Rescored films

Faleel

this is a series i started a while ago it started out with me just wanting the alternate, cut, or tracked over music restored and grew from there

HTTYD Rescored: http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=ED507EBA40B5BE1D

note: this is all meant just for fun and to show how music can make or break a scene

The fact that most of these don't sound quite right is an excellent testament to the individual character of Williams action cues. :o

I did something similar a few years ago, but it was to prove the opposite - that even the JW of the 70s-80s would, at times, write music that was interchangeable between films. Here's the link:

The fact that most of these don't sound quite right is an excellent testament to the individual character of Williams action cues. :lol:

I did something similar a few years ago, but it was to prove the opposite - that even the JW of the 70s-80s would, at times, write music that was interchangeable between films. Here's the link:

but you got to admit that some of them sound pretty darn good! such as: Chase Through Coruscant RESCORED, The ending of Podrace RESCORED, Order 66 RESCORED, and The Phantom Menace VS. The Jedi RESCORED Ft. Anakin VS. Obi-Wan.

You should rescore the POTC films with appropiate pirate music! Like from Hook, Treasure Planet, The Sea Hawk, Cutthroat Island and more! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvAREcGShhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoMYhwJRgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnW42RTZ1vM

;):P:lol: :lol:

Hehe.

The first one needs a complete rescore. It would really make the film better.

The second one needs partial rescoring. I dunno about the third, I quite like what Zimmer did there (maybe a bit too epic sometimes, but what the hell, it's got great themes).

Look what I just found. POTC with Prequel music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kDU1PDXvK8&feature=fvw :lol: :lol: It doesn't fit at all times but you get the idea. I love how the guy turns Anakin vs Obi Wan into something romantic.

Hehe.

The first one needs a complete rescore. It would really make the film better.

The second one needs partial rescoring. I dunno about the third, I quite like what Zimmer did there (maybe a bit too epic sometimes, but what the hell, it's got great themes).

Look what I just found. POTC with Prequel music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kDU1PDXvK8&feature=fvw :lol: :lol: It doesn't fit at all times but you get the idea. I love how the guy turns Anakin vs Obi Wan into something romantic.

Yeah, I agree that the first two ones need rescoring. I have this wild dream of when I'm rich hiring a good composer to rescore them :P

The third one is very good, I guess Bafle--- I mean, Zimmer cared about the score a little more. Which is curious considering the third one is the worst of the three films while the first one is excellent.

And that video was very interesting. Johnny for POTC! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK. Whoever said that the Chase Through Courscant rescored sounded good needs to watch it again. The narrative is completely f**ked with that music. You're already tired and feel like the music has reached a climax in what is a long drawn out scene before it even really begins... Not to mention it gives the scene a whole comedic feel that seems blatant and feels out of place.

Is the general consensus around here still that the original Chase Through Courscant cue is not good? Because it's quite frankly, in my very humble opinion probably the best action cue of the century so far.

Do Williams fans really listen to the music any more? On an slightly unrelated note, and general community analysis, it seems like all we have is a whole load of cynicism, nostalgia, and commercial/materialistic obsession.

I'd say it is one of Williams all time greatest action cues. I mean, up there with Asteroid Field, Desert Chase, Scherzo, etc. Same goes for "General Grievous."

You're already tired and feel like the music has reached a climax in what is a long drawn out scene before it even really begins... Not to mention it gives the scene a whole comedic feel that doesn't work.

well it is two chases, also i think it works, plus i dont see the comedic feel, to me it feels more epic but to each his own

Do Williams fans really listen to the music any more?

yes, however the original chase music just doesnt any emotion

I haven't listened to the prequels in months. Chase Through Coruscant is the one with the electric guitar and the primary motif that sounds like part of the Lost in Space season 1 theme? It has an Asian kind of sound. I like it, even the guitar. But that video above made me yearn for prequels scored by Williams in the 70s or 80s.

OK. Whoever said that the Chase Through Courscant rescored sounded good needs to watch it again. The narrative is completely f**ked with that music. You're already tired and feel like the music has reached a climax in what is a long drawn out scene before it even really begins... Not to mention it gives the scene a whole comedic feel that seems blatant and feels out of place.

Is the general consensus around here still that the original Chase Through Courscant cue is not good? Because it's quite frankly, in my very humble opinion probably the best action cue of the century so far.

Do Williams fans really listen to the music any more? On an slightly unrelated note, and general community analysis, it seems like all we have is a whole load of cynicism, nostalgia, and commercial/materialistic obsession.

BTW were you watching V.1 or V.2? V.2 might might make it seem less of a drawn out scene

I'd say it is one of Williams all time greatest action cues. I mean, up there with Asteroid Field, Desert Chase, Scherzo, etc. Same goes for "General Grievous."

