And the Next Star Wars Project Will Be...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's an interesting idea. I wonder which will win out: the actual humor found in Robot Chicken's Star Wars stuff, or Lucas's grave misunderstanding of what the word "funny" means?

This is the most random thing ever. I'm not sure if it's an awesome idea or this is another step down.

Saying that, the only EU I've ever really liked was the Dark Horse comic Star Wars Tales, which was an anthology of both serious and humourous tales (including the retcon that R5-D4 was really a Jedi droid who committed suicide to ensure Threepio and Artoo stayed together). That and George R. Binks, the famous Gungan whaler who was ashamed of his son. I'd love to see something along the lines of that. But hey, the Robot Chicken specials show those guys have a lot of love for the franchise. Never seen The Daily Show though. But seeing how everyone else has been finding amusement in SW since '99, maybe they've decided to look at the funny side of it. Could be a nice counterpoint to how serious (and awesome) Clone Wars is getting.

Occasional Robot Chicken Star Wars specials are great. Weekly? I'm not so sure the laughs can be sustained with that kind of frequency. Star Wars parody can grow thin after it is done to death, but good luck to them.

The Clone Wars is a fine cartoon and all, but Star Wars was made for the cinema. Let's have some more MOVIES. I think the live action Star Wars series on tap is in real jeopardy of being as boring as Young Indiana Jones was.

But hey, the Robot Chicken specials show those guys have a lot of love for the franchise.

Exactly. It's so clear that they care about and understand Star Wars, and you can't help but enjoy it as a result. Taking a wacky, different look at famous scenes and characters is fun.

Seeing an eeopie fart in Jar Jar's face is not.

I actually enjoy Robot Chicken and like it when they delve into the star Wars universe.

Certainly has the potential to be more entertaining than the lame Clone Wars cartoons or live action series being planned.

The funny part? This is going to be the better of two new series:

http://iesb.net/inde...tures&Itemid=73

Wow. That's poor. Those Galactic Heroes are friggin' abominations. I can't stand when fanboys refer to them as "cute".

I am a huge Star Wars fan. I love the original trilogy. I love the prequels. I think the Clone Wars is fine for what it is. But I am saddened by how Star Wars is being marketed these days.

Wow. That's poor. Those Galactic Heroes are friggin' abominations. I can't stand when fanboys refer to them as "cute".

I am a huge Star Wars fan. I love the original trilogy. I love the prequels. I think the Clone Wars is fine for what it is. But I am saddened by how Star Wars is being marketed these days.

I don't see an issue with it. In fact, it gets under my skin that so many fanboys try and deny the fact that kids are a huge part of Star Wars. I can't wait to properly show the saga to my kid, but I'll not be able to do it until a bit later due to the violence/delimbing. This should work out pretty cool for when I give him my old Kenner figures, so at least he'll be able to know what he's playing with beyond my nerdy explanations.

Sorry, let me clarify.

I totally agree with you Charlie. Star Wars should be for kids. I too am annoyed by Fanboys who try to act like Star Wars should be all adult, serious, and gritty. I like enjoying it with my 6 year old.

I just have a personal gripe with Galactic Heroes. As in, they blow.

For example, These unproduced vintage style kids toys are cool. Galactic Heroes, on the other hand, are not.

I guess you're right, I shouldn't dismiss the Galactic Heroes cartoon until I see it. I just never liked that style.

Sorry, let me clarify.

I totally agree with you Charlie. Star Wars should be for kids. I too am annoyed by Fanboys who try to act like Star Wars should be all adult, serious, and gritty. I like enjoying it with my 6 year old.

I just have a personal gripe with Galactic Heroes. As in, they blow.

For example, These unproduced vintage style kids toys are cool. Galactic Heroes, on the other hand, are not.

I guess you're right, I shouldn't dismiss the Galactic Heroes cartoon until I see it. I just never liked that style.

That's cool, I didn't mean it as a gripe at you. Just one of my pet peeves, but I'm glad to see you agree.

Those toys would have been cool. There's tons of stuff they didn't make that's awesome (like the tandem night mission X-Wing).

Star Trek never stooped to a comedy hour. Just saying.

Indeed.

Ferengi DS9 episodes notwithstanding. :)

John- who's a big fan of DS9 Ferengi eps

I agree. The Ferengi episodes for DS9 were good. I loved it when Quark, Nog, Rom, Brunt, and Quark's cousin rescued Quark and Rom's mother from the Dominion on that abandoned station that was an exact duplicate of DS9.

At this rate I'm giving up on ever seeing the live action TV series. It also seems that Lucas is really milking the Star Wars franchise...money hungry bastard.

I can't wait to properly show the saga to my kid, but I'll not be able to do it until a bit later due to the violence/delimbing.

My dad took me to Terminator 2 when I was 4, and many R-rated action movies after that. You may call it irresponsible, but I turned out pretty fine I and I think he's the coolest dad ever..

Star Trek did have a short-lived animated series, however.

Yes, and while the animation was comparable to Scooby-Doo and other animated series of the 1970s, I consider the stories and writing to be top notch otherwise. I don't care if they couldn't pay Koenig or that Roddenberry de-canonized the animated series later, because to me, it's the spiritual successor to the live-action show. Both series had their share of stinkers, but there are episodes of TAS that are better than episodes of TOS.

As for this Star Wars project, meh. Eleven years ago, before prequel mania had taken hold, news like this would have made me giddy. Now I don't feel any excitement for any new Star Wars project. I feel dread that the man in plaid continues to milk the franchise with new cartoon series and TV shows. I wish somebody would. Let. It. Die.

Actually they had two. They were called Voyager and Enterprise.

I don't know, comedies usually include laughs. Well, intentional ones anyway.

Hey look, George Lucas has now figured a way to put Godzilla in the Star Wars universe while avoiding a lawsuit from Toho.

linky

That was a pretty cool episode (UK are a week ahead). I dug the Seven Samurai episode a lot. It's got seriously good, especially with the Mandalorians.