Say a Harry Potter Box set is released........

Ollie

IF a complete Harry Potter Soundtrack Box set was released.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you:

• Buy it?
    • Illegally Download Only The John Williams scores?
    • Pass On Buying?
    • Whine and Complain that it's a conspiracy against Williams that you have to pay for the other 5 scores?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boxset is hypothetical is not even rumored yet.

Really? Oh My...

:thumbup::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've really had it with this place lately.

The boxset is hypothetical is not even rumored yet.

Really? Oh My...

:thumbup::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've really had it with this place lately.

It would sound more badass if you threw in some motherfuckin's.

So I wonder if anyone will own up to knowing they'll take the "whine and complain" route if this thing actually did happen? ;)

If I had the money I'd probably get it, box sets that cost triple digits just aren't realistic for me right now. See: Blue Box.

A member on FSM is selling his entire music collection on eBay, like 1,400+ CDs. A part of me doesn't want to share that info here (less competition), but The Blue Box is going now for $50. Mind you there's still like 3 days left, I've got an eye on it myself. I'm bidding on some of his others though, which all start at $5.

Mark, just tell yourself that the people who have trouble comprehending the intent of your thread and its title are the ones for whom English is a third language or lower. That has to be it.

Harry Potters 1, 2, and 3 are good, but I would not invest so much money to buy the dead weight of the subsequent scores.

A member on FSM is selling his entire music collection on eBay, like 1,400+ CDs. A part of me doesn't want to share that info here (less competition), but The Blue Box is going now for $50. Mind you there's still like 3 days left, I've got an eye on it myself. I'm bidding on some of his others though, which all start at $5.

I see it sold for $88.89. Did you win it?

I just checked the list and saw that it was gone. Oh I hope somebody here who wanted it for a long time got it. If I didn't own it, I would have been bidding.

No I didn't win it, didn't even bid. The past 4 days I've been on the road, driving from my humble Bethesda home to Los Angeles. My brother is moving there so I took some time off from work and decided to drive out with him. I'm flying back on the 4th of August. I was bidding on La-La Land's release of Ifukube's Gojira, but got outbid by like 50 cents. I would have checked on the listing this morning (that's when it ended), but I was staying at a creepy Bates motel and wanted to get out of there. They didn't have wi-fi, only a couple computers in the main office.

I'm not too bummed, I've got Spartacus shipping so that's a lot out of my pocket.

Are any of the Potter re-recordings good? I like Kunzel's recordings from Film Fantasies. I see a tin at FYE with 3 discs of music from the first 3 scores and the Prague CDs, of course.

I'd get "Nimbus 2000" from Music from the Harry Potter Films and "Family Portrait" from the album As Time Goes By, since those two cues are not available elsewhere. But I don't own any other parts of the rerecordings, so I can't answer your question.

Are any of the Potter re-recordings good? I like Kunzel's recordings from Film Fantasies. I see a tin at FYE with 3 discs of music from the first 3 scores and the Prague CDs, of course.

I have the concert arrangement of "A Window to the Past" from this Prague recording (track 12): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GKXGIG/sr=1-12/qid=1280457201/ref=sr_1_12_digr?ie=UTF8&qid=1280457201&sr=1-12

I think it's pretty good.

I have the concert arrangement of "A Window to the Past" from this Prague recording (track 12): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GKXGIG/sr=1-12/qid=1280457201/ref=sr_1_12_digr?ie=UTF8&qid=1280457201&sr=1-12

Isn't that included on the OST?

Isn't that included on the OST?

Different orchestration.

• 2 weeks later...