At least 2 more Williams releases due this year

Jay

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two Jurassics would be amazing. I'm not really familiar at all with unreleased material from TLW, but I would really like the full Rescuing Sarah cue. The quieter part with the strings where Eddie is getting the rope down to the others has a great rhythm to it.

The boot of BotFJ is also one of the de-hissed crappy sounding variety. So a proper release of this score I'd buy .But it is repetitive. Still ,the absolute best variation of the theme is the officially unreleased "The Syracuse Rally" . Between 0.38 and 0.55 I get a "Dark Side Beckons" vibe there

Yeah but there's only 13 minutes of unreleased music in JP

Officially unreleased, or only 13 minutes hasn't leaked in some form? Wow, that film has less music than I thought, especially considering a large part of the OST is repeated.

There are a few unscored actions scenes. It's possible Williams wrote music that was later rejected in favor of silence.

Officially unreleased, or only 13 minutes hasn't leaked in some form? Wow, that film has less music than I thought, especially considering a large part of the OST is repeated.

There are a few unscored actions scenes. It's possible Williams wrote music that was later rejected in favor of silence.

Yeah, I always wondered if Johnny wrote something for the first T-Rex scene and maybe like with Raptors in the Kitchen it was rejected to don't be too scary... Who knows.

I'm with Thor: any expansion of any Williams whatsoever would be a brutal crime against humanity.

Exactly. Because an expanded release forces you to listen to the added material in the sequence presented on the album.

While an original, under-represented release forces you to listen to the material in a more sonically pleasing, albeit substantially lacking, manner.

And no release at all, well, that's the best gift to humanity of all, because you get to use your imagination.

:P Nice one, centurion; like, it, .like it!

Both "...Plot", and "Spacecamp" would "plug" the J.W. holes. I'm not sure how much more re-mastering could be done to "TTI" without a full re-mix, and re-equalisation, but I'd happily spent my hard earnt on it, again. "Hook" would be nice, especially the last section of "The Ultimate War".

I'm betting on the two Jurassic Parks. Just because it would be awesome.

Agreed!

Although some of us here would say "I'm betting it's NOT the two Jurassic Parks. Just because it would be awesome."

Yeah but there's only 13 minutes of unreleased music in JP

Yes, I like the cue where Lex starts bugging Alan right before they start their tour. :P And the cartoon music, of course!

Btw, how much is missing from TLW?

OK, my most wanteds:

Jurassic Park

The Lost World

Harry Potter 1-3

the prequels

Dracula

Earthquake or The Towering Inferno

Hook

A.I.

I wonder if the first Jurassic could be fit on a single CD, as it's roughly 80 minutes of score (without counting the concert arrangements of the two main themes), unless there are lots of unused/alternate pieces. However I'm very much attached to the OST presentation, it flows beautifully imho.

The Lost World is really in need of a proper expanded presentation, as the album presentation, while fine, isn't one of Williams' best.

Well I know we won't see The Sugarland Express anytime soon. Forget about anything to do with Star Wars or Indiana Jones as well.

Although the odds are strong that it's not going to happen I wouldn't be surprised if Williams' HP scores were released by someone like LaLaLand. However those albums are still in print and Warner Brothers might want to do something on their own, plus I think Williams might have some say as well.

I'm also not holding out hope for any score from a Spielberg directed film.

I'm hoping for some older stuff like The Rare Breed and the original tracks to Midway. According to Ed Nassour over at FSM, there may be a possibility the actual session from Dracula are no longer in existence and all that exists are the album elements.

I would like to see a double disc set of the original Jaws album & the film score, remastered.

I'd like a better sounding Eiger Sanction, expanded if possible. The same for Jaws 2, 1941, Dracula, BOTFJ (although it does get repetitive keeping one's foot warm). I would also like complete versions of JP & TLW. And we need a re-release of Spacecamp.

Oh yeah, Family Plot too.

For as long as the Harry Potter franchise is still going strong, any soundtracks are going to be released by Warner Brothers themselves, not one of our beloved specialty labels. Maybe in 25 years.

A 3CD set of Jaws would be nice - disc 1 is the film score of Jaws, in chronological order this time. Disc 2 is a C&C Jaws 2, with no microedits or anything. Disc three is the original Jaws OST and the original Jaws 2 OST. All completely remastered. That'd be great!

That would be cool. I'd like to see the sequel scores in a Jaws box set also. I guess Jaws 3-D's OST was a re-recording also? I can imagine some fun packaging for a Jaws box.

That would be cool. I'd like to see the sequel scores in a Jaws box set also. I guess Jaws 3-D's OST was a re-recording also? I can imagine some fun packaging for a Jaws box.

Yes, I'm sure that it would have "bite", ha, ha!

That would be cool. I'd like to see the sequel scores in a Jaws box set also. I guess Jaws 3-D's OST was a re-recording also?

Yeah. It's a shame Intrada couldn't do anything with the actual score.

I would LOVE a complete Jurassic Park, though it seems unlikely anytime soon since, like many have said, it's only missing 13 minutes. Not so much demand for it as much as other Williams works, including The Lost World, which is begging for a more complete release. However, there have always been a handful of cues I've always wanted from Jurassic Park that I WISH could have been snuck on the official CD instead of the repeated music (which blew my mind, in a bad way, when I realized they actually did a cut/paste job of the exact same music).

