Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

On 1/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, Holko said:

Two legendary Goldsmith scores with legendary Horner sequels are celebrating their 40th anniversary this year, ordered the first group for the occasion.

First part is here!

20190218_123939.jpg

I did not know Mike did Alien! A 12-year old release that is still reference quality today... yeah, I'm not too surprised.

Well, now that I've listened to it, if we're talking strictly disc content, Aliens Deluxe has nothing to be ashamed about! It's only the rest: art direction, notes, no total runtime anywhere, where it's a bit "eh".

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've read that many new LPs nowadays come with pops and ticks. It seems they've forgotten the art of LP manufacturing.

LPs always came with pops and clicks.

Do you know how they are made?

Of course. By Bespin.

Anyway, in the golden days of LP they had perfected the manufacturing process such thay brand new LPs seldom had audible imperfections. But back then the price of an LP album was a much greater fraction of a man's salary. So I guess they have gotten cheaper at the expense of quality.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Of course. By Bespin.

Anyway, in the golden days of LP they had perfected the manufacturing process such thay brand new LPs seldom had audible imperfections.

I already pick some brand new LPs from the sixties and seventies, which skipped because of a manufacturing default.

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I already pick some brand new LPs from the sixties and seventies, which skipped because of a manufacturing default.

That's "fault ", Bes. Just so's you know.

55 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I once bought a brand-new sealed music CD and the CD was empty. No data on it.

Music industry always fooled us!

There's a market for "unusual" vinyl pressings (two side 1s, etc). There was a blue vinyl pressing of OUT OF THE BLUE that had two side 3s.

The 12" of THE SENSUAL WORLD single had a double groove, on the A side. One groove was the vocal mix, the other, an instrumental mix.

20 hours ago, Stefancos said:

IMG_2019-02-23_14-52-06.JPG

I'm really inclined to buy this LP and the one from The Motion Picture, because they're my favourite Star Trek scores, but on the other hand I'd rather buy CDs of scores that I don't already have.

500 seems small but it has already been released in complete form two times prior to this, by LLL as a two disc incarnation and then again as a single disc release by Intrada. That must be about 5000 units of this score already. 

• 2 weeks later...

Schindler's List

Glenn Gould plays Bach: Goldberg Variations

Claudio Abaddo and the CSO plays Tchaikovsky's 4th 

Doctor Zhivago (Complete Score)

A really neat pick up. $12 Canadian.

I am glad it became available on CD through regular outlets also for those who didn't participate in the Kickstarter campaign. :) 

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Is that cover Photoshoped, and why does JW look so utterly bored?

That's his "take the friggin' photo already" face.