Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

Memphis Belle -- Fenton

Somewhere in Time -- Barry

Symphony 10 - New England Triptych - American Festival Overture William Schuman (conducted by Leonard Slatkin)

And just arrived a couple hours ago:

El Cid -- Rozsa (Tadlow Re-recording)

;) Entry of the Nobles

Awesome.

TOY STORY/TOY STORY 2. Bargains from Amazon.

Good purchases.

The Fury came in today, all smashed and with the WRONG version of the accompanying purchased soundtrack. Don't you hate it when sellers list the wrong damn information?

Got BTTF today (YAY), as well as another copy of Wrath of Khan as a Christmas gift for a friend. Also got The Princess and the Frog. Think I'm gonna hold off listening to it until I see the film. But something funny about it: the inner plastic piece of the case is black, not clear like most are today—but the back insert is designed for a clear case. Gotta wonder if it was just a manufacturing error, or some kind of last minute decision.

Intriguing. Just as I complain there isn't enough quality E Bernstein on album, here comes some more.

I swear that during "The Fugitives" that they're going to start playing a National Geographic special.

I finally got copy of The Lost World! I love it!

You only now got it?!

That score rocks way more than original JP.

Both rock in their own ways.

May favourite moment in LW is probably that "piano slam" in The Hunt. Back when it came out (the week after I graduated school), I ranked this as the best soundtrack of all times. ;)

I finally got copy of The Lost World! I love it!

You only now got it?!

I used to have it illegally-digitally, but since this score was gradually getting out of the market, I finally mobilized myself to purchase it.

I could only see myself paying that much for a CD (or several CDs) if it was something I really desired and I was basically forced to pay such a ludicrous amount. Like, say, Hook the complete and glorious recording sessions from the hands of a very desperate/bankrupt Steven Spielberg. So basically an insane circumstance that would never occur. The Fury is a score I like, but I didn't like it enough to buy the limited edition CD set when it was available for a reasonable price. Now that the time has passed, I am unwilling to spend much more than the original value for it. It's just not that important to me. I'm lucky to own other supposed rare scores that demand higher values such as Jaws 2, Dracula and the Home Alone 2 Deluxe Edition. But I bought those when they were available because I really wanted them. Jaws 2 and Dracula are from record stores.

Anyway, Summon The Heroes arrived today. $0.99 on eBay. Eh, it's okay so far. The performances haven't been particularly inspiring. The recording is a bit flat? I dislike how Williams replaced the original intro to his Olympic Fanfare with Bugler's Dream. If I wanted to listen to Bugler's Dream, John, I would do so. I want to hear that awesome intro of yours.

Anyway, Summon The Heroes arrived today. $0.99 on eBay. Eh, it's okay so far. The performances haven't been particularly inspiring. The recording is a bit flat? I dislike how Williams replaced the original intro to his Olympic Fanfare with Bugler's Dream. If I wanted to listen to Bugler's Dream, John, I would do so. I want to hear that awesome intro of yours.

I absolutely love that recording of his Olympic Fanfare, even with Bugler's Theme at the beginning. The trombones in that final chord...amazing.

Received The Fugitive today, and ordered Michael Giacchino's Medal Of Honor: Frontline in like new condition from Amazon Marketplace for $31. It wasn't there yesterday when I checked. Finally I can own the CD for a semi-reasonable price.

I absolutely love that recording of his Olympic Fanfare, even with Bugler's Theme at the beginning. The trombones in that final chord...amazing.

I love that recording, and that album. Summon the Heroes itself is probably Williams' best Olympic piece, with some awesome counterpoint writing in the march section. And Parade of the Charioteers puts Rozsa's own recording to shame. Great sound, too.

I'm about to place my next SAE order - and the previous one hasn't even arrived yet.

One-third of my MovieMusic order arrived yesterday, an album from 1996 that never went OOP. The other two albums, Innerspace and The Fugitive, have not arrived for anyone.

I'm really impressed the order was split like that.

Karajan conducts Beethoven - the box of 6 CDs containing all Beethoven's symphonies and overtures. Just listening to my favourite, the 7th as I type - magnificent. I like to compare Karajan's fantastic body of work with the magnificent Berliner Philharmoniker to Williams' fantastic body of work with the magnificent London Symphony Orchestra. ROTFLMAO

Can someone PLEASE do me a huge favour, I'll be eternally grateful ROTFLMAO

I've just attempted to purchase an mp3 from Amazon USA, but I was frustratingly informed by the site that the track I wanted is basically outside of their licensing rights - they're unable to provide the mp3 to the UK. The track in question is a superb instrumental of I Dreamed a Dream by JW and the Boston Pops. After searching high and low for it I am absolutely certain that it is unavailable for purchase in the UK, as an mp3 - indeed the whole album which the track is taken from is not available in mp3 format at all in the UK, annoyingly so, since there are actually a few good tracks on it I'd like.

Music of the Night: Pops on Broadway 1990

So my begging question is will someone here who resides in the USA be willing to purchase the track for me?

As thanks, I shall provide in return any two tracks from iTunes or Amazon. Either that or supply iTunes credits.

Will someone help me?

Karajan conducts Beethoven - the box of 6 CDs containing all Beethoven's symphonies and overtures. Just listening to my favourite, the 7th as I type - magnificent. I like to compare Karajan's fantastic body of work with the magnificent Berliner Philharmoniker to Williams' fantastic body of work with the magnificent London Symphony Orchestra. ROTFLMAO

I have that same box set! I truly love his rendition of Egmont Overture - my favorite Beethoven overture and among my very favorite of all his works.

Karajan conducts Beethoven - the box of 6 CDs containing all Beethoven's symphonies and overtures. Just listening to my favourite, the 7th as I type - magnificent. I like to compare Karajan's fantastic body of work with the magnificent Berliner Philharmoniker to Williams' fantastic body of work with the magnificent London Symphony Orchestra. ;)

I have that same box set! I truly love his rendition of Egmont Overture - my favorite Beethoven overture and among my very favorite of all his works.

Assuming these are the 60s (some perhaps early 70s) recordings, I have all the symphonies except No. 9 and the overtures on individual discs from my earliest collecting days. And I agree about the awesomeness of the 7th. :P

Can someone PLEASE do me a huge favour, I'll be eternally grateful :P

I've just attempted to purchase an mp3 from Amazon USA, but I was frustratingly informed by the site that the track I wanted is basically outside of their licensing rights - they're unable to provide the mp3 to the UK. The track in question is a superb instrumental of I Dreamed a Dream by JW and the Boston Pops. After searching high and low for it I am absolutely certain that it is unavailable for purchase in the UK, as an mp3 - indeed the whole album which the track is taken from is not available in mp3 format at all in the UK, annoyingly so, since there are actually a few good tracks on it I'd like.

Music of the Night: Pops on Broadway 1990

So my begging question is will someone here who resides in the USA be willing to purchase the track for me?

As thanks, I shall provide in return any two tracks from iTunes or Amazon. Either that or supply iTunes credits.

Will someone help me?

You want the whole album or just the one track?

It's pretty damn good, actually. Though I'm partial to the one on By Request with that original intro, which is one of JW's most badass moments. The versions with Bugler's Dream at the start are basically neutered. The standout track of this CD is Olympic Spirit. Wow!

The Chariots of Fire theme was disappointing. It's much better on the Aisle Seat album, which I consider JW's best re-recorded piece by another composer. Overall the Summon The Heroes CD is OKAY. Certainly worth the few bucks I paid for it. My favorite material is undoubtedly the three JW-composed tracks, although I already had Summon The Heroes on the superior American Journey CD and the Olympic Fanfare on that By Request Boston Pops CD. Worth it just for the Olympic Spirit? Hell yes.