AOTC box-office; I know it has been brougt up before...

...but now we have some figures. As you all probably know, AOTC hit the $200 million mark this weekend, 1 day faster than TPM. However, I don't think AOTC will make as much money as TPM; remember, that only 3 movies ever (well, now 4 with E.T. 20th) have made $400+ million in the US, two of those being Star Wars movies. My guess is that AOTC will make somewhere between $375 and $400 million, with Spiderman probably exceeding $450, maybe even $500 (having already grossed $334 million way faster than any other movie in history). Just my thoughts.. :angry: .

--Pelzter.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post.

None of us imagined Spiderman who do this kind of boxoffice, and its continued take is phenomenal. It has already surpassed HP and LOTR's from last year. AOTC has not matched its numbers at all, but it is in far fewer screens than Spidey. Its only hope is continued success. Spiderman's legs will probably prove stronger than the force but it all remains to be seen. Titanic stayed atop the boxoffice for many more weeks without ever having weekend numbers as high as this, of course it was almost 1-1/2hrs longer than Spidey and almost an hour longer than Clones.

This run of Spiderman's is impressive considering the amount of competition it gets. Both Spiderman and AOTC will continue to decline in numbers now that we are getting into the summer schedule. How much will Sum of All fears dig into those 2 films numbers? How well will AOTC and Spiderman do in June.

How well will Minority Report do when it opens. It is sure to be the boxoffice hit that weekend but just how much? And what about the sleepers. In 1999 the #2 film was the Sixth Sense. NO ONE predicted it in the top 10 let alone #2. Is there a Sixth Sense this summer?

Joe, who is facinated by the changing trends in boxoffice takes

I get the feeling that AOTC will decline rapidly at the box office.Lots of people I know hated it ,and I don't plan to see it again more than once(if the opporunity arrises),wether I saw TPM around 9-10 times in theater.

K.M.Who still has to see Spiderman.

I agree, it has a built in audience and Spiderman is proving to be more widely accepted. Besides, a movie has to actually be good to sustain the numbers, or have a universal appeal.