Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

26 minutes ago, Richard said:

Which finger, eh? Your husband might not be too pleased (ooh, naughty! :lol:).

:o

The next step will be "Not with my wife you don't", so I will finally own the band of the 6, the 6 firsts OSTs of John Williams!

1960 Checkmate
1962 Diamond Head
1966 How to Steal a Million
1966 Not With My Wife, You Don't
1966 Penelope
1967 Fitzwilly

28 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Only a finger... not too bad!

You know the soundtrack collecting hobby. First it innocently demands your little finger, then it eventually takes the whole hand.

The new Empire "remaster" is a perfect example of the soundtrack industry biting the hand that feeds it.

7 minutes ago, Bespin said:

The next step will be "Not with my wife you don't", so I will finally own the band of the 6, the 6 firsts OSTs of John Williams!

1960 Checkmate
1962 Diamond Head
1966 Penelope
1967 Fitzwilly

Remember to get both the original OST album and Vol. 2 from Film Score Monthly.

29 minutes ago, Bespin said:

1960 Checkmate
1962 Diamond Head
1966 Penelope
1967 Fitzwilly

Which one of these do you like the most? My favorite is without a doubt Fitzwilly!

10 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

Got this on eBay for $30 in the original shrinkwrap. Literally $1.50 per disc. Freakin’ great!

Wow, amazing deal!

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Which one of these do you like the most? My favorite is without a doubt Fitzwilly!

I don't rank anymore, I love them all!

I've been a fan of Paul Smith and Oliver Wallace's works forever, and I actually had no idea Intrada released this! I just came across it in the shop looking up something else. 

I'm quite grateful Disney's preserved a lot of those scores (I was listening to Pinocchio recently, and was shocked it sounded pretty excellent for its age), though it's a shame a lot of the shorts scores are presumably gone. This stuff pretty much accounts for 40% of the reason I got into music.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:19 AM, kaseykockroach said:

Recently bought 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Paul J. Smith and Young Sherlock Holmes by Bruce Broughton! 

YSH is one of my favourites :-)

Picked up Interstellar today in my local retailer because they had just got it in as a special import, it's the standard gatefold/digipack version. I'd been meaning to get it for some time but I'm not willing to shell out a small fortune to buy the illuminated set with the bonus cues, so the standards fine for now.

The liner notes featuring the story from Zimmer are neat, it sounds like he had a great time scoring the film with Nolan and getting to record it in London with the organ segments.

Interstellar is one of the few scores of recent years that I've felt has been an absolute driving force for the film it accompanied, the rising tension and release of splendor are major draws for this score, Zimmer is able to marry it so well with the visuals.

I've pre-ordered Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and looking forward to getting to sink my teeth into them.

10 minutes ago, crocodile said:

CowboysDeluxe_2048x2048.jpg?v=1528915883

Great choice! Other than the (concert) Overture and the theme for Bruce Dern's character, my favorite moment has always been this:

So bubbly, carefree, and a great testament to John Williams' lasting status as one of the greats. When I would play with my friends back in high school, like in a field, this would often play in my head.

Just found out George Clinton came out with his latest album a few weeks ago! Cha-ching!

Also, don't have pictures, but was able to pick up Sleepers and the Gerhardt Star Wars/Close Encounters from a local music store. Good music purchase day!

Ordered!!!

1 NOT WITH MY WIFE, YOU DON'T VOL. 2    
1 NOT WITH MY WIFE, YOU DON'T! / ANY WEDNESDAY    
1 THE COWBOYS: THE DELUXE EDITION (3000 EDITION)

Recently received:

Heartbeeps (found a decent-price copy at last)

Godzilla Vs Megaguirus, Oshima

Anastasia, A Newman

Runaway, Goldsmith

Overdue from seller:

Wings of the Dove, Shearmur

Seeming to be a bit slow from the seller:

The Cowboys Deluxe Edition

On their way:

Dennis the Menace, Goldsmith (well, it was only two quid so I thought I'd give it a go)

Navajo Joe, Morricone

The Naked Face / Unman, Wittering and Zigo, Lewis

Haunted Honeymoon, Morris

Frankenstein Unbound, C Davis

On 6/19/2018 at 11:14 PM, Jay said:

Ordered directly from Varese

35622.jpg 35623.jpg 34733.jpg 33063.jpg

Nice batch! It should be obligatory for Varese to include at least one Goldsmith release in every new batch.

• 2 weeks later...