Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the 3-disc box of "Grrr", today (I couldn't afford the super deluxe stuff!). I rather like "Doom And Gloom". it has a "Some Girls" feel to it, that I like.

Recently, I bought the new Aerosmith c.d. I like that, as well, but, then again, I like "Just Push Play" a lot, so go figure...

Can't wait for next Monday..."Celebration Day", Blu Nile re-issues, and a giant 10cc box. Yikes, my wallet!!! All this and new "TBBT", and "2 Broke Girl$", this week in good ole Blighty! Holy crap on a craker.

Received my Intrada parcel with, amongst others, Alien by one Jerry Goldsmith. Listened to it immediately. Makes me realise what utter trash Prometheus is.

Yeah I was really disappointed in the music. I wasn't expecting much but had some hope before listening to it.

How are The Wallflowers? I only know Jakob Dylan's solo albums, but not his work with them.

I guess they are just a more 'rocking' version of his solo stuff. If you like him solo you would like The Wallflowers.

Bringing Down The Horse was indeed their most popular album, full of radio hits (One Headlight, 6th Avenue Heartache, Three Marlenas, and The Difference), but it was definitely NOT their first album - it was their second. It is however, the one I'd agree Koray should start with, as their first one is not that interesting.

My package from Varese with their 5 recent Club/Encore titles finally arrived on Friday, and my Movie Music package with 3 Goldsmith titles that were going OOP soon (2 Days In The Valley / Coma / The Illustrated Man) arrived on Thursday.

Just now I placed an order at Screen Archives for 3 more Goldsmith CDs that are all going OOP soon:

1 THE STRIPPER / NICK QUARRY (CD) $14.95 $14.95

1 100 RIFLES (CD)$14.95 $14.95

1 THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BELL / A STEP OUT OF TIME (CD)$19.95 $19.95

SubTotal: $49.85

Shipping: $6.25

Total: $56.10

Got Les Miserables 2 CD Broadway cast recording. I like what bits I've heard from the score (including from the trailer for the movie), and it was only $6. I like it so far, but there are a lot of awfully cheesy synths.

It STILL misses out the spoken intro on "IJCSLY".

According to wikipedia, there is a single available at Wal Mart that contains a version of the song with the spoken word intro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Just_Can%27t_Stop_Loving_You#2012_Reissue

It STILL misses out the spoken intro on "IJCSLY".

According to wikipedia, there is a single available at Wal Mart that contains a version of the song with the spoken word intro

http://en.wikipedia....ou#2012_Reissue

Yeah, I wish Bad25 had the original album versions.

Used an iTunes giftcard to get the following:

Suite of Old American Dances - Bennet

The Christmas Collection - Frank Sinatra

"Heart and Soul"

Academic Overture - Brahms

Wavin' Flag - K'naan

Let's Have Another Cup of Coffee

Viva la Vida - Coldplay

Sonata Pian e Forte (Berlin Brass)

Luck be a Lady (bonus track from Sinatra at the Sands, only available on 2004 release)

Fringe Season 2 finally came back in stock on Movie Music so I ordered the 3 seasons I didn't have with $1 shipping

1 of Fringe (TV) Season 2 (Varese Sarabande 302 067 067) at $14.99 each

1 of Fringe (TV) Season 3 (Varese Sarabande 302 067 132) at $14.99 each

1 of Fringe (TV) Season 4 (Varese Sarabande 302 067 172) at $14.99 each

Incancus, have you any idea if the score is presented in 5.1, like LOTR?

No.

Its not a Complete Recordings set, so no 5.1 DVD's

True, this Special Edition only contains 2 CDs and expanded deluxe liner notes by Doug Adams. But we have a good chance of getting Complete Recordings in the future I think and I would not rule out getting the music someday on DVD as well. :)

Nirvana was great, and "You Know You're Right" from that compilation album is one of my very favorite songs if theirs. In Utero is my least favorite album of theirs, I like Nevermind and Unplugged the best.

