Sign in to follow this  
Diego

The Formula One Thread

So... let's see how this goes, I don't think there are many fans around here.

Anyway, this weekend, the 2010 season startsat Bahrain with apparently four teams in position to win.

Go Schumacher!

So anyone else follows F1?

Wouldn't call myself a "fan", but I certainly follow it and will watch a few races during the season when work etc permits....

Could be an interesting year - as you say, 4 teams looking very good - and today's practise session was interesting....but if he's to make the impact I think we all hope he can, Schumacher has got to "up his game" (his words, not mine).

I wouldn't put much importance on the first practice of the first GP even if Schumacher was a bit off the pace relative to Rosberg, afterall it's been three years since his last race and the cars and rules are different. I do think that, as much as I like him, it was a very risky comeback, but we'll see.

Being on the UK, I'm guessing you're a Hamilton fan? Maybe Button?

I don't give a shit, as long as it's a Brit! laugh.gif

It is of course true that you can tell pretty-much nothing by the first practise, and the "game is on" more this coming year than I think it has been for the last 3 or 4....but the one thing you CAN get from the first practise is a guage of driver attitude - and on that front at least today's practise was quite telling.

I don't like McLaren much either, especially Hamilton, I do like them a bit better now that Ron Dennis is gone. I do expect Hamilton to sweep the floor with Button.

I also don't like Alonso all that much, it'll be fun to see what happens at Ferrari if Massa starts beating him, he seems very hard to work with.

As for my idol Shumacher, I think the testing ban and the no re-fueling rule is really going to play against him, but we'll see. I have all this Schumi-Ferrari t-shirts that are now useless, I have nothing to wear to support the team, :blink:

I also don't like Alonso all that much, it'll be fun to see what happens at Ferrari if Massa starts beating him, he seems very hard to work with.

Call me biased, but its the other way around. He was two times world champion and was treated like the 2nd pilot of McLaren, because its was a british ruled company and hamilton was british. The later pilot (a rookie no less) was the true favourite for the company, in place of alonso, the current champion.

Alonso would have won if he had been the prefered pilot. In the end they made them compete, and both lost to raikkonen.

He is going to have problems with massa, i suppose, because they dont like each other, at least, they didnt in the past.

I agree that McLaren misstreated him and in the process they lost the championship. For the record, I like Hamilton even less.

But even before McLaren, I remember him complaining that Renault wasn't help him enough and that Fisichella wasn't helping him out, back in 2006 when he was fighting against Schumacher for the title. He just seems hard to work with, and there's always problems around him, the spy-gate with McLaren, the Hamilton thing, then when he returned to Renault the whole "crash-gate" thing with Piquet Jr.

I do believe that both him and Hamilton are outstanding talents though.

I'm actually very happy for Massa, since he had such an incredibly unlucky accident.

I think races this year are going to be extremely boring without re-fueling, and that's a big problem for me since I woke up at 6 to watch it.

Pity about Vettel, he certainly looked like he could have won it. Good race by Alonso passing Massa at the start. Things don't look too good for Mercedes GP and as expected Hamilton swept the floor with Button.

Good thing next race is in Australia, is a better time schedule for me.

Allon-sy Alonso!

Sorry couldn't resist.

I've never cared for F1, but I used to be a hardcore NASCAR fan up until about 7-8 years ago. I still follow it casually.

I know there is skill involved in NASCAR, but I just don't find driving in an oval compelling.