JoeinAR

1=worst 10=best  

57 members have voted

1. 1.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,speaking of directing,Lucas with the Special Editions is at least co-director of all SW movies now.

And as Williams even said in that Starfix interview,in the end,Lucas decides EVERYTHING.Kershner and Marquand probably directed ESB and ROTJ just as much as Tobe Hooper directed Poltergeist.

K.M.

In answer: there can't be any denying there are whole truckloads of awful dialogue in all five films

Except TESB, every 3rd line is like humorish. I love it's dialogue.

A lot of people would agree with you. But, ultimately, the pleasure is transient...and you wish there were something of the indelible storytelling qualities exhibited so powerfully by Jackson's The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (even if it painfully, but understandably, defied the novel in so many ways).

I don't think the story fleshes out well in the film, still it has lots to make up for it.

But all this is meaningless because no matter what any of us think, film history continues to show that Star Wars is considered the best by movie fans(all movie fans, not just SW fans). None of the other SW movies are ever considered among the top 25 movies of all times, and rightfully so, although ESB comes the closest.

Who cares what 'movie fans' think. It's just their opinion.

Hehehe it polarized fans yet the results are almost all weighted towards loving it.

I agree with Joe though. Fans get so wrapped up in what they think that they forget the world seems to like A New Hope or Jedi better than Empire. It's true. Empire is my mother least favorite. Look at which one has made the most money. That's the general public right there.

Empire might be the fan favorite but A New Hope is the one the world seems to have picked as the best.