watch the movie.

I may buy this just for the cover.

Ahoy, matey’s! It’s almost here! No, not John William’s masterful score to HOOK, but Easter…and nothing says Easter like an awesome Alfred Newman biblical score!

THE ROBE: EXPANDED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (2-CD SET)

LLLCD 1203

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN

MASTERED BY DANIEL HERSCH at d2 MASTERING

LINER NOTES BY JULIE KIRGO

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Like Christ, Alfred Newman’s heavenly score to the 1953 psychological biblical epic THE ROBE has risen from the dead. Long out of print, La-La Land Records resurrects one of Mr. Newman’s greatest scores, fully remastered and slightly longer than previous editions. This epic score has been given the Redman/Hersch/ Matessino attention it so richly deserves…never has this powerful score sounded so divine. Insightful liners by the lovely Julie Kirgo and masterful art direction by Dan Goldwasser also add to this classic reissue.

While it’s not a brightly colored Egg, our next release is certain to brighten some of your Easter baskets. . .

HOOK: EXPANDED ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK (2-CD SET)

LLLCD 1211

LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

RE-ISSUE PRODUCED BY DIDIER C. DEUTSCH AND MARK G. WILDER

MASTERED BY MARK G. WILDER AND MARIA TRIANA

SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

LINER NOTES BY DANIEL SCHWEIGER

ART DIRECTION BY JIM TITUS

La-La Land Records and Sony Music presents the world premiere release of the official remastered and expanded edition of renowned composer John Williams's original score to the 1991 Tri-Star Pictures adventure/fantasy Steven Spielberg-directed epic, HOOK! Long considered one of the maestro's best scores in collaboration with Mr. Spielberg, this masterwork is finally presented here in a worthy 2-CD release that contains more than 140 mins of music, including alternate and unused cues, greatly expanding the score's original 1991 album assembly with more than 65 minutes of music previously unreleased. Amazing art design by Jim Titus and great, in-depth liners from film music writer Daniel Schweiger round out this amazing soundtrack experience that will have you never wanting to grow up!

This album assembly was supervised by John Williams . . .the completed project approved by both John Williams and Steven Spielberg.

We've been listening to this thing at La-La Land non-stop and are so excited to finally share it with all of you next Tuesday!

BOTH cd’s go on sale TUESDAY, MARCH 27 at 1 pm pst at

www.lalalandrecords.com

As well as other fine online soundtrack stores

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150760771878755&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1

I think the score had some work done on it for the bluray release, so I'd imagine it's fairly improved. It's probably the same source as the bluray, at least, seeing as Redman involved.

I had little hope to get a full release of The Robe; almost looking forward more to this than to Hook. My copy of the Robe has horrible sound quality and is missing crucial pieces, like The Crucifixion. In any case, it's too bad that I currently don't have internet at home; it will be 10 pm here when Hook is released, so I hope they won't all be gone by tomorrow...

LA-LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

NEW RELEASES: Tues, 1pm (PST) MAR 27, 2012

Available for order at

www.lalalandrecords.com

Tues, 1pm (PST), MARCH 27, 2012

“HOOK: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 5000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 27

“THE ROBE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)”

Music by Alfred Newman

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

RETAIL PRICE: $24.98

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 27

GOING OUT OF PRINT 4/30/12

FARSCAPE CLASSICS: VOL. 3, THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON,

CHILD’S PLAY, ALAN QUATERMAIN, MAY

LOW STOCK ALERT!

HOOK: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1211

Music by John Williams

Limited Edition of 5000 Units

ORDER "HOOK: LIMITED EDITION" on March 27 (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 27

RETAIL PRICE $29.98

Hook-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and Sony Music presents the world premiere release of the first official remastered and expanded edition of renowned composer John Williams's (JAWS, STAR WARS, SCHINDLER'S LIST) original score to the 1991 Tri-Star Pictures' adventure/fantasy epic HOOK, directed by Steven Speilberg. Long considered one of the maestro's best scores in collaboration with Mr. Spielberg, this masterwork is finally presented here in a worthy 2-CD release that contains more than 140 mins of music, including bonus alternate and unused cues, greatly expanding the score's original 1991 album assembly with more than 65 minutes of music previously unreleased in any official format. Produced by Didier C. Deutsch and Mark G. Wilder, mastered by Mark G. Wilder and Maria Triana and supervised and approved by John Williams, this expanded reissue features amazing art design by Jim Titus and exclusive, in-depth liners from film music writer Daniel Schweiger. It's an amazing soundtrack experience that will have you never wanting to grow up!

