BloodBoal

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair though you could put pretty much anything to "Opening Bombing Mission" and it will work. It's just that awesome.

In the other "re-scored" thread the music is cut up and spliced into a mismatch of cues. This is one stand alone piece that manages to flow with the images on screen.

Heh, I haven't even been looking at that thread.

To be fair though you could put pretty much anything to "Opening Bombing Mission" and it will work. It's just that awesome.

:P

:)

I concur.

Not over something that was scored by John Williams.It's a desecration

In the other "re-scored" thread the music is cut up and spliced into a mismatch of cues. This is one stand alone piece that manages to flow with the images on screen.

Heh, I haven't even been looking at that thread.

:)

you should check out my post ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty good Final Fantasy arrangement from Symphonic Fantasies. Very unconventional and even humorous at times, with the Chocobo theme interjection. I would say that the choir didn't help in some pieces, particularly with the battle theme and "Opening Bombing Mission". You just can't put a chorus over some pieces and have it work. On the other hand it was greatly welcome in the prelude and main theme, in fact the arrangement of the main theme is one of the better ones I've heard.

• 3 months later...

I have the feeling that video game music is often disregarded by film scores fans in general (I'm not saying that it's case with the people on this forum ! Actually, I think the opposite ! :) ). And I think that Final Fantasy - Distant Worlds CDs are the perfect way to introduce people to video game music and to Final Fantasy music. In my opinion, these are the best recordings of Final Fantasy music so far.

I saw the National Symphony perform a concert of this music this past summer at Wolf Trap. It was one of those deals where they had scenes from the game playing on a huge hi-def screen above the orchestra. Great concert.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Now that this thread is still going i yet again have to thank you Blood, for the best recommendation of a gamemusic melody i ever got. And it's of course the theme played in the

track Fulfilled Desire starting at 1:50 with the amazingly beautiful and tender rendition and seques into triumphant epic mode at 2:22 till 3:00.

This single theme has Goldsmith, Williams filmmusic niveau and i enjoy it immensely.

Fulfilled Desire

Just for members who want to check out other appearances and arrangements of this theme i have a short list here.

A Moment of Courtesy

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhOROCG4AiE"

Duty and Friendship

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZf7TzOAtY"

A Momentary Rest

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBwlMt2joqg"

The Price of Freedom

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk2lnnh5WJM"

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

You listen to Ludovico Einaudi too eh? Good stuff.

I got his Live Albert Hall DVD for Christmas - it's awesome.

the man is a genius.

do you know about his 2013 tour? concerts in several uk cities! none in scandinavia though:(

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Cool they put Final Fantasy XIII stuff

I would have liked the Prelude though, or some sort of extended version of it. The theme is not on many tracks of the XIII OST and this is the only "full" version of the theme

At least Final Fantasy X got a re-mastered and re-mixed soundtrack that sounds less dated and syn-thy than the original version

When I played the game some cues just blew me away, like this one that plays when Yuna jumps off the Bevelle balcony

speaking of which, is there really an official c.d. of FFX re-master or only fan game rips on you tube?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I love my physical round compact disc thingies I wanted to know whether the new Distant Worlds III album on CD is an international release (with english covers and liner notes) or a japanese one, with the booklet in japanese (which I definitely don't want). And if one will eventually be sold.

I just listened to it and I want to own it... I prefer these concert versions over the arrangements done on the recent Final Symphony release. That one plays a bit differently and may not get as many listens as this sort of FF album, which I simply adore.

That Chocobo medley is totally fun and best version yet?

@ Marc, Masashi Hamauzu's work on FF XIII is fantastic indeed (from your post way back in 2010). ;)

@ Marc, Masashi Hamauzu's work on FF XIII is fantastic indeed (from your post way back in 2010). ;)

Now I must add that I also love the FFXIII-2 and FXIII-3 OSTs ;)

They came up with brilliant, innovative ideas for these such as the themes morphing into "agressive mix" mode in XIII-2, or the different town themes depending of the time of the day in XIII-3 !

I especially love this absolutely gorgeous song, written by Naoshi Mizuta, sung by Joelle