The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The WB logo looks fine to me. But when people have only so small things to complain about it is usually just a good thing for the label. :P

I am really excited about The Black Beauty release. I only recently discovered the score and it has fast become part of my top 5 Elfman list.

Yay my copy arrived today! I am listening as I type. Absolutely beautiful! :D

:music: He's Back (Revival)/Frolic

I got mine literally just now. Not listened to it yet (obviously), but I will say that Dan Goldwasser/Warm Butter design for those LLL releases is up there with Jim Titus' best work and that's high praise in my book.

Karol

I got mine literally just now. Not listened to it yet, but I will say that Dan Goldwasser/Warm Butter design for those LLL releases is up there with Jim Titus' best work and that's a high praise in my book.

Karol

Absolutely. Very classy.

Whoa Goldenthal's Pet Sematary. Awesome!

Coming Tuesday Oct 22, 2013 at 12 pm pst

2 new La-La Land cds and 1 new Sparks and Shadows Autographed cd!

GRIMM Seasons 1 and 2
Music by Richard Marvin
LLLCD 1278
Retail Price: $15.98

Produced by Richard Marvin and Ford A. Thaxton
Mastered by James Nelson
Liner notes by Randall D Larson
Art Direction by Mark Banning

NBC UNIVERSAL and La-La Land Records present the original soundtrack to the hit sci-fi/fantasy television series Grimm, starring David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch and Silas Weir Mitchell. Acclaimed composer Richard Marvin (U-571, Six Feet Under, Surrogates) crafts a spellbinding musical experience that is an indispensable part of this thrilling series about a homicide detective who discovers he's a descendant of hunters who fight supernatural forces. Supervised by the composer, this collection brings together music score highlights from both the first and second seasons of this fan-favorite program. CD Booklet includes exclusive, in-depth liner notes. Grimm, now entering its third season, airs on NBC.

The first 100 or so customers who order directly through www.lalalandrecords.com will receive a composer signed booklet at no extra charge. Quantities are limited and you are not guaranteed a signed booklet.

PET SEMETARY
Music by Elliot Goldenthal
LLLCD 1294
Limited Edition of 2000 units
Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Dan Goldwasser
Mastered by Doug Schwartz
Liner notes by John Takis
Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

Paramount Pictures and La-La Land Records unleash more spooky thrills in the month of October with Elliot Goldenthal’s classic PET SEMETARY. Haunting and memorable, this newly remastered and expanded cd features 30 minutes of previously unreleased music. Liner notes by John Takis take the listener behind the scenes of this Stephen King adaptation with exclusive comments by composer Elliot Goldenthal. Spooky art direction by Dan Goldwasser adds to the chills of this modern day horror classic! This long out of print Varese cd finally comes back to life! Sometimes dead is NOT better!

And last but not least…

Da Vinci’s Demons Collector’s Edition 2 cd set
Music by Bear McCreary
Retail Price: $21.98

360 SIGNED UNITS ONLY

Bear McCreary’s sweeping orchestral score for Da Vinci's Demons, featuring the Emmy® Award-winning Main Title Theme, was meticulously researched to accurately represent the time period, without being bound to it. The score combines orchestra, Renaissance instrumentation, choir and ethnic soloists with the renowned Calder Quartet and surging contemporary synthesis. “For Da Vinci's Demons, I looked to the real-life Leonardo for inspiration. He famously wrote backwards and forwards, so I decided to write music for him in the same way," said McCreary. "I wanted to write the Main Theme as a musical palindrome, so it sounds the same whether played forwards or backwards. The challenge was to balance that intellectual idea with the dramatic needs of the story. I think the end result works beautifully and would make Da Vinci proud." This Collector's Edition double CD features 12 bonus tracks not available on the digital album.

Like the previous Europa Report release, La-La Land Records has been allotted 360 composer signed copies of this 2 cd set. Once they are sold out, they are gone for good from La-La Land Records.

Regular, unsigned editions can be purchased at www.amazon.com

See y'all back here next Tuesday Oct 22, 1-2103 at 12 pm pst

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have any idea what today's Facebook post is all about? An 8 disc boxset 4 years in the making has finally "approved" and off for manufacture.

MV already posted in June that Police Academy is a 1CD release of just the first score and has catalog number 1269. Last week he posted that 1269 was the second Black Friday approved, so...