The Deluxe Edition of Bleach is $9.99 on Amazon right now

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered/purchased:

- Phantom of the Opera Original London Cast. I already have the movie soundtrack, but I'm interested in hearing a version with better singers (especially the Phantom) and different interpretations

- Five Sacred Trees

- A White House Cantata - Leonard Bernstein

- Barnum (Original Cast Recording)

- Show Boat (World Premiere Cast Recording)

- On the Town: Center City Brass Plays the Music of Bernstein, Gershwin and Ellington

Also bought from Amazon MP3: L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole and Piano Man by Billy Joel

61n3C87jK4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That, plus my latest Amazon marketplace binge got me the following (3 of which have arrived):

Tristan & Isolde

Return to Neverland

Poseidon

Lake Placid

To Kill a Mockingbird

Stardust

The Others

Blue Planet

Alexander

The Naked Gun

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted in this thread since early September. The "recently added albums" listing in my music player doesn't even go quite that far back. Anyway, here's what it lists since then:

Holst: The Planets (Karajan, Vienna Philharmonic)

Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra: Theatre is Evil (Kickstarted backer edition)

Williams: The Long Goodbye

The Doors: Albums box set (remastered by Bruce Botnick)

Ben Folds Five: The Sound of the Life of the Mind

Muse: The 2nd Law

Williams: The Witches of Eastwick

Arnold: Die Another Day

Holst/RVW/Finzi/Bax: 5 CD set of british music on EMI, including Boult's 1966 Planets

Clannad: The Very Best of Clannad

Korngold: Das Wunder der Heliane

Goldsmith: Capricorn One (album)

Herrmann: North by Northwest

McCarthy: Star Trek Generations

Goldsmith: The Red Pony

Herrmann: Citizen Kane - The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann

Schifrin: Rush Hour

Broughton: The Boy Who Could Fly

Alfred Newman: Captain From Castille - The Classic Film Scores of Alfred Newman

Doyle: Into the West

Doyle: Indochine

Young: For Whom the Bell Tolls/Golden Earrings/Omar Khayyam

Horner: Back to Titanic

Williams: Goodbye, Mr. Chips

Williams: Lincoln

Doyle: Brave

Shore: The Hobbit (deluxe edition)

Schifrin: Coogan's Bluff

Rosenman/Goldsmith:The Last Hard Men

Tiomkin: Lost Horizon - The Classic Film Scores of Dimitri Tiomkin

Goldsmith: Hoosiers

Rózsa: Spellbound - The Classic Film Scores of Miklós Rózsa

Poledouris: Conan the Barbarian

Plus Christmas presents:

Hovhaness: Mysterious Mountain, Prayer of St. Gregory etc.

Philip Glass: The Concerto Project Vol. I

Rózsa: Quo Vadis (Tadlow)

Pink Floyd: Meddle

Pink Floyd: Animals

...needles to say, I'm still trying to catch up with listening.

They're pretty good!

Of course, if they had taken the best songs from each one and just released those as one album and the rest as bsides or something, it would have been a really great album! But what can you do

They're pretty good!

Of course, if they had taken the best songs from each one and just released those as one album and the rest as bsides or something, it would have been a really great album! But what can you do

Interesting point, Jason, but what constitutes "best"?

Most people agree that "The Beatles" would make a killer single LP, but no-one can agree on what tracks to include.

The 3 CDs by Green Day offer the group a chance to experiment and branch out in a way that they probably would not have had if they stuck to a single CD.

Double LPs (and double Cds, for that matter) such as "The Beatles", "Tusk", "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway", "Tales From Topographic Oceans", "All Things Must Pass", "Incantations", and even "Ariel", are double (or triple) LPs for a reason, and not simply because the artistss concerned had too much material for a single LP. "Blonde On Blonde" as single LP? Please!

I thought the idea of a trilogy of albums was pretty cool. Most bands eventually get around to doing a double album. I'd rather listen to a three 45 minute albums than one 80 minute one. Shorter albums are usually tighter.

Oh I think the best songs would fit on one 45 minute album :)

But still, as I said, they are pretty good! I enjoy listening to all 3 on spotify at work.

A lot of Dos sounds like Foxboro Hot Tubs