Jurassic Park, teaser trailer music

BoFan

Hi everybody! :rolleyes:

I recently discovered the very first teaser trailer of Jurassic Park. Does anyone know what is the music they used? I wondered if it has been written especially by John Williams since it fits very well, or if it comes from another film soundtrack. Anyone has an idea?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link!

However, it appears that they have no information for the teaser. I listened to the music they list for the tv spot and the theatrical trailer, and none of them correspond.

The teaser I'm thinking about is this one ->

I understand that it was a piece especially composed by J.W. for the trailer, rather like his trailer music for "A.I.", and the teaser trailer for "1941".

funnily you left out the three officially released ones : none but the brave, hook and philosopher's stone.

I understand that it was a piece especially composed by J.W. for the trailer, rather like his trailer music for "A.I.", and the teaser trailer for "1941".

funnily you left out the three officially released ones : none but the brave, hook and philosopher's stone.

You are quite right, I had forgotten about these. In my defence ("D-FENS!") Hook is the Prologue (c.d., track one) and Harry Stoned And The Philosopher's pot is not on the c.d. If you listen carefully to the d.v.d., you will hear that it is not culled, or edited from existing material, but an original arrangement of the main themes.

Harry Stoned And The Philosopher's pot is not on the c.d. If you listen carefully to the d.v.d., you will hear that it is not culled, or edited from existing material, but an original arrangement of the main themes.

I really want this released .It's my favourite version of Hedwig's Theme. The second part is played more majestically than on the c.d.

I had never heard the 1941 teaser music!!!

Nick the music by JW in that A.I. trailer is from 0.30 onwards

I like that the brass fanfares are played slower,more deliberately ,and at 1.15 there's a full orchestral rendition of the A theme that's not found anywhere else

I like that the brass fanfares are played slower,more deliberately

Just sounds slightly sloppier to me. :flameblob:

at 1.15 there's a full orchestral rendition of the A theme that's not found anywhere else

Well, that's just patently false. There's a horn statement of the Nimbus 2000 theme right there, and it can be heard in the film recording. It even lasts longer! Unless, of course, you're working from a complete bootleg with different track timings or something, in which case you oughta PM me! :ola:

So John Williams has written the music for these teaser.

Thanks for your replies!

Hello

The music for the JURASSIC PARK teaser trailer was written by David Bergeaud (Earth 2, Prince Valiant).

Where did you come up with that? Can you please cite your source of info because the music were talking about is full of typical John Williams flourishes and orchestrations

• 2 weeks later...