Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Damn you, John Williams the guitarist!

Mercy, can we talk here about the one and only John Williams that matters.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What about sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order?

Yeah, alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, the education, the irrigation, the vineculture, public 'ealth, the roads, the fresh water system, the baths, and public order...what has the music of John Williams ever done for us?

Oh dear, are we going to have an all-out war against the John Williams Fan Association? We can unite with the Network of John Williams Fans before stabbing them in the back, those treacherous bastards!

54 minutes ago, Richard said:

Yeah, alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, the education, the irrigation, the vineculture, public 'ealth, the roads, the fresh water system, the baths, and public order...what has the music of John Williams ever done for us?

He's given us great music?

2 hours ago, Holko said:

Oh dear, are we going to have an all-out war against the John Williams Fan Association? We can unite with the Network of John Williams Fans before stabbing them in the back, those treacherous bastards!

"John Williams Fan Association"?

Fuck off! We're The Association Of John Williams Fans!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Anyway, I ordered the Midway re-recording from Amazon.it, but what I got was the original JW conducted recording. Which is the best? It annoys me that the original has two tracks in inferior sound.

You got the Varese Sarabande 2011 CD by "error"?

p_vcl10111124.jpg

Midway [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (1976) (2011, Varèse Sarabande CD Club, VCL 1011 1124; Williams/Ragland)

Prologue / Main Title; Yamamoto's Choice; Signal Corps Con; Yamamoto's Second Meeting; Hiroshima Harbor; Haruko's Dilemma; By Order Of Nimitz; Canceling Operation K; Strawberry 5; Missing The Flatlands; Morning Of The Battle; Scout 4; Ensign Gay Afloat; Burning Carriers; Crash Landing; Good News For The Nimitz; Matt Takes Off / Matt's Crash / Red Parks Fighters / Attack Begins; End Credits; The Men Of The Yorktown March; Midway March. Previously unreleased original score.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yes. I ordered the Varese Midway re-recording conducted by Rick Wentworth, but got the Varese release of the original score recording conducted by JW. I guess Amazon was confused by identical titles and labels. :)

F*** you!!!

It's out of print now and I'm unable to find it!!! :o

By "error".

pffff

Actually both are out of print, but the re-recording is usually more expensive on the second-hand market.

I see they now got it on Amazon.de (it's probably not the re-recording):

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00002420T/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

:)

Those first two horrific Pirates OSTs are what got me into looking for bootlegs and recording sessions. I don't think I ever even bothered to listen to a single track of the third one.

The third one is definitely the best score and I think it's a great OST presentation as well. 

I'd be happy to buy expansions of them. (I have bootlegs but I think when I have a bootleg and enjoy the score it's only fair that I buy the OST too). 

I'm waiting on the World's End to arrive in the post and I'll order Stranger Tides next month to complete the collection. 

I have my successful bootleg edits as well, but I'd buy complete releases of the first 3 in a heartbeat. The third one's definitely the best score, but after I abandoned my old lossy edits and redid everything from lossless sources, my appreciation for the first one grew by a mile.

Surely tired of reading I was looking for "Midway", @Jurassic Shark has driven me to crime.

Midway CHECK!

R-9387406-1479668159-8966.jpeg.jpg

Do you want to hear a good joke?

Amazon just sent me an email, they recommend me to buy the score of "Rogue One".

Targeted marketing they say... Ha Ha Ha.

My copy of The Post arrived, a sizeable crack on the front from ironically poor handling in the post. Going to see if I can pick up a replacement. You pay extra for physical items, so when I get cranky that my CD case is damaged it's because I bought a product and not a digital download!