The Big Bang Theory

MSM

Oops shit, I didn't notice the "TMP" part. I just assumed he must have been talking about the Abrams reboot.

In which case I partly agree with Sheldon, which should be alarming... to me :/

The movie is shit.

Just heard Sheldon saying Star Trek TMP fails in all areas, including music.

I complained about that months ago. For a nerd series, I consider it a major goof, considering TMP i pretty much the one score film music geeks universally adore (regardless of what they think of Goldsmith otherwise).

Just heard Sheldon saying Star Trek TMP fails in all areas, including music.

I complained about that months ago. For a nerd series, I consider it a major goof, considering TMP i pretty much the one score film music geeks universally adore (regardless of what they think of Goldsmith otherwise).

I also thought if of it as a way of showing how "unusual" (to put it one way) Sheldon is. IIRC, he also calls ST:IV the best one.

That's pretty out there.

I was thinking perhaps Sheldon doesn't quite know to value the music of TMP since he doesn't quite grasp the emotions of it?

Did he really say ST:IV is the best one? Since that is quite a humorous one, I can't quite see Sheldon getting that one.

I was thinking perhaps Sheldon doesn't quite know to value the music of TMP since he doesn't quite grasp the emotions of it?

Bingo! The punch line is the fact that he mentions the score at all. Wow, I'm impressed (by this calibre of the writing).

It's not popular for anybody in mainstream to recognize anything from TMP as being of good quality. We know because we're soundtrack nerds, but I really don't think Sheldon is a soundtrack nerd. Thus, he can't appreciate it.

This is a show I have to start watching from the beginning, probably as soon as I finish BSG 2004.

• 3 weeks later...

Sheldon hummed the Superman Theme...ALL IS FORGIVEN!

LOL Saw it too (and the episode at least twice before). I miss the earlier seasons...

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Saw it too (and the episode at least twice before). I miss the earlier seasons...

The show is on perilous grounds when it comes to Sheldon's relationship with Amy Farrah Fowler.

If they even consummate then The Big Bang Theory will Nuke The Fridge...an reality as we know it will implode.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to post this... but there was another major blunder in one of the latest episodes, when Sheldon claimed that Albert Einstein failed math in school. A popular rumour, but also completely untrue, Sheldon and Leonard would definitely know.

repeat post, but it's my favorite sitcom. we probably watch about 4 hours of it each week.

repeat post, but it's my favorite sitcom. we probably watch about 4 hours of it each week.

I got that beat! I got that beat...

Try an hour a night. There's a double bill on every weekday night, just after dinner.

nothing has ever been wrong with the show, and that stupid term has never applied.

What was wrong?

For a while (starting when Kaley Cuoco broke her leg and had to skip a few episodes, I believe), the writing got seriously unfunny and flat. Much like HIMYM has become this season.

• 2 months later...

Tonight is the season finale of Big Bang Theory. Howard and Bernadette get married, Howard is blasted into space....

Sheldon and Amy get physical and Penny whispers in Leonard's ear yes....

I don't think Sheldon and Amy should go there. Not until the show finale.

well I'm just guessing here, though some of my guesses may be right.

I'd be okay with them going there. I want it to be an epiphany for Sheldon who turns into a horndog.

I haven't seen most of last season, but what I mean is this: Sheldon is supposed to be asexual. Going that route could suppose falling into Hollywood sexuality, as in an attempt to give Sheldon a sort of happy ending. This is completely misunderstanding Sheldon: he's perfectly fine. He would be treated as someone who didn't understand, instead of someone with a different sexuality.

If they did that to a homosexual character it would be pointed out as wrong. Just saying.

In many ways I think they put Leonard and Penny in bed with each other far too soon. They could've teased that frustration out for seasons.

no they couldn't, it went on too long as it was.

Amy is horny and to satisfy her desires either Sheldon is going to have to reciprocate or Penny is going to have to have her lez out moment. I really don't want Raj to be gay but it does seem that is the direction, though in the first two seasons he got laid more than any of them.

The season finale of Big Bang Theory was fantastic. The ending was superb and touching.