I can't agree with that...the older cues you're mentioning are really top-notch action music. Higher than top-notch. I enjoy the AOTC chase quite a bit, but I can't put it on that high a pedestal. And as I've said before, my opinions on "General Grievous" are split three ways, because that track comprises three totally different cues. "Riding the Lizard" is awesomely weird and effective..."Rolling with Grievous" sounds like an homage to or pastiche of all Williams' stereotypical 2000s action music signatures without any real content...and then "Fighting with Grievous" introduces some delightful dissonances and a new melody that could have worked really well as a secondary theme for Grievous.

But this is all pretty off-topic...

I can't agree with that...the older cues you're mentioning are really top-notch action music. Higher than top-notch. I enjoy the AOTC chase quite a bit, but I can't put it on that high a pedestal. And as I've said before, my opinions on "General Grievous" are split three ways, because that track comprises three totally different cues. "Riding the Lizard" is awesomely weird and effective..."Rolling with Grievous" sounds like an homage to or pastiche of all Williams' stereotypical 2000s action music signatures without any real content...and then "Fighting with Grievous" introduces some delightful dissonances and a new melody that could have worked really well as a secondary theme for Grievous.

While the track is comprised of three seperate cues, I feel that they all share a very common thread so that the edit, while not ideal, is still a great listen. And while I hear a style consistent with the modern Williams action cues, I wouldn't go as far as to say any part of the track is a pastiche. It's much more aggressive and intense than other Williams action cues. It's like he's treating wind instruments as percussion. Your least favorite cue is my favorite - I just can't explain my enthusiasm for it.

So did Williams and Lucas. ;)

Your first paragraph actually describes Williams' Chase Through Courscant perfectly.

Like most of the music in an already dreary film, it feels completely out of place in the Star Wars universe. Perhaps if Williams had used the music in another film I might feel differently about the piece.

That being said I think the OOP is just trying to have some fun but I don't think his choices work better than the originals.

So did Williams and Lucas. :lol:

Your first paragraph actually describes Williams' Chase Through Courscant perfectly.

Like most of the music in an already dreary film, it feels completely out of place in the Star Wars universe. Perhaps if Williams had used the music in another film I might feel differently about the piece.

That being said I think the OOP is just trying to have some fun but I don't think his choices work better than the originals.

Poppycock! That's just your nostalgia towards the OT affecting your judgement.

So did Williams and Lucas. :lol:

Poppycock! That's just your nostalgia towards the OT affecting your judgement.

No offence, but i find the Chase Through Coruscant track (the original one) to be as boring as the film its in there are only a few tracks i like (Anakin and Padme, The Meadow Picnic and The Arena, and Anakin's Search)

I hope that it doesn't bother you, Faleel, if I use your topic to post one of my own rescores. If it does, let me know and I'll erase this post inmediately :P

I always disliked the tracked music they used for the Geonosis battle, so I tried to do something more "appropiate". Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFfj1VoXmg

Music used:

- The Arena (AOTC)

- I am the Senate (ROTS) - fragment

- The Caged Animal (TPM)

- Hanger Battle (TPM)

- Get Em' R-2! (ROTS) - fragment

- Blowing up from the Inside (TPM)

- The Battle for Naboo III (TPM)

Enjoy! :)

PS: Because of copyright issues, the video is blocked on Germany (?).

I hope that it doesn't bother you, Faleel, if I use your topic to post one of my own rescores. If it does, let me know and I'll erase this post inmediately ;)

I always disliked the tracked music they used for the Geonosis battle, so I tried to do something more "appropiate". Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBFfj1VoXmg

Music used:

- The Arena (AOTC)

- I am the Senate (ROTS) - fragment

- The Caged Animal (TPM)

- Hanger Battle (TPM)

- Get Em' R-2! (ROTS) - fragment

- Blowing up from the Inside (TPM)

- The Battle for Naboo III (TPM)

Enjoy! :)

PS: Because of copyright issues, the video is blocked on Germany (?).

its no problem! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzH62Nkg7fI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETCq2ZKhZo

Part 2

Part 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qdTb4Ekaes

now i can truly call this a rescore,

i had a composer who i have befriended recently write a new score for the yoda vs. sidious duel,

this isnt the final version, the final version will have choir and will score til the end of the scene (Yoda's Defeat)

I'm not sure if I like the use of the Emperor's theme at 2:14, but it's certainly a very interesting choice. More interesting than the choices Williams made in scoring this scene.

I'm not sure if I like the use of the Emperor's theme at 2:14, but it's certainly a very interesting choice. More interesting than the choices Williams made in scoring this scene.

here are the temp tracks the composer "used"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LBoLADwUhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8s5apFjxlA

• 1 month later...