No, that’s my duvet cover.

It’s the Cd. It’s a digipack though so the Cd isn’t touching cardboard 

I don’t think my John Williams’ collection is as extensive as the rest of you 

747ECCE8-7C78-4B5D-92FC-8CC232FC7AFF.jpeg

5C09C5D4-B912-4D57-986C-F98A42BF0E0E.jpeg

E008E66E-088B-47A2-853A-D06B7426F78B.jpeg

It's a good collection!

2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Is it worth the trip for soundtrack collectors? 

There's some stuff, but this time I didn't even browse the whole section. When it comes to soundtracks, at least not recent ones, I either already have what I want or I don't because I'd rather wait for a remaster/expansion. 

On 11/3/2018 at 12:44 AM, Bilbo said:

Bilbo, are those Indy CDs in the jewel cases US or EU/UK issues? I've been after those for a while. I've got the box with the digipaks.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:44 PM, Bilbo said:

You really like TFA!

;)

Looks like he didn't know the Target exclusive release was just a cardboard slipcover, no need to buy the digipak one again.

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Bilbo, are those Indy CDs in the jewel cases US or EU/UK issues? I've been after those for a while. I've got the box with the digipaks.

They are jewel cases I bought in Belfast. I’m afraid I wouldn’t know much about the different version to tell you more. 

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You really like TFA!

;)

I’m not that mad on it but it was a time when I was buying everything and anything with a Star Wars logo on it. 

11 hours ago, Bilbo said:

They are jewel cases I bought in Belfast. I’m afraid I wouldn’t know much about the different version to tell you more. 

Well, if you look on the back it usually says "Manufactured in the EU" or "USA" in the fine print.

The top one is US, bottom is EU. Not sure but it seems the EU may be a jewel case

8107MPqc9iL._SX679_.jpg

71q-ILgb8FL._SL1500_.jpg

9 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Well, if you look on the back it usually says "Manufactured in the EU" or "USA" in the fine print.

The top one is US, bottom is EU. Not sure but it seems the EU may be a jewel case

8107MPqc9iL._SX679_.jpg

71q-ILgb8FL._SL1500_.jpg

Mine say made in the EU and all three and jewel cases 

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

What about the program? A 40 minute vinyl has always been destined to be a crappy representation of the score's brilliance.

Temple's one of those cases where the OST's too short and the complete score gets obnoxious pretty fast. A 53-minute balance is needed!

Though even then, I'm starting to prefer King Solomon's Mines lately when I need my adventurin' fix.

3 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Temple's one of those cases where the OST's too short and the complete score gets obnoxious pretty fast. A 53-minute balance is needed!

What the hell?! It's one of the cases where not a single cue is superfluous, like The Lost World.

13 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

What about the program? A 40 minute vinyl has always been destined to be a crappy representation of the score's brilliance.

Those are great albums. I'll take it to the grave.

I just listened to a 68-minute Christmas score four times in a row without getting sick of it, I know when a score can hold itself together at super long length! And brother, Temple of Doom just ain't one of em', see?

8 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

At first glance, I thought all those lines were cracks on the case! I was about to express my sympathies that you got ripped off!

It's not the case that he got ripped off by....;)

On Temple of Doom I had a long phase where I never listened to it, thinking that that majority of the score was annoying. I've definitely come around on it, but I think the Concord program is nigh-perfect: great cues like Retrieving the Stones (or whatever) filling out the oppressive atmosphere for the Temple scenes, while still feeling limber.

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

What the hell?! It's one of the cases where not a single cue is superfluous, like The Lost World.

I don't think it's about any cue feeling superfluous, more just that I don't feel the need or desire to hear all of them on an album.

I think the first three Indy scores all had very good albums in terms of content and selection, Last Crusade being the worst.

49 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

I don't think it's about any cue feeling superfluous, more just that I don't feel the need or desire to hear all of them on an album.

I think the first three Indy scores all had very good albums in terms of content and selection, Last Crusade being the worst.

I think the three Concorde 75-minute albums are a great selection for the masses (minus the pitch issues). I, however, want every cue of each of the three scores, because they're that good in my view.

54 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Are you referring to the OST albums?

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Are you referring to the OST albums?

Indeed; even before seeing this post I realized that I needed to clarify.

9 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

think the three Concorde 75-minute albums are a great selection for the masses

Why use that qualifier?

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Then I agree with you, Thor!

I know you're being somewhat facetious, but I will say that overall I prefer the Concord presentations to the OSTs with the exception of Raiders of the Lost Ark: get Bad Dates offa there! I know I bring it up all the time, but it's my number one go-to example of "Do you want a score release to be complete and chronological 'cause you want to listen to every cue in the score, or do you just want to say the release is complete?"

3 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

I know you're being somewhat facetious, but I will say that overall I prefer the Concord presentations to the OSTs with the exception of Raiders of the Lost Ark: get Bad Dates offa there! I know I bring it up all the time, but it's my number one go-to example of "Do you want a score release to be complete and chronological 'cause you want to listen to every cue in the score, or do you just want to say the release is complete?"

I actually find the expanded releases for this franchise to be too long. But the OSTs aren't perfect either, especially the atrocious sound on Raiders.