This album assembly was supervised by John Williams and the completed project approved by both John Williams and Steven Spielberg.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1 Prologue 1:30

2 We Don't Wanna Grow Up + 1:50

3 Banning Back Home 2:25

4 Granny Wendy 2:57

5 The Bedroom* 1:07

6 The Nursery* 1:38

7 The Watch* :56

8 Hook-Napped 3:56

9 A Portrait Of Wendy* 1:06

10 The Arrival Of Tink/The Flight To Neverland** 6:03

11 Presenting The Hook 3:01

12 Pirates!* 2:41

13 Hook Challenges PeterH 7:50

14 From Mermaids To Lost Boys** 5:13

15 The Lost Boy Chase 3:32

16 Smee's Plan** 3:25

17 Pan Is Challenged* 1:20

18 Hook's Lesson* 3:08

19 The Banquet 3:10

20 The Never-Feast 4:41

21 Hook's Madness* 4:00

22 Follow That Shadow* 2:38

DISC 1 TIME: 68:18

DISC 2

1 Remembering Childhood 11:04

2 You Are The Pan** 4:03

3 When You're Alone+ 3:16

4 Tink Grows Up* 2:20

5 The Ultimate War: To War** 9:45

6 The Ultimate War: The Death Of Rufio* 2:36

7 The Ultimate War: Sword Fight* 5:32

8 Farewell Neverland** 11:15

9 End Credits** 6:08

Bonus Tracks:

10 Prologue (alternate)* 1:35

11 Banning Back Home (film version)* 3:14

12 Presenting The Hook (film version–extended)** 4:03

13 Hook's Blues* 2:17

14 Wendy Tells Peter The Truth (partly unused)* 2:24

15 Exit Music (unused) * 1:42

DISC 2 TIME: 72:17

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 140:35

+Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

* Previously unreleased

** Contains previously unreleased material

THE ROBE: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1203

Music by Alfred Newman

Limited Edition of 2000 Units

ORDER “THE ROBE: LIMITED EDITION” on March 27 (1pm PST) atwww.lalalandrecords.com

STARTS SHIPPING MARCH 27

RETAIL PRICE $24.98

robe-Web.jpgLa-La Land Records and 20th Century Fox proudly present the remastered and expanded 2-CD release of legendary composer Alfred Newman’s (A CERTAIN SMILE, ALL ABOUT EVE, THE EGYPTIAN, AIRPORT) original score to the 20th Century Fox 1953 psychological biblical epic THE ROBE, starring Richard Burton, Jean Simmons and Victor Mature, and directed by Henry Koster. A rich, complex and important work in the Newman cannon, this powerful score injects heart into this film’s large canvas while masterfully propelling its drama and spectacle. Studio head Darryl Zanuck said it best at the time, “I wish I could find some way to tell you that this is the greatest score ever written without sounding like the publicity department – but it is.” Produced by Nick Redman, restored by Mike Matessino and mastered by Daniel Hersch, this remastered and expanded 2-CD SET sounds magnificent, is slightly longer than previous releases and features insightful liner notes from writer Julie Kirgo. This is a limited edition of 2000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1

1. Prelude (Main Title) 1:27

2. Rome 3:14

3. The Slave Market (Diana) 2:35

4. Caligula’s Arrival 1:04

5. Caligula’s Departure 1:07

6. The Map of Jerusalem 5:02

7. Passover / Palm Sunday 3:36

8. The Feast 3:15

9. Searching for Jesus (damaged) 3:31

10. Execution Orders 1:57

11. The Carriage of the Cross 1:55

12. The Crucifixion 7:45

13. The Nightmare 1:37

14. Capri 3:55

15. Tiberius’ Palace 2:31

16. The Market Place 6:13

17. The Resurrection (vocal: Carole Richards) 3:01

18. The Story of Miriam* 2:09

Disc 1 Time: 56:08

DISC 2

1. Elegy 4:32

2. Marcellus’ Redemption 2:24

3. Justus’ Death 1:45

4. Aftermath 2:00

5. Hymn for the Dead 1:10

6. In His Service 1:45

7. Audience with Caligula* 1:09

8. The Catacombs / Hope 6:52

9. Demetrius’ Rescue 3:15

10. The Healing of Demetrius 5:17

11. Marcellus’ Farewell 1:25

12. The Chase 2:28

13. Interior Dungeon 2:54

14. Caligula (extended) 1:53

15. Finale / Hallelujah 1:58

Bonus Tracks

16. Palm Sunday Part One (chorus only) 1:26

17. Palm Sunday Part Two (orchestra only) 1:11

18. The Crucifixion (orchestra only) 7:33

19. Prelude (Main Title) (with slates) 1:52

20. Marcellus’ Redemption* (original version - damaged) 2:32

Disc 2 Time: 55:23

Total Album Time: 111:31

* Previously Unreleased

GOING OUT OF PRINT 4/30/12

FARSCAPE CLASSICS: VOL. 3, THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON,

CHILD’S PLAY, ALAN QUATERMAIN, MAY

LOW STOCK ALERT!