I have of course wanted cues like the music when Lex and Tim are getting in the tour cars, the cartoon music, and others. But for me, the crown jewel of all missing cues from Jurassic Park has always been the T-Rex Jeep Chase! It's one of the most fun uses of the "carnivore" theme, and it's a shame it was dropped from the album. And like someone on this thread mentioned earlier, it drives me crazy everytime I go on the ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and I hear it playing in the background of the store!!!

Yeah, it's really weird to hear about unreleased JP music playing in a theme park! I guess it means one of two things: the sessions exist digitally and have never leaked, or a label is preparing a release and have already given Universal the files.

To be honest though, the only cue I'd really like, and which is impossible to extract from the DVD, is the cue at the start with Grant and the kids. The T-Rex Chase and 'Badlands' cues are super easy to extract.

I highly doubt we'll see complete Potters any time remotely soon. This is WB's really hot property, and if they did, they'd want it to appeal to the masses too. I would be seriously, massively impressed if any of the speciality labels managed to license them.

We do know that Warner Brothers is aware of us soundtrack collectors - they did after all release The Complete Recordings for another one of their hot properties - LOTR.

I'm actually surprised that they haven't done the same with Potter, especially with the final 2 movies coming out this year and next.

Yeah but the LotR sets had a director and composer who really wanted the music out there. I'd think Warner simply allowed it to happen (and I think I read on Doug Adams' blog that Shore kept the rights to the music? Something to do with having control of the sets going OOP).

With Potter you have 2 directors and one composer who clearly doesn't care. Hmmmmm....

I have a feeling we may be seeing the Potters sooner than later actually, sooner than the prequels anyway. Who knows maybe WB will let LaLaLand cooperate since it seems they have a good relationship.

That would be spectacular. The Lalaland/Warner Brothers collaborations have been 50/50 with me (With Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm, and The Fugitive being done well, and Mars Attacks! and Eraser having too many omissions/mistakes)... though I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops (and hopefully hire Matessino, who hasn't worked on an EAC yet afaik) if they got the Potters

Maybe, but if you think about it, the right window for the Potter scores is soon, with no more books and soon no more movies they should better get on it quickly. Warner seems aware that there is some money to be made in scores. I'm sure Elfman's Batman will sell out and that will help. Being recorded in England helps too.

I actually think the Potters in the next couple of years are more likely than Hook for example.

Maybe we'll get an expanded Stepmom?

Aaaargh!

Hoping for Family Plot here. I know I always say that, but I'd hate to confuse anyone by changing my style. A full Bot4July would be very nice too. Hell, I'd be happy with Daddy O. About the only thing I would be disappointed in would be an expanded Stepmom actually...

I heard the "Main Titles" to Daddy-O on YouTube once, and they sounded really great. Besides that, it'd be nice from a historical standpoint to have Johnny Williams' first film score in my collection.

Hopefully the session tapes are still available.

I believe Lukas Kendall had recently mentioned over at FSM that the sources for Williams' Daddy's Gone A-Hunting cannot be found / destroyed / don't exist.

I know I'm not alone in desiring complete Home Alone. It's a favorite. Major missing tracks include the best moment of the score, when Kevin says goodnight, the first break-in attempt and the complete Attack on the House with film version of the swing to the treehouse. It would also be nice to have it all in chronological order.

Yea the OST is a mess of concert arrangements, combined cues, and repeated material all jumbled up

The original Jaws and Jaws 2 will not fit on one disk.

The original Jaws and Jaws 2 will not fit on one disk.

Of course they would!

The Jaws OST runs 35:04 and the Jaws 2 OST runs 40:35, for a total of 75:39

According to Ed Nassour over at FSM, there may be a possibility the actual session from Dracula are no longer in existence and all that exists are the album elements.

That possibility makes me sad. ;)

Where was it recorded? Anvil? Abbey Road? It says "recorded in England" on the vinyl sleeve. They must be around somewhere.

I love the cue when Dracula arrives on the buggy. Langella was right. Williams should conduct that score more often.

;) Along with the film version of "Draculs's Death", this is my favourite cue.

According to Ed Nassour over at FSM, there may be a possibility the actual session from Dracula are no longer in existence and all that exists are the album elements.

That possibility makes me sad. :(

Where was it recorded? Anvil? Abbey Road? It says "recorded in England" on the vinyl sleeve. They must be around somewhere.

I love the cue when Dracula arrives on the buggy. Langella was right. Williams should conduct that score more often.

:) Along with the film version of "Draculs's Death", this is my favourite cue.

I see no reason why they shouldn't be in Universal's possession, since it really wasn't common to leave the session masters at the recording studio in some no man's land. This plus the fact that the labels certainly have tried to license the title and would've gotten as much feedback as 'sorry, masters destroyed' - a knowledge which they most likely would have shared with us.

Come to think of it, was the DVD newly mixed? That would mean that the masters were available...

Come to think of it, was the DVD newly mixed? That would mean that the masters were available...

No I don't thhink that that would be the correct conclusion.

The could base the new mix upon the original 6 track master - .. so all that may exist are the filmstems, maybe?

Idon't think that it is practical to mix everything from scratch.

Exactly, films are remixed for modern home viewing all the time, but that doesn't mean they go back to the original music recording sessions and recreate all the film edits. They just remix the 6 (or however many) track master of the final mix