Do we have any idea what today's Facebook post is all about? An 8 disc boxset 4 years in the making has finally "approved" and off for manufacture.

8 discs.... 8 Potter films...

Trying to curb my excitement, because that cannot be what it is.

8 discs.... 8 Potter films...

Trying to curb my excitement, because that cannot be what it is.

The first three Potter scores would cover at least six discs by themselves, but I think it's more likely to be Lethal Weapon or a TV series.

More likely some tv series.

Yeap. Unless there is some Friday the 13th type of score series they are releasing. But Potters or SW is just wishful thinking.

Baywatch the complete recordings?

Karolo

Ooooh! I can hear the 200 different alternate versions of the main title song!

MV already stated that big franchises like SW, Indy and HP are prohibitive for a small label like LLL. The studios keep those for themselves and license them only to major record companies at the highest bidding possible.

I had a feeling it would be Days Of Thunder.

Next Tuesday, Nov 5, 2013 at 12 pm NOON pst La-La Land Records is honored to be releasing 2 WORLD PREMIERE soundtracks by two of our favorite composers:

First up:
RESTLESS
MUSIC BY DANNY ELFMAN
LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS
LLLCD 1274
RETAIL PRCE: $19.98

PRODUCED BY DANNY ELFMAN
MASTERED BY PATRICIA SULLVIVAN AT BERNIE GRUNDMAN MASTERING
LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING
ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment present the world premiere release of Danny Elfman’s score to the 2011 Gus Van Sant dark quirky romantic drama RESTLESS. Scored much in the style of MILK and TAKING WOODSTOCK, this quaint, beautiful little score tugs at the heart strings as well as tickles the funny bone. It’s the story of a terminally ill teenage girl falls for a boy who likes to attend funerals. New interview with director Gus Van Sant are a highlight in the detailed liner notes by Tim Greiving. Dan Goldwasser’s lovely art direction round out the package.

BONUS OFFER: If you purchase RESTLESS directly through the La-La Land Records website you will receive, at absolutely NO CHARGE, a FREE COPY of Danny Elfman’s score to TAKING WOODSTOCK. PLEASE NOTE: Supplies are limited and you are not guaranteed a copy of Taking Woodstock.

Next up:

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM……………………..

DAYS OF THUNDER
MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER
LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
LLLCD 1290
RETAIL PRICE $19.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER
MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC
LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING
ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Supervised by film producer Jerry Bruckheimer and star Tom Cruise, and dedicated to the memory of the late great director Tony Scott, Han’s Zimmer’s racing epic DAYS OF THUNDER makes its world premiere release on CD! Clocking in at over 70 minutes, and featuring a number of bonus tracks as well as the song “The Last Note of Freedom” by David Coverdale, fans of that awesome late 80’s/early 90’s Zimmer sound have to wait no longer as this adrenaline fueled, supercharged Zimmer CLASSIC finally makes its way on CD! Gorgeous art direction by Dan Goldwasser and in depth liner notes by Tim Greiving complement this fantastic, long overdue release! Fascinating, behind the scenes stories by producer Jerry Bruckheimer and star Tom Cruise are a true highlight of this package. Race to grab your copy today!

See y’all next Tuesday, Nov 5, 2013 at 12 pm pst

I have never seen Days of Thunder or heard a note of the score, but MV told me that since I love Zimmer's The Rock and Crimson Tides score, that I will like this one, so consider it ordered!

I doubt they needed his permission to release this.

Is it true Mark Mancina composed additional music for this? IMDB doesn't credit him, but I heard he did (and that he cues weren't included in the boot, which was just Zimmer's cues)

I have never seen Days of Thunder or heard a note of the score, but MV told me that since I love Zimmer's The Rock and Crimson Tides score, that I will like this one, so consider it ordered!

well, you can listen to it in youtube to get an idea.

Here's the main titles:

He has more clout than you might think. He scraped Varese's release of It's Complicated, cut it down to 6 cues, and released it digitally. He also doesn't want Rain Man released, which is why Perseverance wasn't able to get a hold of any substantial masters for their release of the score. I remember him saying something similar about Days Of Thunder.

Well the press release says the liner notes contain new interviews with Jerry Bruckheimer and Tom Cruise, so they were involved at least. I'm sure it will be a fantastic release