Source: http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?RPLI--Cle1-gkivq6

AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE APRIL 10, 2012 AT 1 PM PST

The show has been canceled….but the soundtrack is FINALLY HERE!

GALAXY QUEST

MUSIC BY DAVID NEWMAN

LLLCD 1208

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY DAVID NEWMAN

PRODUCED FOR LA-LA LAND RECORDS BY DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with Paramount Pictures, boldly goes into the realm of sci fi action comedy with the WORLD PREMIERE release of David Newman’s epic orchestral score to the 1999 hit comedy GALAXY QUEST, starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman. This science fiction score is filled with huge choral passages and those melodic themes that make the Newman name synonymous with film music! Previously released as a composer produced promo only, La-La Land is proud to officially unleash this fantastic score on cd, longer and sounding grander than ever!

As an added bonus, the first 100 customers who purchase the cd directly through our website will receive their booklet autographed by composer David Newman at no extra charge! Quantities are limited.

Next up…

BROKE SKY

MUSIC BY KRISTOPHER CARTER, MICHAEL McCUISTION AND LOLITA RITMANIS

LLLCD 1201

LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY KRISTOPHER CARTER, MICHAEL McCUISTION AND LOLITA RITMANIS

MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON AT DIGITAL OUTLAND

ART DIRECTION BY DAVID C. FEIN

This indie thriller has a dynamite orchestral score by those DYNAMIC MUSIC PARTNERS, Kristopher, Michael and Lolita. Sparse, evocative and full of surprises like the film itself, this intimate soundtrack of southern noir tells the story of Bucky and Earl, two county workers breaking their backs to keep the highways clean of road kill under the scorching Texas sun. When a carcass-removal call turns up something far more disturbing than a flattened armadillo, best friends are torn apart by a decades-old secret that will have them questioning everything they think they know about each other.

As an added bonus, the first 100 customers who purchase the cd directly through our website will receive their booklet autographed by the composers at no extra charge! Quantities are limited.

You will be able to purchase these fine soundtracks at www.lalalandrecords.com and other soundtrack specialty online establishments

See y’all next Tuesday, April 10 at 1 pm pst!

Here's a great interview with MV Gerhard conducted by Olivier Soude!

http://www.underscor...-la-never-land/

The entire interview is worth reading, but I did want to point these parts out:

Currently, we are working on a project with Sony Music that was the very first title we inked a deal with them on back in 2008. As of today, we finally have the missing pieces of the puzzle, or so we hope (laughs). By that, I mean we have the elements but have not heard them yet. If everything is there, said project has just gone from awesome to uber-awesome!

This must be Star Trek TMP!!

The first one is a title expected out later this year, possibly this summer. Producing said project I felt like John Hammond by always saying “spared no expense” as I wrote check after check (laughs).

He's referring to a title he first wanted to be #200 (Speed was their third choice; Their second choice was Hook). This intrigues me, I wonder what it could be???

We are currently working with Sony on two upcoming titles called Sorcery (by Mark Mancina) and Starhawk (by Christopher Lennertz). Both will be out in May or June. We hope to add others as well.

Mark Mancina is alive!

Sorry, my post was pointless when I read the above properly!

Still, could it be Jurassic Park?? :)

I would absolutely love a release of the JP trilogy. However, I doubt that's coming anytime in the next 12-16 months. I may be wrong, but that basically gives it away, that clue.

I don't want any williams involvement at all if it is. I can see him leaving out nothing except "Hungry Raptor'', "The Great T-Rex chase" and "The coming storm", whilst retaining all the suite like edits. :P

I really think the Hammond reference is a genuine one, and not any sort of clue.

And definitely agreed with Score_Fan - Williams' involvement in JP would not be good. Problem is, there's only 10-15 mins of music missing (if that?) - if he decides to remove several shorter cues and keeps the existing album edits, what would be the point of expanding it?

Essentially, given the choice between a Williams-supervised expansion and leaked sessions, give me the latter any day.

