Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

...and FANTASIA, dude!

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

Look the nice place I made for my new CD to come.

@Richard You can't say nothing about this pic, nothing is missing from that period (well I think!)

IMG_2368.JPG

As long as it's MONSIGNOR.

Where's HEARTBEEPS, and POPS IN SPACE, and AISLE SEAT, and POPS ON BROADWAY, and the Varese Sarabande VIOLIN/FLUTE CONCERTI, and AMERICA THE DREAM GOES ON, and AMAZING STORIES (OST, or RSNO), and the '85 recording of the TUBA CONCERTO?

:P

1 hour ago, Richard said:

...and FANTASIA, dude!

As long as it's MONSIGNOR.

Where's HEARTBEEPS, and POPS IN SPACE, and AISLE SEAT, and POPS ON BROADWAY, and the Varese Sarabande VIOLIN/FLUTE CONCERTI, and AMERICA THE DREAM GOES ON, and AMAZING STORIES (OST, or RSNO), and the '85 recording of the TUBA CONCERTO?

:P

I don't mix the soundtracks and the other albums. Heartbeeps... I completely forgot this one!

One day, I imagine that the two only missings soundtracks in my collection will be Heartbeeps and Images. :sarcasm:

Amazing Stories, I wait for a reissue or a collection featuring only JW's music. I'm not really into TV soundtracks... 

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Looks like a 1995 CD cover that comes free with a magazine. 

That is apparently the Chandos artistic direction. All their re-recording covers look more or less like that. But it is not the cover but the music that counts, right?

7 hours ago, Richard said:

That's a good one @Incanus , that's a damn good one.

I already bought the complete score re-recording of the Scott of the Antarctica by Martin Yates and RSNO

7340k.jpg

so I thought to check out the 40 minute suite plus Coastal Command and The People's Land while I was at it. These BBC Philharmonic/Rumon Gamba re-recordings are usually pretty ace.

10 minutes ago, Incanus said:

That is apparently the Chandos artistic direction. All their re-recording covers look more or less like that. But it is not the cover but the music that counts, right?

I already bought the complete score re-recording of the Scott of the Antarctica by Martin Yates and RSNO

7340k.jpg

so I thought to check out the 40 minute suite plus Coastal Command and The People's Land while I was at it. These BBC Philharmonic/Rumon Gamba re-recordings are usually pretty ace.

I recently bought both of these albums and yet to play them though.

You will be in for a treat. The score is a classic and the new re-recording flows superbly considering how short some of the film cues are. The music has such evocative feel to it, full of wind, snow and cold majesty of the ice combined with ominous strains of doom that shadow the ill-fated expedition and some welcome lovely lighter interludes, a film score that stands very well on its own two feet on album in suite and complete form.

The Chandos is great, and not just for the SCOTT... suite.

The Complete Score is also great, and played well, but don't expect much in the way of full 5.1 sound. It's more like stereo, with rear speaker bleeding. This does not, in any way, take anything away from the music. Both are brilliant entries, from England's finest.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

The Chandos is great, and not just for the SCOTT... suite.

The Complete Score is also great, and played well, but don't expect much in the way of full 5.1 sound. It's more like stereo, with rear speaker bleeding. This does not, in any way, take anything away from the music. Both are brilliant entries, from England's finest.

Coastal Command is another fascinating suite I'm looking forward to since I had heard the 'U-Boat Alert' cue on another compilation cd a decade ago.

10 hours ago, Amer said:

Coastal Command is another fascinating suite I'm looking forward to since I had heard the 'U-Boat Alert' cue on another compilation cd a decade ago.

The Dawn Patrol (Quiet Determination) cue from Costal Command is glorious.  If I were not already English, it is music that would make me wish that I were.

5 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Happy waiting!

I am not even really waiting, but when it comes out, I will be happy to be able to grab it easily. Haven't bought SpaceCamp yet.

But to be honest, I would buy Heartbeeps in a heartbeep if it was available for a decent prize.

2 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

@Bespin What else are you missing other than Images?

Here's today's used haul:

IMG_20180207_161313_edit.jpg

This recording of Laura's theme is fantastic. I first heard it late one evening just before going to bed. Pure magic!

45 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

@Bespin What else are you missing other than Images?

Oh many things... Dracula, Towering Inferno (I bought the original album from iTunes), Earthquake, Poseidon Adventure, The Reviers, The Cowboys... for those I think I don't have choice to wait for reissues. Many scores from 60's too. About Images, I will wait for a CD reissue too.

Actually, on my target there is Cinderella Libery and None for the brave.

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Oh many things... Dracula, Towering Inferno (I bought the original album from iTunes), Earthquake, Poseidon Adventure, The Reviers, The Cowboys... for those I think I don't have choice to wait for reissues. Many scores from 60's too.

It's None but the Brave. Why should the brave get nothing? That makes no sense. :D

Btw, I know where you can get it.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hey, @Bespin isn't GLORIA...er...glorious?!

It's actually one of my all-time top-5 JW tracks.

I melt every time the orchestra comes back in, at 03:35. Now that's music!

I'm not usually a fan of organ and the beginnig of this cue is maybe a little too dramatic for my taste... I love gentle music.

I'm not an expert of "Thomas and the King" (that I dislike), but this track makes me think a little bit of it.

Yes, from 03:35 the track concludes to a brillant finale.

New copies of Batman'66 and Superman (Rhino). My current copies seemed to have gotten scratched and hard to play all of a sudden. 

Sadly my Wind and the Lion from Intrada won't work at all but can't afford a new copy. Sort of like having 'hard' copies even though I rip them to laptop or my phone. Debating whether to send them off to get fixed.

27 minutes ago, Bespin said:

@Strangways You can't even encode them in WAV using a software like EAC?  It has a very usefull error correction tool.

I don't think I can. Trying to rip my Wind and Lion disc froze up the media player. Wouldn't mind but the cost of the disc to begin with. :mellow:

On 07 February 2018 at 5:12 PM, Bespin said:

Oh many things... Dracula, Towering Inferno (I bought the original album from iTunes), Earthquake, Poseidon Adventure, The Reviers, The Cowboys... for those I think I don't have choice to wait for reissues. Many scores from 60's too. About Images, I will wait for a CD reissue too.

Since you bought Towering Inferno on iTunes, why don't you pick up The Cowboys there too (since it seems Varese holds that one in perpetuity)?

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Since you bought Towering Inferno on iTunes, why don't you pick up The Cowboys there too (since it seems Varese holds that one in perpetuity)?

For a reason or another, The Cowboys was already on my hard drive... but Towering Inferno OST, no. I hope it answer your question... :huh: