Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I ordered the Lost in Space 40th Anniversary set from La La Land. 10 bucks and a classic gap in my JW library is filled.

I've gotta say, that's probably the most boring JW set I own. The only tracks I find myself returning to are the several main themes. But I know some other people here really like it, so you may. And for 10 bucks for a limited edition 2 CD set, you can't really go wrong.

I ordered the Lost in Space 40th Anniversary set from La La Land. 10 bucks and a classic gap in my JW library is filled.

Just $10? Wow.

I ordered Munich. This is my 200th soundtrack, so I chose Munich because I think it fills the biggest hole in my John Williams collection, for several reasons:

1. It's the only officially released Williams/Spielberg collaboration that I don't own.

2. It's the only officially released Williams score of the new millenium.

3. It's the score that, along with Memoirs of a Geisha, earned Williams his 45th Oscar nomination, tying him with Alfred Newman as most Oscar nominated composer.

Woooh! :P

I also bought The Music of Timothy Mahr as well as the following individual pieces from Amazon:

Exultate

Fantasia in G Major (Bach)

Sursum Corda

Ballad for Band

Short Ride in a Fast Machine

Barnum and Bailey's Favorite

The Gum-Suckers March

Festive Overture

I performed and recorded Mahr's Fantasia in G about 2 years ago at my college, awesome piece with some neat variations on Beethoven's theme from the 9th symphony. If you want to hear our recording of it just let me know.

I ordered Munich. This is my 200th soundtrack, so I chose Munich because I think it fills the biggest hole in my John Williams collection, for several reasons:

1. It's the only officially released Williams/Spielberg collaboration that I don't own.

3. It's the score that, along with Memoirs of a Geisha, earned Williams his 45th Oscar nomination, tying him with Alfred Newman as most Oscar nominated composer.

Woooh! :ola:

Woooh! indeed. And do you memorize how many soundtracks you own? :P I would never remember the number.

Still no Back To The Future yet though..... :huh:

I'm also still waiting, already since December 7th. On 23rd, SAE announced that they have it back in stock, so I really hope they ship my complete order in the week before the 31st ... I won't receive it before the New Year anyway ...

Judgment Night

Russkies

Back to the Future

In Search of Peace

Transylvania 6-5000/Korgoth of Barbaria

Innerspace

The Fugitive

Inglourious Basterds

Sky Bandits

Tango & Cash

Terror Tract

The Red Canvas

Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer

Up

Thank you MovieMusic for the $1 shipping (except for Sky Bandits which I got from Amazon Marketplace, UP which was an MP3 download from Amazon and Inglourious Basterds which I got from Target bundled with the movie)!

I performed and recorded Mahr's Fantasia in G about 2 years ago at my college, awesome piece with some neat variations on Beethoven's theme from the 9th symphony. If you want to hear our recording of it just let me know.

That'd be great! Thanks. :)

Woooh! :ola:

Woooh! indeed. And do you memorize how many soundtracks you own? :P I would never remember the number.

:lol: I was bored one day so I made a list of all the soundtracks I owned.

Barnum and Bailey's Favorite

:thumbup:

Outstandingly fun piece of music to play in band.

I can imagine!

The only CD I got for Christmas was Jerry Goldsmith's Freud, which is on the way. I did, however get a boatload of DVDs:

The Hudsucker Proxy

Mr. Holland's Opus

Batman: The Animated Series - Volume Four

The Three Stooges Collection - Volume One

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (The Cocoanuts, Animal Crackers, Monkey Business, Horse Feathers, Duck Soup)

Tron 2-disc 20th Anniversary Edition (which I bought for myself with some leftover Christmas cash)

Wow! KM was right , TOD is amazing , goes easily to my top 3 of JW music.

It is also refreshing to hear some real music after seeing Avatar and some other mediocre stuff musicwise.

Saving Willie is the best cue I have heard in many years , made me cry.

Wait 'til you get to Last Crusade. ;)

I ordered A Beautiful Mind and The Princess and the Frog. On iTunes I also got Jacob's "Trombone Concerto," performed by Christian Lindberg. Good stuff.

One of the absolute best previously unreleased cues is on the extras disc--"Wrong Choice, Right Choice." The treatment of the Grail theme here is one of the greatest "religious" moments in film scoring ever.

Same here, only mine is...

The Big Country - Jerome Moross

Really good stuff so far. It's been forever since I saw the film, and even then I don't think I saw it all the way through--it seems like I missed some of it in the middle, which kind of frustrates me, because I think I have a fair memory of how things turn out, but not how it got there. Ugh. I should watch it again anyhow.

Still waiting for Freud.

The Mummy - Jerry Goldsmith.

The Mummy Returns - Alan Silvestri.

Air Force One - Jerry Goldsmith.

Star Trek: Nemesis - Jerry Goldsmith.

Under Seige 2: Dark Territory - Basil Poledouris.

Finally received my last order from SAE:

- Back to the Future

- Innerspace

- The Fugitive

- Captain Nemo and the Underwater City

- The Final Destination

Just listening to BttF at the mo and it's such a gem, a blessing really! :wub: It's only now that I hear how much The Predator actually owns to BttF, and one of these days, I just might climb behind my drumkit and play along to Marvin Be-Bop ... :D

Species - Chris Young.

One of my favourite Youngs. And to my delight, the material from my favourite track (Fever) gets another workout in an extra track (Fever's Fever) on the official release.

Yeah, I've had a few tracks from it for ages, but then found out Intrada hadn't sold out so I got those two last week.

It's a score best appreciated with as little background noise as possible. Gave the whole thing a listen earlier and it was full of great subtleties.

Also, if you're a fan of Young and haven't heard A Child's Game, do so. It's a release of a synth demo for Hide and Seek but it's really good stuff (and has possibly the most addictive music box theme I've ever heard in my life).

Now why does my brain start wanting to listen to my entire collection at 2.40am?