LA LA LAND RECORDS PRESENTS

JURASSIC PARK: EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK: LIMITED EDITION

MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY JOHN WILLIAMS

PERSONALLY SUPERVISED AND APPROVED BY COMPOSER

100000 UNITS

TRACK LISTING:

1. Theme From Jurassic Park

2. Theme From Jurassic Park

3. Theme From Jurassic Park

4. Theme From Jurassic Park

5. Theme From Jurassic Park

6. Theme From Jurassic Park

7. Theme From Jurassic Park

8. Theme From Jurassic Park

9. Theme From Jurassic Park

10. Theme From Jurassic Park

11. Theme From Jurassic Park

12. Theme From Jurassic Park

13. Theme From Jurassic Park

14. Theme From Jurassic Park

15. Theme From Jurassic Park

16. Theme From Jurassic Park

17. Theme From Jurassic Park

18. Theme From Jurassic Park

19. Theme From Jurassic Park

20. Theme From Jurassic Park

21. Theme From Jurassic Park

22. Theme From Jurassic Park

23. Theme From Jurassic Park

I really hope that is a clue for Jurassic Park! I can see how it may not be, but I really hope it was!

As long as it has the "History Lesson" track as KM mentioned (even though you can rip it pretty well from the BluRay) and my favorite missing track, The T Rex Jeep Chase, then I will be all grins. :D

Oh yeah?! Well screw TLW! If you want all that drumming and rhythm, why don't you just go to those crazy clubs that everyone expects us to go to! Then you can do that booty-thump-thang without screwing up my Jurassic Park release coming first! Ha!

(Note before anyone screams foul: I actually DO love the TLW score. But I still want Jurassic Park more and first, for personal reasons!)

Both JP and TLW would be welcome, TLW probably more since it has more unreleased material but on the other hand JP is in my top 5 scores and got me into film music so it has a lot of appeal too. :)

Uhm, GM, not everyone here has been "lucky" enough to have seen King Solomon's Mines (1985 with Goldsmith score, which he won a Razzie for, which makes it all the better to listen to) to understand the significance and importance of that classic line of dialogue! And you're right! I might text you that! So what?! GAH! :D

And you bet you're ass JP wouldn't disappoint. Just because there is less doesn't mean there isn't more to enjoy from less! Quality over quantity, baby!

(Again... I know there are plenty of quality missing tracks from TLW...)

Exactly. :) Not only that, but who knows of what other surprises could be in store (well, for any release for that matter, I guess). Did anyone see the "Alternate Prologue" coming at all when Hook was released by LLL? I don't think anyone ever knew there had been an alternate for that. So especially for Williams, you'll never know what cool stuff could exist for a score beyond what we all think we know. ;)

That's just to ward off intruders.

LeBlanc: What are you doing in my house?

Burglar: I'm robbing you, sonny.

LeBlanc: That's what you think! *plays 'We Don't Want To Grow Up'*

Burglar: Not Leslie Bricusse! *runs*

That's just to ward off intruders.

LeBlanc: What are you doing in my house?

Burglar: I'm robbing you, sonny.

LeBlanc: That's what you think! *plays 'We Don't Want To Grow Up'*

Burglar: Not Leslie Bricusse! *runs*

"Yeah I am armed and dangerous. I have Hook the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack under my pillow and I am not afraid to use it. One more step and it is Hook-Napped time for you!"

Finally got my shipping notice. Grmp. Took them a while, especially given that they claim their customer service is what makes them special.

@Derrick: I would, of course, also prefer TLW over JP ;-)

Another interesting bit from Olivier's interview:

Planet Of The Apes is most likely the last of the expansions of the Elfman/Burton series of soundtracks. The box set did such a great job covering their collaboration I certainly see no point in releasing another version of the remaining scores in the future. Both Batman Returns and Planet Of The Apes were already being produced at the time of the box set’s announcement, so those two titles made the cut. As for other Elfman titles, you never can tell.

I am disappointed by that! I would think an expansion of Sleepy Hollow licensed from Paramount and Edward Scissorhands licensed from Fox would have been right up LLL's alley.

What JP reference did I make?

Right up LLL's alley. Like John Hammond saying to Alan Grant that the park would be right up their alley in JP. :P

Right up LLL's alley. Like John Hammond saying to Alan Grant that the park would be right up their alley in JP. :P

Ah

Ah

You just have to be extra careful with everything you say around here and avoid movie quotes in your posts so it will not be interpreted as a sign of a new release.