Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

LaLaLand's Poseidon has more than likely dropped the market value of the FSM disc, although it's still worth having because of The Paper Chase and Conrack.

Whew! Just ordered COS. I'm only...what, eight years late? I'd thought about it in the past, but considering how disappointed I was with both the film and the way the score as a whole functioned in the film, I never got around to it. (Doesn't help that I'm incredibly cheap.) But I decided to do it - partly for the clean re-recordings of unreleased music from HP:SS, partly because it contains the Children's Suite ending to "Harry's Wondrous World" (which I need for my current SS editing project), and partly because there's some good new music in there, even though it's my least favorite Williams Potter score. All I can say is...thank God people sell used CDs at low prices. :P

I love the HP:COS OST. It's extremely well assembled and a great listening experience

Got Monster Squad on eBay for $10.

Put in an order for The Big Country before Lalaland's sale expired.

I passed on that one. But I have spent over $200 in the past three weeks on soundtracks, and I've come to realize that I'm really tired of ripping CDs.

Recently got JW's Dracula, The River, The Cowboys, Midway, and Stanley and Iris; ordered ST III, and all this talk of Images has me itching to order that as well. Never heard a note of it.

If you've got the money and can appreciate music that's disturbing yet beautiful, go for it!

EDIT: I first heard bits of the score in

. It's fairly representative of what a lot of it sounds like, but there's also a wonderful, haunting main theme that's often played by Williams himself on piano. There's generally more percussion than what you hear in that passage, but it still gives a good sense of what the score's like.

I passed on that one. But I have spent over $200 in the past three weeks on soundtracks, and I've come to realize that I'm really tired of ripping CDs.

I know what you mean.

I just spent €180 for operas at Amazon, mostly multi-disc sets, 41 single discs in total. After ripping the first two, my DVD drive died. Picked up a new one, ripped all the rest - only to discover the new drive was total crap and ruined the later track rips from most discs. Took the drive back and picked up a better one.

Now I'm looking at re-ripping most of these CDs. Including 6 discs full of Janacek operas, full of Czech track titles consisting mostly of characters which I don't even have on my keyboard.

The Hills Run Red - Ennio Morricone

Una Pistola Per Ringo & Il Ritorno Di Ringo (750 Edition) - Ennio Morricone

Stardust - Ilan Eshkeri

Persons Unknown - Jeff Rona

Invincible - Two Steps From Hell

Star Trek III

Lost Season 5

Under Fire (FSM) - I have the original release but the FSM is supposed to sound better.

Under Fire is my favourite Goldsmith score (by far), but I've heard the FSM only sounds marginally better, meaning I won't hear the difference. Plus, I've got the German release, which it is already supposed to sound better.

But I'd be interested in what you think, Mark, once you have it!

I just ordered the following CDs online:

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Back to Titanic

Titanic: The Ultimate Collection

The second and third CDs on that list went for a whopping 1 cent and 20 cents, respectively...I love Amazon.

I also did some shopping on iTunes. I got:

Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6 "Pathétique"

"Scheherazade" (just the first movement)

"Roll 'Em"

"Slo-Funk"

"Fables of Fabus" (I already had a full band version, but this is a really interesting version featuring trombone, saxophone, and rhythm section)

Thanks! I'll remember that, hopefully I can purchase it soon.

I also got from that "As Time Goes By" album that Datameister linked in the Quick Question's Thread the 12 cellists interpretations of:

"Family Portrait"

"Catch Me If You Can"

"Main Theme from Titanic"

"I Could Have Done More"

I also got from that "As Time Goes By" album that Datameister linked in the Quick Question's Thread the 12 cellists interpretations of:

"Family Portrait"

It's a pretty nice performance, isn't it? And it's the only recording of that movement of the Children's Suite that I've been able to find...

Yeah, I like it a lot. Although I'd still love to hear a full orchestra version of it. The interpretations of other film music are worth checking out, also. CMIYC is especially interesting to hear in a fully string format.

I purchased Marie Ward by Elmer Bernstein. I must say, I felt pretty courageous ordering this. It seems pretty forgotten, and I'm only really getting it for a 20 second clip I heard on an FSM podcast. Hopefully I find some unexpected gems--the few reviews I could find of it were favorable.

No shame at all - a classic 90's album. The hidden track at the end is amazing

Well placed a group order for the complete scores for Star Trek III and Giacchino's Trek. I'll be getting them separately when Peter gets his orders and ships them out to people. Really looking forward to both scores.

I saw a used copy of the Varese Conan the Barbarian at a store $40 and passed it up.

Oh, recently purchased music. I misread the thread.

Oh, I have you beat for that. I found it twice in the span of 6 months in a used music store. The first time I found it I got it for $19.99. Practically mint.

The second time they had another copy of it for $4.99 because someone had initialed the disc. This I purchased and resold for $20, making back what I spent the first time around and making someone a very happy camper!