Instruments that don't exist, playing music that does. ;-)

thork

Apologies for those of you who consider this spam.. but in reparation may I be so bold as to offer you some free mp3's? :-)

Please come and look around my sites at www.mp3.com/thork or www.mp3.com.au/thork.gehrke (for better downloads if you live in Australia).

I'm an Australian based composer, writing & producing supernatural*electronic scores for film, television, and all other forms of media.

"The Empty Room" (a film by independent company Corridor Films) was my first short film score, and I've composed & produced demos for final-year film students at AFTRS (Australian Film Television & Radio School) and Flinders University.

My work uses my own sounds that I've either altered from existing sounds

or created from scratch. Most of these aren't supposed to sound like existing instruments (otherwise we could just play them), but my aim is to make them so out-worldly that an audience will just accept the final product as you would any instrumental music. I strive to keep a naturalness and emotional intensity to my music and sounds in the hope that the line between real instrumentation and synthesized can be blurred, without producing something people have heard before. Perhaps this is similar to what some directors want to achieve visually?..

Some of my influences are guys like Christopher Franke (who did the music for the TV show Babylon 5), Hans Zimmer (Rain Man, The Lion King, Gladiator, etc.), and Robyn Miller (music for the computer games Myst and Riven). Add to that my fondness for the music of John Williams, Danny Elfman, James Newton Howard, Herbie Hancock, etc. and you get a fair idea of the sort of music I like to listen to, and therefore like to write.

With years of experience utilizing my own synthesizers and computers, I'm looking for projects which could use me to accompany their stories with music both the director and I would like to hear.

I score everything from computer games to motion pictures, so if you would like to find out more then you can email me at: master.yoda@aintitcoolmail.com

Thor K. Gehrke

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic