The Official Varese Sarabande Thread

Charlie Brigden

11 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Va Reese for me. 

10 hours ago, petaQ said:

That's how I pronounce it. 

That was also how I always assumed it went as well, until I went to California and met with Neil, Mike, and the LLL guys and I heard it said outloud for the first time.  I was also surprised by how Intrada was pronounced too!  I thought it was in truh da but it is actually in traw da

1 hour ago, Jay said:

That was also how I always assumed it went as well, until I went to California and met with Neil, Mike, and the LLL guys and I heard it said outloud for the first time.  I was also surprised by how Intrada was pronounced too!  I thought it was in truh da but it is actually in traw da

Yeah I think my brother told me about that but my brain is still wired the wrong way. Always pronounced Intrada correctly, though. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I was also surprised by how Intrada was pronounced too!  I thought it was in truh da but it is actually in traw da

You thought the word Intrada was supposed to be pronounced like someone from Boston saying "intruder"?

41 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I don't know what that word means. I see no reason to pronounce "insta" like "instuh" though.

Instant buy

• 3 weeks later...

Spring Is Coming. We'll get a jump on Spring with a fresh batch of CD Club titles announced on March 13. Three special new releases coming next Monday at 10AM PST, www.VareseSarabande.com.

https://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords/photos/a.207302096128750.1073741832.190580891134204/634503516741937

Spring Is Coming. We'll get a jump on Spring with a fresh batch of CD Club titles announced on March 13. Three special new releases coming next Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1842074182722107&set=a.1392074731055390.1073741841.100007586280737

Yup totally and completely agreed.

For 1997 scores, I'm so happy to have specialty label versions of Turbulence, Rosewood, Volcano, The Lost World, Speed 2, The Edge, The Peacemaker, Starship Troopers, and Alien: Resurrection.

But I hope so much we get Liar Liar, The Fifth Element, Batman & Robin, Face/Off, Men In Black, Contact, Air Force One, Money Talks, Seven Years In Tibet, The Devil's Advocate, The Man Who Knew Too Little, Amistad, Titanic, and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Huh? I wasn't listing scores I think Varese will release, just any good 1997 scores the labels haven't tackled yet

18 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I lost weight!

Yeah lamenting over the current state of film music would have anyone losing weight. How can anyone think of food during a crisis like that.

It might have had some minor bearing on your loss of weight. But surely it is mostly the grief over film music.

41 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It probably has more to do with the estimated 7500 kilometers I biked in the last 11 months

Do you have an odometer on your bike, do you track yourself using a map app, or is this just an estimate? 

I have an odometer for my bike but I have not installed it yet. I should get a new bike instead, mine is very old, heavy, and needs work. And I'd use a map app to track my progress but my cell phone battery is crap.