Dennis Hopper R.I.P. (1936 - 2010)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Oh no. Yeah, rarely if ever the star but noteworthy & integral to a lot of the flicks he appeared in.

RIP

JwFan, the fastest place in the west to learn of the latest celebrity deaths.

(the way Hopper eventually turned this nerve wracking scene around to dominate once more,was true to form)

But his role in

is the movie I most associate with Hopper.

Fine actor, and lots of good work left behind for us to enjoy.

Farewell Dennis Hopper, you always managed to appeal to each generation with a particular film, whether it be "Easy Rider" or "Blue Velvet", and everything in between. :cool:

P.S. I also really loved him in "Speed". Does anyone else feel the same way?

I've not seen Easy Rider but Speed is where I remember him most.

R.I.P.

"I don't suppose anyone would pay three million dollars just for you"

Ever notice these usually happen in three's. Gary Coleman, Dennis Hopper, ?

RIP. :(

Actually, I've seen both, but I remember him most from the first season of 24 (where he played a villainous Serb)! :lol:

He went way over the top in that film, and was great!

R.I.P.

"I don't suppose anyone would pay three million dollars just for you"

Good, so I'm not the only one! :lol:

Sad news, he was fantastic to watch and was one of the great modern villain actors. I remember him being the only remotely watchable thing in Waterworld, and loved it when he popped up as the big bad guy at the end of the first season of 24.

I remember just a couple of months ago seeing him in a wheel chair and seeing how frail he was. I think that was because he had an accident of some sort. It was very sad to see him like that and as much to hear of his passing.

A great actor, fantastic bad guys. I love the dynamic between Nicholson and Hopper in EASY RIDER or Walken and Hopper in TRUE ROMANCE - the kind of brilliant crossfire that exists in such meetings.

Interestingly, Hopper appeared in both THE TIME TUNNEL and WAGON TRAIN. The WAGON TRAIN episode "The Emmet Lawson Story" was not scored by Williams, though. However, Hopper did appear as a passenger in "Rendezvous with Yesterday" from TIME TUNNEL, according to imdb, so that's the connection right there!

I think the word legend is missused here. He was a loud actor, possibly a good actor, but not great.

Well, that's in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? To me, there is no doubt that he was a GREAT actor.

thats fine but I still think that legendary is a bit strong.